Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (06/13/2024)
48708 372 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

djiuser_NxaIKDN0qwcW Posted at 3-30 01:47
I can't recommend the update when it comes to the pure image quality.
The image is now slightly denoised again and loses details.

I'm afraid you can't.
3-30 02:34
Use props
jbrujah
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_NxaIKDN0qwcW Posted at 3-30 01:47
I can't recommend the update when it comes to the pure image quality.
The image is now slightly denoised again and loses details.

make sure your custom video settings weren't reset. That's what happened after I updated mine.
3-30 03:15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

TOTAL RECALL   we'll wipe your memory clean, Lol
3-30 03:18
Use props
Tanhy
lvl.2

Czechia

Thevion Posted at 3-30 01:10
I think the difference will only be visible in a very dynamic and lit film.  I suspect that they increased the bitrate of low frame rate videos and instead of e.g. 80mbps it is 120mbps

My files are the same bitrate in 4K 4:3 25p after the update.
before and after

https://youtu.be/f08zAmizV4I
3-30 03:45
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Tanhy Posted at 3-30 03:45
My files are the same bitrate in 4K 4:3 25p after the update.
before and after
[view_image]

Thanks a lot.
I really can't see any difference at all except that 1.04 looks a little brightened up and the white balance is a little different, when looking to the stones on the building left.

3-30 05:26
Use props
-paleface-
lvl.1
Germany

Here are two screenshots.
The noise is slighty more on the old version. But you see in the lines there are more details.
So when you use something like neat video you get a better version with the old firmware.

The new has a noise reduction even when i put the noise reduction on -2.
But you lose details.

an statement from dji would be nice!

3-30 06:36
Use props
banj
lvl.2
United States

I have had problems getting "8-bit mode" after using an action4 or pocket3 with UVC mode and an encoder.  I am including a clip.  The way to fix this mode is to restart webcam mode and all the colors come back.

https://kick.com/banjoe?clip=clip_01HSC6SRD6Q0WBM0SFJ8FAG0FM

1. Can DJI please fix "8-bit mode" so it doesn't happen randomly?
2. Can DJI please make 8-bit mode a setting that you can toggle?  It is pretty cool for a glitch, but would be nice to know it is on and it is be on purpose.

Thanks,

banjoe
3-31 06:37
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

Still we have stutters in UVC mode with the new firmware update. When will this be fixed DJI? This is unacceptable.
3-31 09:58
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

PeloTom Posted at 3-31 09:58
Still we have stutters in UVC mode with the new firmware update. When will this be fixed DJI? This is unacceptable.

In DJI Action 5
3-31 10:57
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

banj Posted at 3-31 06:37
https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/68f5a6e6-eff7-4a4d-888e-1562b7d1dc05I have had problems getting "8-bit mode" after using an action4 or pocket3 with UVC mode and an encoder.  I am including a clip.  The way to fix this mode is to restart webcam mode and all the colors come back.

https://kick.com/banjoe?clip=clip_01HSC6SRD6Q0WBM0SFJ8FAG0FM

Haha! It's a cool effect!
I hope the firmware upgrade fixed it.
3-31 16:25
Use props
brunaita
lvl.2
Spain

Hi updated and I do not saw any relevant improvements in IQ

I lost my custom settings, what seems to be common
4-1 03:01
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

#Quick Reply Here# taken the vibrate away
4-1 08:06
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-1 08:06
#Quick Reply Here#https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76-b5mAsJE taken the vibrate away

Hi Fish, here's how to turn it back on.
Your idea with different notifications is actually pretty cool.
4-2 15:02
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thanks Adreus.
4-2 15:42
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Dear DJI and All: I am not sure if  the DJI mic 2 is perfect, but I recall it buzzed when the pair, was used to  start & stop the OA4, I  did not feel that for the OP3, maybe it was a fluke, anyone else come forward and can confirm, because when fw 1.4 was loaded I no longer notice it.

1 You do not Need a Rx to change any Transmitters settings, reason why, the "green"  paired side caters only to the Rx, and no matter waht you choose  on the RX, the Tx will only be good on the GREEN side, and what is hte green side people. The RX.

2. So if you  want to set up the Stand alone TX, do not buy the RX it does not work to change any settings of it for the OA4, and OP3,   this was just proven that you set the Vibration on the RX to off,  and then go to the OA4 and set to on, and simply swap back and fourth  with  Pair memory,and you  see exactly what I am talking about.

3. the Tx stand alone can be hooked up to the OP3 & OA4 or two different OA4's or two different OA3's DJI will not  allow us, its possible reason why the RX, and  OA4, op3 green and blue confirms that its a two memory system.

4. If DJI can Iron this out,   wow, but   not sure they understand consumers level of talk, they are engineers they deal with 001000100101001010010 , yeah hard to communicate such an easy thing

oh I pleade the 5th on this one.  

DJI  thank you

FISH
4-2 16:08
Use props
RabotaSX
New

Norway

-paleface- Posted at 3-30 06:36
Here are two screenshots.
The noise is slighty more on the old version. But you see in the lines there are more details.
So when you use something like neat video you get a better version with the old firmware.

The more noise (or grain) that is removed, the more details is removed as well. Details is sort of between all the noise, to say it like that. The videos will look blurred and smudged as more and more noise is removed. I would like for the noise reduction that was present in the previous firmware version v01.03.08.20 to return, or that there is added a noise reduction level -3 that makes the video and details look like the previous firmware version.
4-3 18:56
Use props
-paleface-
lvl.1
Germany

RabotaSX Posted at 4-3 18:56
The more noise (or grain) that is removed, the more details is removed as well. Details is sort of between all the noise, to say it like that. The videos will look blurred and smudged as more and more noise is removed. I would like for the noise reduction that was present in the previous firmware version v01.03.08.20 to return, or that there is added a noise reduction level -3 that makes the video and details look like the previous firmware version.

Yes. That would be nice.
4-4 02:02
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Firmare 1.3.8.20 needs to Be reinstated  I am requesting   it so I can have my lost feature back.  DJI thank you for hte PM, DM.  give me my request so I can be back with what was taken away
4-4 02:32
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

#Quick Reply Here#
4-4 03:41
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Lost ALL of my customized settings after the firmware update. Why DJI has to to this all the time? Is there a way to save the custom settings to the app first...at least?
4-4 18:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-4 02:32
Firmare 1.3.8.20 needs to Be reinstated  I am requesting   it so I can have my lost feature back.  DJI thank you for hte PM, DM.  give me my request so I can be back with what was taken away

Hi, Fishycomics. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask what feature are you referring to?
4-5 02:47
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 02:47
Hi, Fishycomics. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask what feature are you referring to?

video explained.
4-5 03:04
Use props
Joe787
New
Flight distance : 17877 ft
Croatia

SCORPiON5150 Posted at 2023-9-8 17:10
Agreed. Huge bummer as the wind noise with motorcycle use is my biggest disappointment with the camera so far. Hopefully 4k gets unlocked in a future update but I'm imagining the processing power required might make it impossible sadly.

time will tell , lets hope for the best
4-5 03:29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FfoSuy Posted at 4-4 18:20
Lost ALL of my customized settings after the firmware update. Why DJI has to to this all the time? Is there a way to save the custom settings to the app first...at least?

Hi, FfoSuy. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Certain firmware versions, after being updated, required to reset the camera settings back to apply changes to settings and therefore could reset the camera settings back to factory defaults; this currently cannot be changed. Also, there's currently no way to save the custom settings to the app but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
4-5 04:53
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

sounds like they need to use all the Internal memory of hte camera,
4-5 10:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you, Fishycomics. Please check our reply on this thread.
4-8 03:47
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-8 03:47
Thank you, Fishycomics. Please check our reply on this thread.

chcked and answeered
4-8 04:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-8 04:10
chcked and answeered

Thank you, Fishycomics We'll check on it.
4-9 05:18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 05:18
Thank you, Fishycomics We'll check on it.

Do come back with a resolution not an additional question of the marketed product. (smiles)
4-9 05:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-9 05:30
Do come back with a resolution not an additional question of the marketed product. (smiles)

We're confirming it with our relevant team, Fishycomics. Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-9 23:38
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

a week of repeated messges of no resolution, put yourself in my shoes, is there a real answer to this or just going back abd fourth   receptionist responses
4-10 02:31
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

Loss of Focus after 10 feet or so
https://youtube.com/shorts/FAnbu7VydDI
Ever since the new firmware update, my camera loses focus beyond 10 feet or so. Look at how blurry the field is and the scoreboard. You can't even read the score
4-10 06:08
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I could barly see the guy in Yellow sorry
4-10 06:58
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 4-10 06:58
I could barly see the guy in Yellow sorry

I know, beyond the gravel on the ground, it's bad. It's only been like this since the firmware update.

4-10 08:01
Use props
Tanhy
lvl.2

Czechia

Mark Yazinski Posted at 4-10 06:08
Loss of Focus after 10 feet or so
https://youtube.com/shorts/FAnbu7VydDI
Ever since the new firmware update, my camera loses focus beyond 10 feet or so. Look at how blurry the field is and the scoreboard. You can't even read the score

Sharing files as shorts doesnt make any sense, shorts are too compressed to see details.. Upload your file in 4k on youtube or cloud in full resolution.
Regardless, I dont think formware updates can change focus, action 4 has fixed focus lens. Details could be affected by denoising or luck of added artificial "sharpness", what are your settings?
4-10 08:52
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

Tanhy Posted at 4-10 08:52
Sharing files as shorts doesnt make any sense, shorts are too compressed to see details.. Upload your file in 4k on youtube or cloud in full resolution.
Regardless, I dont think formware updates can change focus, action 4 has fixed focus lens. Details could be affected by denoising or luck of added artificial "sharpness", what are your settings?

Pro settings
Shutter 1/100-1/8000
ISO 100-800
Auto WB
FOV Wide
Sharpness -2
Noise Red  -2
4K 30FPS
Rocksteady

These were the same settings before the firmware update and I didn't have this focus issue at length
Since noticing this yesterday, I have done a Factory Reset, Formatted the SD Card, and changed my FOV from Wide to Dewarp. i also pushed up the ISO Max to 1600. At 4k 30fps, the focusing is still an issue, but it is noticeably better at 4k 60fps.
4-10 09:17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

they have done somethingt othe 30fps and lower I say,    hope they can  fix their issues I  wish the best of luck
4-10 09:25
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 4-10 09:25
they have done somethingt othe 30fps and lower I say,    hope they can  fix their issues I  wish the best of luck

The problem is they do say they tweaked the 30FPS and lower to give better quality.  It's actually much worse when it affects the focus
4-10 09:39
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Mark Yazinski Posted at 4-10 09:39
The problem is they do say they tweaked the 30FPS and lower to give better quality.  It's actually much worse when it affects the focus

Wish thy correct it but will they?
4-10 10:02
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

I have since returned to the scene and compared 4k at 30fps and 60fps, with Sharpness set to 0 and -2.  At -2, the scoreboard in the outfield is blurry to the point where it cannot be read. At 0, I can read the school name. I think this is part of the issue.
4-10 12:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules