393 2 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rangemaster728
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72149 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an Air 3, and while it indeed appears to be transmitting RID, 14CFR 89.525(a) mandates:

"(a) No person may produce a standard remote identification unmanned aircraft under § 89.515 unless it displays a label indicating that the unmanned aircraft meets the requirements of this part. The label must be in English and be legible, prominent, and permanently affixed to the unmanned aircraft.

While compliance to the applicable standard is indeed labeled on the backside of the box, it doesn't go flying unless you throw the box lol.

The label on the aircraft is INSIDE the  battery compartment; the RID compliance is at the top. It can only be seen  with a strong flashlight, a magnifying glass and a lot of squinting.

This does not satisfy the requirement of 89.525(a) - the label being "prominent"... it clearly is not.

I've opened this issue with DJI and recommended they create and send us compliance stickers.

2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that all new/newly released DJI Drones are now Remote ID-compliant drones. If you bring a RID-compliant drone to the US from a non-US country, the drone will indeed broadcast an FAA Remote ID signal after taking off in the US. Regarding the sticker, we're glad that you have already contacted our team and now waiting for the sticker that you need. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-6
Use props
rangemaster728
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72149 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE 1...

DJI actually called me back and we discussed this issue during a phone call within a few hours of my initial call...impressive.
The representative understands my concern and indicated it has been escalated to DJI management to try and find a resolution.

Stay tuned...
2023-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules