New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (03/27/2024)
42505 355 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qAqIu69eDsa6
New

Canada

I can no longer record route and speed using the gps remote. Please help.

On a separate note, is it possible to process GPS data on desktop/laptop computer. Using a smartphone app to do this processing really adds to workflow. Please create a dedicated app like insta360 to process gps overlay data. Thanks!
2023-9-10
Use props
rocrachame
lvl.2

Poland

• Optimized the stabilization in the cycling scenario.

Can you explain more precisely what this means?

2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Visual Air Posted at 9-7 08:32
Would be nice if you were able to actually buy the GPS Remote. It is never in stock.

Hi, Visual Air. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is currently out of stock in the DJI Store but you may click the "Notify Me" button to be notified first. Thank you for your understanding and support. If you need the Remote as soon as possible, you might want to consider ordering it from our official Amazon Store. Please check it here. Hope this helps.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ronj Posted at 9-8 14:03
Anyone know how the highlights show up?  Is it only in the Mimo app?

Hi, ronj. Thank you for reaching out. When recording starts, press the Quick Switch Button on the camera or Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller, and a yellow tick “√” will appear in the middle of the camera touchscreen to prompt that one highlight has been marked.

In the Playback interface, the “Highlights” on the progress bar below will be displayed as yellow rhombuses. You may add (yellow) or delete (white) highlights.

* If the Quick Switch Button is not pressed throughout recording, highlights can also be added during playback.

Hope this helps.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rocrachame Posted at 9-11 01:23
  • Optimized the stabilization in the cycling scenario.

Can you explain more precisely what this means?

• Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It means the stabilization is better than before in the cycling scene. Have a great day ahead.
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    rocrachame
    lvl.2

Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 9-11 03:34
    Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It means the stabilization is better than before in the cycling scene. Have a great day ahead.

I don't know if this is a question for you or someone else: Can DJI provide before and after comparison footage of such fixes?
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    wim103
    lvl.3

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 9-11 03:34
    Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It means the stabilization is better than before in the cycling scene. Have a great day ahead.

But what do you mean: Rocksteady or Rocksteady+ of Horizon balancing, etc.
    What is the preferred stabilisation for cycling where the Action 4 is mounted on the handlebar.
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

rocrachame Posted at 9-11 03:44
    I don't know if this is a question for you or someone else: Can DJI provide before and after comparison footage of such fixes?

they  taken away the Firmwares so for us to  do comparisons b4 and after is no more
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

DJI as you have  somehow need to watch and correct please share to your chairman how good and or bad things just went

2023-9-11
    Use props
    rocrachame
    lvl.2

Poland

Fishycomics Posted at 9-11 04:42
    they  taken away the Firmwares so for us to  do comparisons b4 and after is no more

I understand that ordinary users cannot make such a comparison, but DJI is able to make a comparison on an earlier stable version of the software and on a release candidate version - just before the update is released
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

rocrachame Posted at 9-11 06:12
    I understand that ordinary users cannot make such a comparison, but DJI is able to make a comparison on an earlier stable version of the software and on a release candidate version - just before the update is released

we came from this to that, doubt they want to show   that it may  not work out in their best way if asked . they are about the latest  that they still can not do straight
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    Hallmark007
    Captain
    Flight distance : 9827923 ft
    • >>>
    Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-7 10:59
    Can I ask …… does the Mimo app self update itself or do we have to continually check to see if the version we have is out of date? For some reason, I may have had an older version on my IPad and the update didn’t show until I downloaded the latest version.

When I checked, the word 'update' was under the app, not download so I'm guessing mine was an older version but the IPad hadn't updated it.

All you apps will auto update , so long as you set your device to auto update .
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    Soundtweaker
    New

United States

After the prompt "Start Recording" Voice control gets disabled in 4K 16:9 60FPS+. Error message confirms this.
    2023-9-11
    Use props
    DJI Tony
    Administrator

wim103 Posted at 9-11 04:30
    But what do you mean: Rocksteady or Rocksteady+ of Horizon balancing, etc.
    What is the preferred stabilisation for cycling where the Action 4 is mounted on the handlebar.

Hi there. Sorry about the confusion. This is a general optimization and it works for all the stabilization so it depends on your preferences. If you're experiencing any issues, please tell us. Have a great day ahead.
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

2023-9-12
    Use props
    argofowl
    lvl.2

United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-7 10:59
    Can I ask …… does the Mimo app self update itself or do we have to continually check to see if the version we have is out of date? For some reason, I may have had an older version on my IPad and the update didn’t show until I downloaded the latest version.

When I checked, the word 'update' was under the app, not download so I'm guessing mine was an older version but the IPad hadn't updated it.

iPhone has a strange way of updating apps - even if you have auto-update enabled, Apple sometimes won't push the updates immediately so that developers have time to pull them back in case the update breaks things.
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    argofowl
    lvl.2

United States

This might be common sense but the highlights don't show up in Davinci Resolve, just in case you are wondering. Would have been so cool though.

Man I have sooo many ideas on how to make the Action 4 a true king in the action cam world (tbh it already is... GoPro's latest drop is shameful), DJI get in touch!
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    volkovguru
    lvl.1

Armenia

Hi all! Where in DJI MIMO is the button to install the camera update??? I don't see it in the Android app. Camera connected! Thank you.
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

SUggest looking in to the Profile and see   there.
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    Soundtweaker
    New

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 9-12 03:54
    https://youtu.be/iK8qi4VAvlo

Someone in the FB forums said the voice control error isn't a bug but that it keeps the camera from overheating in those modes. He said he saw it in the manual but can't seem to find it now. Seems like a bug to me.
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

Lets say Action 3 has this as well, so not a bug, just a setting they chose to disable.  iwas questioned and thought I just make the vid
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    jcody_parker
    lvl.2

United States

Why would high wind noise reduction only work in 1080p? Doesn't really make much sense as to why it's resolution limited
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    jcody_parker
    lvl.2

United States

Why would high wind noise reduction only work in 1080p? Doesn't really make much sense as to why it's resolution limited

Also the new update wiped all my custom presets -_-
    2023-9-12
    Use props
    arodir
    New

Germany

The update also wiped all my settings, including my presets. I noticed it immediately because it also reset the sound settings which I usually turned off.

Hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware updates.
    2023-9-13
    Use props
    ronj
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 208419 ft
    United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-11 03:19
    Hi, ronj. Thank you for reaching out. When recording starts, press the Quick Switch Button on the camera or Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller, and a yellow tick “√” will appear in the middle of the camera touchscreen to prompt that one highlight has been marked.

In the Playback interface, the “Highlights” on the progress bar below will be displayed as yellow rhombuses. You may add (yellow) or delete (white) highlights.

Interesting.  It would be great if there was a way to have these highlights show up in Davinci Resolve as markers!  At a minimum if there was a way to generate a CSV with the filename and SMPTE code and type for each marker so that we could even manually identify the marks associated with the footage would be great.  The ultimate goal is to identify where in the footage the marks are inside of an NLE (e.g. Davinci Resolve).
    2023-9-13
    Use props
    PankoGO
    lvl.3

Netherlands

SCORPiON5150 Posted at 9-8 17:10
    Agreed. Huge bummer as the wind noise with motorcycle use is my biggest disappointment with the camera so far. Hopefully 4k gets unlocked in a future update but I'm imagining the processing power required might make it impossible sadly.

Hoping for the best too!
    2023-9-13
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

ronj Posted at 9-13 05:23
    Interesting.  It would be great if there was a way to have these highlights show up in Davinci Resolve as markers!  At a minimum if there was a way to generate a CSV with the filename and SMPTE code and type for each marker so that we could even manually identify the marks associated with the footage would be great.  The ultimate goal is to identify where in the footage the marks are inside of an NLE (e.g. Davinci Resolve).

Hi, ronj. We'll take this as suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

argofowl Posted at 9-12 05:52
    This might be common sense but the highlights don't show up in Davinci Resolve, just in case you are wondering. Would have been so cool though.

Man I have sooo many ideas on how to make the Action 4 a true king in the action cam world (tbh it already is... GoPro's latest drop is shameful), DJI get in touch!

Hi, argofowl.  We'll take this as suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

volkovguru Posted at 9-12 08:19
    Hi all! Where in DJI MIMO is the button to install the camera update??? I don't see it in the Android app. Camera connected! Thank you.

Hi, volkovguru. Thank you for reaching out. When there is a firmware update and after the DJI Mimo app is connected, a corresponding update prompt will appear. Please follow the prompts on the app screen to update.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

arodir Posted at 9-13 00:22
    The update also wiped all my settings, including my presets. I noticed it immediately because it also reset the sound settings which I usually turned off.

Hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware updates.

Hi, arodir. Thank you for joining the thread. In theory, a firmware update on Action 4 will not reset the camera parameters but if you perform a factory reset manually, it will back to default mode which will delete the custom modes.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    DaveSp
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 6562 ft
    United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-16 08:52
    Hi, arodir. Thank you for joining the thread. In theory, a firmware update on Action 4 will not reset the camera parameters but if you perform a factory reset manually, it will back to default mode which will delete the custom modes.

Theory didn't work with this update. As with others here, it wiped my presets and I did not do a factory reset.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
    lvl.4
    • >>>
    France

DaveSp Posted at 9-16 09:04
    Theory didn't work with this update. As with others here, it wiped my presets and I did not do a factory reset.

Me too, all presets lost, sound activated, ....but led not on as i set it before upgrade.
    2023-9-16
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

DaveSp Posted at 9-16 09:04

Hi, DaveSp. You may provide us with the camera log for further checking.
    Export the logs from the Osmo Action Series:
    1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:
    2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
    3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect to Osmo Action 4 and a computer using a USB cable.
    4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 4 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 4 (internal storage).
    5. Please export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (Also check the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).

Please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
    2023-9-17
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 9-16 11:40
    Me too, all presets lost, sound activated, ....but led not on as i set it before upgrade.

Hi, Yanncd. You may also provide the camera log for us to further check. Please refer to the instructions above. Thank you.
    2023-9-17
    Use props
    DaveSp
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 6562 ft
    United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-17 08:00
    Hi, DaveSp. You may provide us with the camera log for further checking.
    Export the logs from the Osmo Action Series:
    1. Please reproduce the abnormal process:

Done. I sent you a PM with a Google Drive link. I don't know the exact time but it was close to when the update was made public.
    2023-9-17
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

DaveSp Posted at 9-17 08:34
    Done. I sent you a PM with a Google Drive link. I don't know the exact time but it was close to when the update was made public.

Thank you for your cooperation, DaveSp. We'll forward it to our relevant team and we'll keep you posted after the analysis.
    2023-9-18
    Use props
    djiuser_CPu9h3hS7fdN
    New

United States

I am unable to install this update. It gets to 50% and says it failed. Just received the camera today so pretty frustrating.EDIT: Turned the VPN off of phone and it worked
    2023-9-20
    Use props
    Reiner.
    lvl.4
    Germany

argofowl Posted at 9-7 05:46
    Just FYI the update factory reset my Action 4 and I lost all 5 of my custom modes! Thankfully I have a video where I documented all my settings for best footage.

Same - 2nd firmware update, 2nd time custom settings lost.

2023-9-24
    Use props
    djiuser_FFdNyINHyhEC
    New

Greece

Will pre record be availiable in dji osmo action 3???
    2023-9-30
    Use props
    Fishycomics
    First Officer
    United States

djiuser_FFdNyINHyhEC Posted at 9-30 00:39
    Will pre record be availiable in dji osmo action 3???

check the Official site but get many to request pre-record, may be the chip in the OA3 is different to  do this, or they  ate up their  kb to add in
    2023-9-30
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules