New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (03/27/2024)
123456789Next >
40822 354 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Overview
  • Date: 2024.03.27
  • Firmware Version: v01.04.05.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.12.0
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.12.0

What's New
  • Optimized processing algorithm to significantly upgrade the image quality when recording video at 30 fps or lower.
  • Added auto power off function for DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. When a transmitter is not connected to a device and is not recording independently for more than 15 minutes, the transmitter will automatically power off. When the transmitter is connected to the cam era, tap settings > Wireless Mic > Auto Power Off to enable the function. (The firmware of transmitter should be v 04.03.08.31 or above.)
  • Optimized the recording gain for DJI Mic 2 transmitter and recording volume performance.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
        1. Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.2
         2. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
         3. Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview:

Date: 2024.01.10
Firmware Version: v01.03.08.20
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.6
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
  • Improved the stability of transmission with DJI Mic 2 transmitter.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.2
  • Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview

• Date: 2023.12.12
  • Firmware Version: v01.03.07.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
  • Added support for connecting to DJI Mic 2 Transmitter via Bluetooth. (Only one DJI Mic 2 transmitter can be connected.)
  • Increased the beep volume when a video recording is started.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
  • 1. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
  • a) Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-action-4/downloads).
  • b) Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.
  • c) Place the downloaded firmware update package .bin file under the root directory for the transmitter.
  • d) The transmitter firmware updates will start automatically after disconnecting the transmitter from the computer. During the transmitter updating process, the system status LED will flash red and green. After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.

• 2. If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • a) Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
  • b) Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • c) Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Overview:

• Date: 2023.11.23
  • Firmware Version: v01.03.05.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • 1.    Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.2
  • 2.    Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • 3.    Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.10.18
  • Firmware Version: v01.02.07.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.10.8
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.10.8

What’s New
  • Added support for using with Osmo Action 3.5mm Audio Adapter.
  • Optimized stability for Wi-Fi livestream.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
  • Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
  • Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
  • Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview

• Date: 2023.09.07
  • Firmware Version: v01.02.06.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.10.4
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.10.4

What’s New
  • Added Pre-Rec in Video shooting mode. When enabled, the camera will pre-record footage within the set time duration. 5s/10s/15s/30s/60s are supported. Once the Shutter/Record button is pressed, the camera will save the latest pre-recorded footage before pressing the Shutter/Record button and keep recording, then save the footage as a whole video.
  • Added Highlight function. Users can press once on the Quick Switch button of the camera or the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller to mark a highlight when recording, and tap once on the icon to mark a highlight when playing back the video. This function helps users quickly locate specific moments during post-editing, reducing the time to find highlights.
  • Added High option for Wind Noise Reduction, helping effectively suppress wind noise (Only available for 1080p videos).
  • Optimized the skin tone performance in Portrait mode for Image Adjustment.
  • Optimized the stabilization in the cycling scenario.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
      1. Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
      2. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
      3. Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

2023-9-7
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Where can the selection for Pre-Rec in Video shooting mode be found?
2023-9-7
Use props
argofowl
lvl.2

Lithuania

Just FYI the update factory reset my Action 4 and I lost all 5 of my custom modes! Thankfully I have a video where I documented all my settings for best footage.
2023-9-7
Use props
argofowl
lvl.2

Lithuania

update: the latency and stability of the preview in Mimo iPhone app got waaaaaaay better too!
2023-9-7
Use props
argofowl
lvl.2

Lithuania

Shame that the "high" wind reduction setting only works in 1080...
2023-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you Team: keep the updates coming

2023-9-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Would be nice if you were able to actually buy the GPS Remote. It is never in stock.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 9-7 08:32
Would be nice if you were able to actually buy the GPS Remote. It is never in stock.

Yes, I've been waiting on the gps remote for a long time now myself. When I started to do the update, mimo presented me the opportunity to take a survey. Accessory availability received a 1 from me and heavy scathing that the accessories that most people are waiting for is never in stock.
2023-9-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-7 09:00
Yes, I've been waiting on the gps remote for a long time now myself. When I started to do the update, mimo presented me the opportunity to take a survey. Accessory availability received a 1 from me and heavy scathing that the accessories that most people are waiting for is never in stock.

It was pricier there, but I ordered one from Amazon on 8/24 and received it 9/2 (10 days earlier than the estimated date). It was shipped from China. Works great.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 9-7 10:14
It was pricier there, but I ordered one from Amazon on 8/24 and received it 9/2 (10 days earlier than the estimated date). It was shipped from China. Works great.

I've seen those on Amazon. Made me wonder if DJI was side selling them for a bigger markup or something. So I chose not to go that route. I even asked at B&H photo and they have no idea when they will come in stock but are listed on their site as purchasable as a "pre-order"
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

And I'm still waiting for an extra battery. No shops in Norway have had any in stock since March. And I didn't order back then since I had plans to wait closer to summer, and now summer is over

Another thing, why isn't my activated OA4 show up on my profile here on forum like it does on most others? Have it registered with the same account and everything in app.

2023-9-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-7 10:29
I've seen those on Amazon. Made me wonder if DJI was side selling them for a bigger markup or something. So I chose not to go that route. I even asked at B&H photo and they have no idea when they will come in stock but are listed on their site as purchasable as a "pre-order"

It is the real product. It came in a sealed DJI box, had the glass and back covering on it, went through the code activation on the Mimo app, and works great. There is definitely the markup but I knew that and was willing to eat it.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 10:34
And I'm still waiting for an extra battery. No shops in Norway have had any in stock since March. And I didn't order back then since I had plans to wait closer to summer, and now summer is over

Another thing, why isn't my activated OA4 show up on my profile here on forum like it does on most others? Have it registered with the same account and everything in app.

Thats why I got the adventure combo. When I ordered the OA4, I saw the GPS remote was listed as backordered and so were the extra batteries so I went ahead with the adventure combo.

I had to ask a DJI admin to straighten out the OA4 and Air 3 icons on my profile. They showed up on mine after I asked them to look into it.
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JodyB Posted at 9-7 10:44
Thats why I got the adventure combo. When I ordered the OA4, I saw the GPS remote was listed as backordered and so were the extra batteries so I went ahead with the adventure combo.

I had to ask a DJI admin to straighten out the OA4 and Air 3 icons on my profile. They showed up on mine after I asked them to look into it.

Since I had 2 selfie sticks (insta360) I didn't order the adventure combo, but wish I had to get more batteries. But I did actually order 2 units of OA4, the second is still not unwrapped.

Thanks I have to ask them about it.
2023-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

this site is not up to date @ mention  there are nonne so I do not worry
2023-9-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 10:47
Since I had 2 selfie sticks (insta360) I didn't order the adventure combo, but wish I had to get more batteries. But I did actually order 2 units of OA4, the second is still not unwrapped.

Thanks I have to ask them about it.

I was the same - had selfie sticks but wanted the batteries & charge case so I ordered the combo. Turns out that the DJI selfie stick is nicer/sturdier that my other sticks.
2023-9-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

@dji

the Omni-Directional is still Missing. hope to see that added to the next firmare
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DaveSp Posted at 9-7 10:51
I was the same - had selfie sticks but wanted the batteries & charge case so I ordered the combo. Turns out that the DJI selfie stick is nicer/sturdier that my other sticks.

The carge case with extra batteries would be great to have indeed.
hehe only time I actually use selfie sticks is to put the camera in deep snow to be able to stand by itself while I make snow plowing videos. And with deeper snow I just erect the length of the stick.
2023-9-7
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can I ask …… does the Mimo app self update itself or do we have to continually check to see if the version we have is out of date? For some reason, I may have had an older version on my IPad and the update didn’t show until I downloaded the latest version.

When I checked, the word 'update' was under the app, not download so I'm guessing mine was an older version but the IPad hadn't updated it.

2023-9-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 10:58
The carge case with extra batteries would be great to have indeed.
hehe only time I actually use selfie sticks is to put the camera in deep snow to be able to stand by itself while I make snow plowing videos. And with deeper snow I just erect the length of the stick.

Yeah, I never do selfies. My selfie sticks are solely used as extensions or longer handles when needed/wanted.
2023-9-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-7 10:59
Can I ask …… does the Mimo app self update itself or do we have to continually check to see if the version we have is out of date? For some reason, I may have had an older version on my IPad and the update didn’t show until I downloaded the latest version.

When I checked, the word 'update' was under the app, not download so I'm guessing mine was an older version but the IPad hadn't updated it.

I believe it auto updates but I always do the check for updates and install all and pick it up there.
2023-9-7
Use props
Curlew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139239 ft
United Kingdom

argofowl Posted at 9-7 05:46
Just FYI the update factory reset my Action 4 and I lost all 5 of my custom modes! Thankfully I have a video where I documented all my settings for best footage.

I’d not made a record of mine
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-7 10:59
Can I ask …… does the Mimo app self update itself or do we have to continually check to see if the version we have is out of date? For some reason, I may have had an older version on my IPad and the update didn’t show until I downloaded the latest version.

On ios devices, if you open the app store, tap your picture or whatever you have to represent your apple ID in the upper right hand corner, then drag the screen down, it should scan for updates and show up under upcoming updates or upcoming automatic updates if you have automatic updates turned on. Then you can select individually which update you want or if there are multiple updates to apps, select update all.
2023-9-7
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-7 11:33
On ios devices, if you open the app store, tap your picture or whatever you have to represent your apple ID in the upper right hand corner, then drag the screen down, it should scan for updates and show up under upcoming updates or upcoming automatic updates if you have automatic updates turned on. Then you can select individually which update you want or if there are multiple updates to apps, select update all.

Thanks Jody. I had no idea that it was out of date!
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DaveSp Posted at 9-7 11:05
Yeah, I never do selfies. My selfie sticks are solely used as extensions or longer handles when needed/wanted.

Actually the selfie stick have so many uses for creativity videos. So if you are making content for publishing it can be used for sticking the camera places you would never reach.
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-7 12:59
Thanks Jody. I had no idea that it was out of date!

No worries, glad to help!!
2023-9-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-7 13:26
Actually the selfie stick have so many uses for creativity videos. So if you are making content for publishing it can be used for sticking the camera places you would never reach.

They work so good for when you’re forced to be creative with no one to volunteer as the camera man that’s for sure!! Selfie sticks, tripods, parachute cord, I’ve used a lot of things to help get things done with filming!!
2023-9-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

JodyB Posted at 9-7 17:13
They work so good for when you’re forced to me creative with no one to volunteer as the camera man that’s for sure!! Selfie sticks, tripods, parachute cord, I’ve used a lot of things to help get things done with filming!!

Yeah there is a lot of uses
2023-9-7
Use props
bausch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470866 ft
Germany

hey  the rtmp stream does not work with action 4... is it being worked on? because otherwise i have to return the cam unfortunately
2023-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

usb OTG to pc now  lowers the screen and SHUTS off the screen.
2023-9-8
Use props
doke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52113 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Can anyone help me?
I can't update my "Action 4" to the last version mentionet on this thread.
I have version 90.00.00.10 and when I connect to the app there is no way to update it. No notification.
I have the latest version of the Mimo app and I have also tried with different devices both Android and ios, but no luck.
Any tips to try? Someone else with the same problem?
Thank you in advance for your support.
2023-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Possibly wrong firmware on the camera can you offer more of that firmware why its on your camera etc..
2023-9-8
Use props
doke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52113 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Fishycomics Posted at 9-8 09:34
Possibly wrong firmware on the camera can you offer more of that firmware why its on your camera etc..

That's a good question! I have no idea. I just got a brand new Action 4 and found this fw inside.
2023-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

doke Posted at 9-8 10:32
That's a good question! I have no idea. I just got a brand new Action 4 and found this fw inside.

then that sounds like a regional or beta version I get with DJI try their chat at services
2023-9-8
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

Anyone know how the highlights show up?  Is it only in the Mimo app?
2023-9-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For me its useless when they never fixed the ongoing Mimo app playback for   Iphone devices that may not be up to date like an iphone 12 so yeah its the mimo app only
2023-9-8
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Highlights show up when using the playback function on the OA4.  Haven't tried during record yet.
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_a21EPWKegASl
lvl.1

United States

A couple of things.. This post lists newest Mimo app version as v1.10.4. I'm still on v1.10.2 (Android). The "check for updates" button within the app goes to a web page with .apk downloads, but still only shows v1.10.2 as being available. What am I missing here?

Also, the wind noise reduction is a huge improvement. I use my action 4 to record my motorcycle rides & so far the wind noise is my biggest complaint, & not the most simple problem to fix. But I'm super disappointed the new high wind mode is only available in 1080p.

Can we expect a future update to potentially allow this feature in 4k as well, or is there a processing power limitation with the camera, or some other issue that prevents this from being possible? I've been searching for some solution to this issue, but sacrificing 4k for it isn't that solution...
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_a21EPWKegASl
lvl.1

United States

Accidental double post. Can't see any way to delete.. Apologies.
2023-9-8
Use props
SCORPiON5150
lvl.1

United States

argofowl Posted at 9-7 05:58
Shame that the "high" wind reduction setting only works in 1080...

Agreed. Huge bummer as the wind noise with motorcycle use is my biggest disappointment with the camera so far. Hopefully 4k gets unlocked in a future update but I'm imagining the processing power required might make it impossible sadly.
2023-9-8
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules