Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (03/27/2024)
46867 355 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giroro
lvl.1

United States

Has anybody figured out what firmware v01.04.05.10 is doing to improve video quality? The video I saw looked like maybe slightly higher dynamic range.
Is it taking 2 frames at different exposures and combining them, similar to GoPro 12's HDR mode? If so, is this going to impact heat/battery life? I think there will be situations where I would want to turn off the extra processing. Not just for heat/battery, but to ensure 30 fps footage will perfectly match 60 fps, even if that means making the 30 fps video look a little worse.

Not sure if I should take some comparison videos before updating. A good comparison would be a lot of work. I would rather see DJI do the comparison while explaining some technical detail of the change. I guess if I update I can just change swap settings between 60/48 and 30/24 fps to see a difference in stills. Unless it's supposed to change how the motion looks too.
4-10 13:35
Use props
RIKAAR
lvl.1

Hungary

I cant connect to the MIMO app on my Samsung Smartphone X Cover Pro 6! Really annyoing...DJI please!!

Someone knows if its possible to control more Action 4 simultaniously with the GPS Remote? And turn them On and Off or start Record simultaniously? This should be very nice (like the insta Ace Pro)

Thanks

4-10 13:56
Use props
djiuser_6M6tcMwfwqTV
lvl.1

India

Please add 5k resolution video recording because all action camera at this price range have this facility . Also add 240 fps 2.7k video recording option . I think these option can be add with software update .
4-10 19:32
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Interpolation it no thanks, OA5 may get it ,not the Action 4
4-11 03:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RIKAAR Posted at 4-10 13:56
I cant connect to the MIMO app on my Samsung Smartphone X Cover Pro 6! Really annyoing...DJI please!!

Someone knows if its possible to control more Action 4 simultaniously with the GPS Remote? And turn them On and Off or start Record simultaniously? This should be very nice (like the insta Ace Pro)

Hi, RIKAAR. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more details about the issue with the Mimo app and your mobile phone?

The GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller can be used with Osmo Action 4 to shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously but it cannot turn off/on them simultaneously.
4-11 05:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_6M6tcMwfwqTV Posted at 4-10 19:32
Please add 5k resolution video recording because all action camera at this price range have this facility . Also add 240 fps 2.7k video recording option . I think these option can be add with software update .

While software updates can sometimes improve display quality or offer better scaling options, they usually can't magically add pixels that the hardware isn't designed to support. The hardware must be capable of handling the increased pixel density, and the software must be optimized to support the higher resolution without compromising performance or compatibility. However, we will still forward this to our relevant team as a suggestion of yours. Thank you for your continued support.
4-11 05:47
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-10 02:31
a week of repeated messges of no resolution, put yourself in my shoes, is there a real answer to this or just going back abd fourth   receptionist responses

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly check my DM. Thank you.
4-11 05:56
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 05:56
We're sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly check my DM. Thank you.

Thank you  10 characters short
4-11 06:05
Use props
DeepFriedDave
lvl.1
Germany

If I buy a US version of the OSMO Action 4 and upgrade the firmware while in Europe, will it impose the EU lower temperature regulation onto my device? Conversely if I upgrade the firmware on my EU bought Action 4 and upgrade it in the US, will it have the US temperature regulation at which it shuts off?
4-11 21:36
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

FW ver 01.04.05.10
camera fw 10.04.00.07

EU people  anyone want to  mark down theirs
4-12 02:58
Use props
MNTN
lvl.1

Serbia

Hello everyone!

Have the problem a few users mentioned here, more precise, someone sold me a new unit but it turns out to be a 'Display Unit'  : /

Have the latest app version and all, but cannot update the firmware at all !

I've checked the activation, and as everyone has already mentioned, it was already activated from factory..

Admins, how can one sort/ 'unbrick' this camera please?

I payed a full price and now i cannot update for new features you have set in the firmware updates, gutted!

Thanks in advance for any help on this~
4-14 01:01
Use props
brunaita
lvl.2
Spain

MNTN Posted at 4-14 01:01
Hello everyone!

Have the problem a few users mentioned here, more precise, someone sold me a new unit but it turns out to be a 'Display Unit'  : /

Hi

That is strange. I have bought a OM4 refurbished from the spanish distributor. As with you it was alteady activated but once paired with the App I installed the last FW without problems
4-14 04:12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

It would be best to get back to the dealer, as Display Models are not for sale  IMHO
4-14 04:24
Use props
RIKAAR
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 05:42
Hi, RIKAAR. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more details about the issue with the Mimo app and your mobile phone?

The GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller can be used with Osmo Action 4 to shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously but it cannot turn off/on them simultaneously.

If I knew I would fix the problem myself! The phone is 1 year old (latest android update latest samsung update)! The DJi software developers must be able to simplify and optimize the connection process! The connection to the app works perfectly with my Samsung Tablet 8S. I do everything according to the instructions, also the 4 numbered code appears in the display of the camera (so there must somwehow a connection with th ephone) then press connect in the app and nothing happens...

With the remote controller! DJi should release a new hardware version 2.0! And withdraw the current version! What's the point if you can't switch several cameras on and off at the same time? Can you at least switch Record On Off for several cameras? And is it possible to save battery by at least leaving the screens completely black while recording? For example, these would have to be things that can be implemented via software, right?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
4-14 07:56
Use props
MNTN
lvl.1

Serbia

Fishycomics Posted at 4-14 04:24
It would be best to get back to the dealer, as Display Models are not for sale  IMHO

Thanks for your reply Fishy,

but that is not possible as the seller was not a dealer or any official store, i'm afraid.

In hindsight, it's my fault for not buying from a store ofcourse..but i am looking now if there a possibility to further update this device. It's my first DJI product! : (

4-15 00:26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

MNTN Posted at 4-15 00:26
Thanks for your reply Fishy,

but that is not possible as the seller was not a dealer or any official store, i'm afraid.

Sorry to hear that, try to get with the seller, i try a dispute,  last resort is to send to DJI repair and pay for the fix if there is.  good luck
4-15 02:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 4-11 06:05
Thank you  10 characters short

Please check our updated DM. Thank you.
4-16 00:07
Use props
NJW1967
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8566 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I was hoping DJI were going to update the firmware to allow 3rd party Bluetooth microphone connections, I would love to connect my SENA Motorcycle Helmet Direct to the Action 4 / Pocket 3 and not have to use a Bluetooth adaptor, these cameras are awesome just lacking in a few key areas.
It is my understanding Go Pro allow this connection option on their latest model come on DJI give us more connectivity options without the hassle of having to plug adaptors in and unnecessary extra wires.  
4-16 02:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NJW1967 Posted at 4-16 02:51
Hi all,
I was hoping DJI were going to update the firmware to allow 3rd party Bluetooth microphone connections, I would love to connect my SENA Motorcycle Helmet Direct to the Action 4 / Pocket 3 and not have to use a Bluetooth adaptor, these cameras are awesome just lacking in a few key areas.
It is my understanding Go Pro allow this connection option on their latest model come on DJI give us more connectivity options without the hassle of having to plug adaptors in and unnecessary extra wires.

Hi, NJW1967. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your ideas. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
4-16 04:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MNTN Posted at 4-14 01:01
Hello everyone!

Hi, MNTN. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please provide the Serial Number via DM for us to further check? Thank you.
4-16 04:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DeepFriedDave Posted at 4-11 21:36
If I buy a US version of the OSMO Action 4 and upgrade the firmware while in Europe, will it impose the EU lower temperature regulation onto my device? Conversely if I upgrade the firmware on my EU bought Action 4 and upgrade it in the US, will it have the US temperature regulation at which it shuts off?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The device will impose the EU regulation once you have connected Action 4 to the DJI Mimo App to update the country code (make sure that your phone's GPS and internet connected is turned on as well). It will do the same thing if you're from the EU to the US.
4-16 05:05
Use props
MNTN
lvl.1

Serbia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 04:38
Hi, MNTN. We're sorry to read about this. Can you please provide the Serial Number via DM for us to further check? Thank you.

Yes, ofcourse.
I've just sent you a DM.
Thanks.

4-16 18:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RIKAAR Posted at 4-14 07:56
If I knew I would fix the problem myself! The phone is 1 year old (latest android update latest samsung update)! The DJi software developers must be able to simplify and optimize the connection process! The connection to the app works perfectly with my Samsung Tablet 8S. I do everything according to the instructions, also the 4 numbered code appears in the display of the camera (so there must somwehow a connection with th ephone) then press connect in the app and nothing happens...

With the remote controller! DJi should release a new hardware version 2.0! And withdraw the current version! What's the point if you can't switch several cameras on and off at the same time? Can you at least switch Record On Off for several cameras? And is it possible to save battery by at least leaving the screens completely black while recording? For example, these would have to be things that can be implemented via software, right?

Hi, RIKAAR. Thank you for the reply. We'll get back to you regarding your questions about the GPS Remote Controller. As for the connection issue, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
• Confirm if the DJI Mimo app has been updated to the latest version.
• Enable the corresponding permissions on the mobile phone: all permissions relating to mobile phone location/location information/GPS location.
• Reset the connection on the Osmo Action 4  by following the steps below: Go to “System Settings - Wireless Connection - Reset Wi-Fi Connection”, and reset the connection (reset all connections and Wi-Fi passwords).
• Check the region where you are located and the mobile phone model to check that the Wi-Fi frequency is supported by the corresponding mobile phone or in the corresponding region (the frequency that a mobile phone supports can be checked on the parameter page on the official website of the mobile phone brand). Then, follow the steps below based on the supported Wi-Fi:
1) Set the Osmo Action 4 Wi-Fi frequency.
(1) If the current region or mobile phone model only supports the 2.4 GHz frequency, set the Osmo Action 4 Wi-Fi frequency to 2.4 GHz. Go to: Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency.
(2) If the current region and mobile phone model supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, set the Osmo Action 4 (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) Wi-Fi frequency to Auto (default). Go to: Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency.
2) Go to Osmo Action 4 Action Settings - Wireless Connection - Wireless Information and stay on the page, as shown below:

3. Open the mobile phone Settings- Wi-Fi List and connect to the Wi-Fi signal started with Osmo Action 4.
Notes: If the mobile phone supports WLAN+/WLAN Assistant, disable the WLAN+/WLAN Assistant to prevent the mobile phone system from switching to Wi-Fi automatically.

• Manually modify the IP address.
1. Set the IP to DHCP (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
2. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
3. Switch to DHCP (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.
• Launch DJI Mimo. After the device is identified, go to Camera View.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
4-17 06:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MNTN Posted at 4-16 18:05
Yes, ofcourse.
I've just sent you a DM.
Thanks.

We have replied to your DM. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.
4-17 06:20
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
  • >>>
Poland

What really bothers me, compared to the competition, is very high ghosting in low light and stabilization.  This image smearing looks terrible and even occurs in DJI advertising videos.  It would be great if there was an option to make the stabilization worse in low light, but the ghosting effect could also be eliminated.
4-17 12:28
Use props
akhil
lvl.1

India

Im glad i bought adventure combo , my friend were looking for extra battery but no stock
4-18 00:21
Use props
YangChaoLi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691066 ft
United States

I just updated to 1.04.0510 firmware and it seems to have erased all my Custom Mode settings. Is this normal?
4-19 09:57
Use props
djiuser_6M6tcMwfwqTV
lvl.1

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 05:47
While software updates can sometimes improve display quality or offer better scaling options, they usually can't magically add pixels that the hardware isn't designed to support. The hardware must be capable of handling the increased pixel density, and the software must be optimized to support the higher resolution without compromising performance or compatibility. However, we will still forward this to our relevant team as a suggestion of yours. Thank you for your continued support.

I read that DJI OSMO ACTION 4 hardware is very much capable to take 48 mega pixel still photo but I don't know why they are not using full potential of their hardware like GOPRO HERO 12 . I wish DJI add 5k resolution at 30 and 60 fps and 2.7k 240 fps .
4-21 07:17
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mic 2 now works pretty darn good with noise reduction off and a gain of like +6
I took it out fishing on the Kayak and it picked up the background sounds of nature etc really
good.   
Good job on the fireware update.

4-22 10:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_6M6tcMwfwqTV Posted at 4-21 07:17
I read that DJI OSMO ACTION 4 hardware is very much capable to take 48 mega pixel still photo but I don't know why they are not using full potential of their hardware like GOPRO HERO 12 . I wish DJI add 5k resolution at 30 and 60 fps and 2.7k 240 fps .

Hi, djiuser_6M6tcMwfwqTV. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
4-23 05:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

snorkel Posted at 4-22 10:48
The mic 2 now works pretty darn good with noise reduction off and a gain of like +6
I took it out fishing on the Kayak and it picked up the background sounds of nature etc really
good.   

Glad that you like the features on the new firmware update, snorkel. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
4-23 05:15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

snorkel Posted at 4-22 10:48
I took it out fishing on the Kayak and it picked up the background sounds of nature etc really
good.   

The wireless Mic 2 is a lovely package when it arrives. A terrific pouch and a good quality wind breaker.

I was really surprised just how robust the sound is from this mic into the Action 4. I would say that it’s almost a ‘must buy’ for people buying the Action 4. Transforms it it a fantastic little combo.

DJI have done a great job on this.
4-23 06:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree the stand alone is the way to go but for me I gotten the Rx kit and that needs some attention,  once you  get used to it the rest is  awesome OA4 + mic 2  2024 winner
4-23 06:59
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.2

Sweden

Recently bought an Action 4 and thought about buying the Mic 2 due to the latest firmware. Only need to buy the transmitter as the receiver doesn't seem to be needed? The only problem is that it doesn't seem like it's possible to mute the sound on the transmitter if you don't have the receiver and then you lose a bit of the ability to keep the camera waterproof since the receiver has to be connected to the camera via USB-C? Searched everywhere, but can't find anything that says otherwise.

As I understand it, muting the old Mic 1 by pressing a button on the transmitter worked?

Is there a fix I missed or could this be something that will hopefully come in a later update? Can't find another post on this question, so am I the only one who has this thoughts? It would be convenient if it was either possible to mute on the transmitter, or choose to mute it in some menu on the A4.
4-24 07:39
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.2

Sweden

Titanium80 Posted at 4-24 07:39
Recently bought an Action 4 and thought about buying the Mic 2 due to the latest firmware. Only need to buy the transmitter as the receiver doesn't seem to be needed? The only problem is that it doesn't seem like it's possible to mute the sound on the transmitter if you don't have the receiver and then you lose a bit of the ability to keep the camera waterproof since the receiver has to be connected to the camera via USB-C? Searched everywhere, but can't find anything that says otherwise.

As I understand it, muting the old Mic 1 by pressing a button on the transmitter worked?

Solved in thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D923%26typeid%3D923
4-26 06:44
Use props
djiuser_mVgqpDB9oo71
New

Turkey

The Hilight tag preview added when the mode button is pressed during recording does not appear in the video.  It appeared on Gopro.  When I needed to delete a video to free up space on the memory card, I could see the tagged videos and not delete them.  How can I do this in Osmo Action? (I added the screenshot where the highlight icon should be.)
5-3 06:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules