New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (03/27/2024)
42521 355 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got 10-bit color with the normal color profile too after the last firmware update.
IMG_2819.jpeg
2023-11-26
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Larello Posted at 11-24 13:01
Are both Normal and D-Log 10bit now or am I crazy? I think before the update just D-Log showed the 10bit yellow box, but now both have it.

And I take advantage and ask a question, is filming timelapse always normal color mode? I cant see if more options are avaiable... i ask this because Im a noob, and this means whereas I record a normal video I have to apply the LUT on Lightcut, I wont need it on timelapse videos

I think you need to set to HEVC format rather than H264 and in those modes which only allow HEVC like FPS higher than 30 for HEVC to automatically kick in before you see the Normal 10 bit option. Otherwise, it's just Normal & D-Log M 10 bit.
I had wanted to create a cheat sheet, but the different settings' combination/ permutations are quite complex, like horizon balancing will disable Pro mode's low light image enhancement for 4K/25fps. Low light image enhancement is also deactivated with faster FPS > 30.
2023-11-26
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

I am hoping we have a firmware update to increase the stills/ photo resolution from 10MP to 48 MP....which is already existing in other DJI products...I assume DJI is using the same 1/1/3" 48MP image sensor in Osmo Action 4.
Addtional color profiles e.g. natural, cinematic..like the ones in Insta360 Ace Pro will be great.

One more important feedback is on the DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3, I can no longer get the correct video orientation while the phone is held vertical.  The live video will be rotated 90 degrees. Can DJI fix this bug? I am using my phone as a remote so it's a bit troublesome to have the phone on it's horizontal just to view the video properly.

Thanks!
2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_Sgr7TBoAusAc
lvl.1

Czechia

Opět nepřidaná češtině!!! Si to nekoupím, až tam bude.
2023-11-27
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

FfoSuy Posted at 11-26 21:53
I am hoping we have a firmware update to increase the stills/ photo resolution from 10MP to 48 MP....which is already existing in other DJI products...I assume DJI is using the same 1/1/3" 48MP image sensor in Osmo Action 4.
Addtional color profiles e.g. natural, cinematic..like the ones in Insta360 Ace Pro will be great.

This would be a dream but let's be real here, they artifically reduce what this camera-hardware could provide to keep you buying the next one next year.

I mean, nearly every manufacturer does it this way, but I feel that the OA series could provide many many more features without a hassle and DJI just soft-locks it.... Such a shame.
2023-11-27
Use props
Marcus67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5852530 ft
Canada

Anonymous1 Posted at 11-26 09:49
Thank you for confirming that the issue is still not fixed in this firmware.  I could confirm the same when I did the same last night.   I still disagree with it being a hardware limitation.  It just means that the 6 axes aren't being recorded (in the camera correctly).   A workaround could applied if we knew the correct XYZ IMU calibrations settings to enter in GyroFlow.   We would have to work with the GyroFlow team instead to show them the "problem" with sample footage, and they play around and provide the result or profile to fix it.

I already posted in gyroflow forums. They say it’s not gyroflow. And if you look closely at the gyro data from the A4, it seems weird compared to gopro or the Avata gyro data
2023-11-27
Use props
Marcus67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5852530 ft
Canada

Mizzu Posted at 11-27 07:51
This would be a dream but let's be real here, they artifically reduce what this camera-hardware could provide to keep you buying the next one next year.

I mean, nearly every manufacturer does it this way, but I feel that the OA series could provide many many more features without a hassle and DJI just soft-locks it.... Such a shame.

Takes more space and hardly noticeable improvements from what I seen
2023-11-27
Use props
FfoSuy
lvl.3

Singapore

Mizzu Posted at 11-27 07:51

48MP is really a deal breaker....I mean you have the DJI mini-Pro 3 &  Insta360 Ace Pro which uses the same 48MP 1/1.3" sensor and utilizes the max resolution for stills. So why not Action4? This does not make sense, unless the hardware is limiting it for some reason (for cost down). I'll probably jump ship to Insta360 after my planned vacation trip, as I just got the Action 4, along with additional quick release mounts, so to invest in another one is just too much for now. In any case, OEM options for the Ace Pro is also limited for now, so it's best to wait until the product stabilizes in the market, where we have more options with accessories from 3rd party manufacturers. Just my 2 cents worth.
2023-11-27
Use props
LifeUnit
lvl.2
Russia

Why does the 10bit icon light up in normal mode? After all, he shoots in 8bit anyway. Bag???
2023-11-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I just had to

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_C1T5FXKDB8

2023-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

two things that do not work right

one is the LOCK the other is ZOOM see video

2023-11-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

heres the LOCK vid

2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_6qTAguLfCJTc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178881 ft
Denmark

The update just caused me to lose all 5 of my custom presets!!! This kind of stuff can make me want to recommend AGAINST buying a specific product!
2023-11-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so the next update they do they shoud say Please write down your settings, it will not save
2023-11-29
Use props
djiuser_oNOd1bbCyZb4
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi all, I just did the update. And maybe it's not an issue and a feature that I'm not aware of but after the update, every time I shutdown the camera, it takes a couple of seconds before it automatically turns itself on and start auto recording as well. Mimicking the instant record feature when you click the record button instead of the QS button to turn it on.

Can anybody confirm if it's a feature or just a bug in the new firmware? If it's a bug, I need to downgrade the firmware because it's unusable. It keeps turning itself on, no matter what and how I stop the recording and shut it down.
2023-12-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_oNOd1bbCyZb4 Posted at 12-2 11:37
Hi all, I just did the update. And maybe it's not an issue and a feature that I'm not aware of but after the update, every time I shutdown the camera, it takes a couple of seconds before it automatically turns itself on and start auto recording as well. Mimicking the instant record feature when you click the record button instead of the QS button to turn it on.

Can anybody confirm if it's a feature or just a bug in the new firmware? If it's a bug, I need to downgrade the firmware because it's unusable. It keeps turning itself on, no matter what and how I stop the recording and shut it down.

Mode on/off turns on  & off the camera

Shutter record, first time turns on the camera in 5 plus econds, then press again shuts down the camera in a 3 second timer, then  press again turns on the camera within 1.2 seconds,

so when you shut down the camera by how, and it turns on????? question) could you explain?  to me now I re-read sounds like its  in a reboot,

DJI  will not allow downgrading,  you are best to get with DJI repair cinic they are the relevent team.
2023-12-3
Use props
oNOd1bbCyZb4
lvl.1
Belgium

Fishycomics Posted at 12-3 04:01
Mode on/off turns on  & off the camera

Shutter record, first time turns on the camera in 5 plus econds, then press again shuts down the camera in a 3 second timer, then  press again turns on the camera within 1.2 seconds,

I will try to explain it in steps as it's important to follow probably.

1) Insert battery => nothing happens
2) Turn it on with QS button => it turns on
3) Turn it off with QS button => it turns off
4) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on
5) Turn it off with QS button => it turns off
6) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on

If the option "SnapShot" is enabled, when it turns itself on, it also starts recording. When the "SnapShot" setting is disabled, it just turns on without automatically recording.

Also, the other way of starting:
2) Turn it on with Shutter/Record button => it turns on and starts recording
3) Turn it off with Shutter/Record button => it stops recording and it turns off
4) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on and starts recording
5) Turn it off with Shutter/Record button button => it stops recording and it turns off
6) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on and  starts recording

I contacted DJI by chat yesterday but they could not help me. So basically it's a paper weight now.

What I find the strangest in this case is that I can not find any similar situation on the internet where somebody experienced the same.
2023-12-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

oNOd1bbCyZb4 Posted at 12-3 09:12
I will try to explain it in steps as it's important to follow probably.

so  it basically comes on after its off.   DJI should replace without a blink of an EYE
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_oNOd1bbCyZb4 Posted at 12-2 11:37
Hi all, I just did the update. And maybe it's not an issue and a feature that I'm not aware of but after the update, every time I shutdown the camera, it takes a couple of seconds before it automatically turns itself on and start auto recording as well. Mimicking the instant record feature when you click the record button instead of the QS button to turn it on.

Can anybody confirm if it's a feature or just a bug in the new firmware? If it's a bug, I need to downgrade the firmware because it's unusable. It keeps turning itself on, no matter what and how I stop the recording and shut it down.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may have caused you. Would it be possible if you could share a short video showing the phenomenon? You may consider using Google Drive or Dropbox to upload the video and provide the link here. I look forward to hearing from you.
2023-12-4
Use props
SciInquiry
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-4 03:34
Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may have caused you. Would it be possible if you could share a short video showing the phenomenon? You may consider using Google Drive or Dropbox to upload the video and provide the link here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sorry but the steps explained at post #177 should be enough to explain my issue. Which is btw still happening... I got this paperweight for more than a week now. Is this the quality DJI stands for?

You should, ASAP, allow people to downgrade to older firmware if stuff like this happens. What can I do now? Just wait for you guys to bring out a new firmware!?
I see that you only bring out a firmware each month, but sometimes also 2 months. Do I need to wait another 2-3 weeks before I can use this camera?
2023-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SciInquiry Posted at 12-10 09:29
Sorry but the steps explained at post #177 should be enough to explain my issue. Which is btw still happening... I got this paperweight for more than a week now. Is this the quality DJI stands for?

You should, ASAP, allow people to downgrade to older firmware if stuff like this happens. What can I do now? Just wait for you guys to bring out a new firmware!?

Get with the chat of DJI repair,   this is a community forum they only can direct and not fix issues online.    open a repair report at DJI repair
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SciInquiry Posted at 12-10 09:29

Hi, there. While we understand that you've provided comprehensive details regarding your concerns, we would like to have a video for us to coordinate with our relevant team as you've mentioned that this happens after the update.
2023-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-10 22:50
Hi, there. While we understand that you've provided comprehensive details regarding your concerns, we would like to have a video for us to coordinate with our relevant team as you've mentioned that this happens after the update.

Lets ask, should you not  offer a repair service for free under warranty, and why not direct , but request a  video, their camera is   out of service, that is not god enough  to get  them a repair, that is worse then a gopro rep if asked
the camera has a warranty, suggest get the camera to their clinic for a repair,  they can not even offer a downloadable firmware anymore,  oh I am sure the box says  like a rc product  open the box, warranty voided
2023-12-11
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

It is refreshing to see DJI release a firmware update that isn't only about "Minor bug fixes".  I didn't lose my presets after the update, so DJI did something good there.  The recording beep volume increase may be too loud for me in some circumstances where I'd rather be inconspicuous in recording nature with animals.

I'm interested in coming across someone with the Mic 2, so I can "try before I buy"
2023-12-12
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152569 ft
United Kingdom

Just installed the latest firmware update - 01.03.07.10.  On this occasion all my custom modes (C1, C2, C3, etc) were preserved after installing the new firmware.  Thanks DJI for fixing the bug
2023-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Did the Dimming get  a switch  then  coming back to find the camera Hot after left on by DJIs negligence
2023-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Overview
Date: 2023.12.12
Firmware Version: v01.03.07.10
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
Added support for connecting to DJI Mic 2 Transmitter via Bluetooth. (Only one DJI Mic 2 transmitter can be connected.)
Increased the beep volume when a video recording is started.
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
1. Connect the DJI Mic 2 transmitter to a computer to update the firmware. Follow the steps below to update:
a) Download firmware v04.02.01.13 or later from the official DJI website (https://www.dji.com/cn/osmo-action-4/downloads).
b) Make sure the transmitter is powered on. Connect the transmitter to a computer using the UCB-C cable.
c) Place the downloaded firmware update package .bin file under the root directory for the transmitter.
d) The transmitter firmware updates will start automatically after disconnecting the transmitter from the computer. During the transmitter updating process, the system status LED will flash red and green. After the firmware update is complete, check the firmware version on a camera to ensure the firmware has been updated successfully.

2. If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
a) Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
b) Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
c) Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview:
Date: 2023.11.23
Firmware Version: v01.03.05.10
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.3
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
1.    Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.2
2.    Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
3.    Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Overview:
Date: 2023.10.18
Firmware Version: v01.02.07.10
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.10.8
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.10.8

What’s New
Added support for using with Osmo Action 3.5mm Audio Adapter.
Optimized stability for Wi-Fi livestream.
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.

Overview
Date: 2023.09.07
Firmware Version: v01.02.06.10
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.10.4
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.10.4

What’s New
Added Pre-Rec in Video shooting mode. When enabled, the camera will pre-record footage within the set time duration. 5s/10s/15s/30s/60s are supported. Once the Shutter/Record button is pressed, the camera will save the latest pre-recorded footage before pressing the Shutter/Record button and keep recording, then save the footage as a whole video.
Added Highlight function. Users can press once on the Quick Switch button of the camera or the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller to mark a highlight when recording, and tap once on the icon to mark a highlight when playing back the video. This function helps users quickly locate specific moments during post-editing, reducing the time to find highlights.
Added High option for Wind Noise Reduction, helping effectively suppress wind noise (Only available for 1080p videos).
Optimized the skin tone performance in Portrait mode for Image Adjustment.
Optimized the stabilization in the cycling scenario.
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes
      1. Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.
      2. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
      3. Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
2023-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

thank you for the conituned  firmwares   was not the audio  record loud enough, but did you correct he Dim as  we continued to ask?
2023-12-13
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

*sigh*
80% Minor Bugs again.
Thanks anyways.
2023-12-14
Use props
fans2770df81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4907096 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Do You plan to add Mic 2 wireless support to Osmo Action 3?
Any OA3 hardware issues not to do so?
Thanks.
2023-12-14
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's nice to have Mic2 compatibility but not much use when we still can't buy it without a pocket 3 attached for over £600
2023-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally agree on that
2023-12-14
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

Again "Fixed some minor bugs." ? guys.... shame on you
2023-12-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI asked me if htey can do anything for me, just ask.

Again  theOTG and camera on times out to a black standbyscreen. fix it to an enable/disable switch.  you do not leave the car running 24-7-365  this is  the same as getting in to a car and you find it stuck  on standby wit ha push button
2023-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SO DJI gopro got renaming,    some people simply  asked and they did it, now its Your turn to offer us renaming, or is that toooooooooooooo simple to do
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2EMFNTiIVsUX
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

interlan mic pocket 3 (up) vs action 4 (down).
as i wrote weeks ago, internal mic in action 4 is too sensitive, and we need microphone gain adjustment
1000005515.jpg
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 12-11 04:33
Lets ask, should you not  offer a repair service for free under warranty, and why not direct , but request a  video, their camera is   out of service, that is not god enough  to get  them a repair, that is worse then a gopro rep if asked
the camera has a warranty, suggest get the camera to their clinic for a repair,  they can not even offer a downloadable firmware anymore,  oh I am sure the box says  like a rc product  open the box, warranty voided

Thank you for your input. We completely understand your point. However, we aim to provide efficient and convenient solutions to our valued users. We will attempt to resolve the situation remotely and avoid sending the product for repair/replacement, as we understand that this may take time and other users may not be able to send it due to important matters. Nonetheless, if the situation is proven that it can't be rectified remotely, then the user will be advised to send the product for repair/replacement depending on the situation. The case will be handled according to the warranty service and the result of the damage assessment.  I hope this answers your query.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Anonymous1 Posted at 12-12 22:06
It is refreshing to see DJI release a firmware update that isn't only about "Minor bug fixes".  I didn't lose my presets after the update, so DJI did something good there.  The recording beep volume increase may be too loud for me in some circumstances where I'd rather be inconspicuous in recording nature with animals.

Thank you for your feedback. We will communicate your concern with our relevant team. We hope you get the feedback that you need.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Steph Jant Posted at 12-13 00:43
Just installed the latest firmware update - 01.03.07.10.  On this occasion all my custom modes (C1, C2, C3, etc) were preserved after installing the new firmware.  Thanks DJI for fixing the bug

Hello, there. We do appreciate your time to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 12-13 08:52
thank you for the conituned  firmwares   was not the audio  record loud enough, but did you correct he Dim as  we continued to ask?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm if you have a sample video showing the problem?
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules