New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (03/27/2024)
42538 355 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Overview:
Date: 2024.01.10
Firmware Version: v01.03.08.20
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.11.6
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.11.2

What’s New
Improved the stability of transmission with DJI Mic 2 transmitter.
Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
If the update fails, follow the steps for troubleshooting.
Restart Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mimo.2
Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the mobile device.
Connect Osmo Action 4 to DJI Mimo and try the update again.
Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

thhis is the latest update  just released to fix the last update recently released,  

ONE topic for all firmwares now
1-11 04:07
Use props
Fabio Feyh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6246378 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 02:34
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm the model of your mobile device and the DJI Mimo app version? Please make sure to download the latest app via this link. If the problem persists, kindly keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the app, I've even tried it with iOS and Android.

My version of the camera is the one sent for review, Display Unit.

I did not receive update notice for the previous firmware or the latest one. The print I sent has the version installed on the camera.

Thanks
1-11 11:31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

they do not cover "review cameras" what they said
1-11 13:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fabio Feyh Posted at 1-11 11:31
Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the app, I've even tried it with iOS and Android.

Hello, there. Thank you for your prompt response. I've sent you a direct message for further checking on your unit.
1-13 03:25
Use props
Alberrr
New
Spain

Hello. I would like to make a suggestion for an upcoming firmware update: it would be very interesting if Bluetooth sound were implemented, with AirPods-type headphones or similar, both as an external microphone and to be able to use the voice assistant. Just as the Gopro Hero 12 has it implemented.
1-16 07:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alberrr Posted at 1-16 07:30
Hello. I would like to make a suggestion for an upcoming firmware update: it would be very interesting if Bluetooth sound were implemented, with AirPods-type headphones or similar, both as an external microphone and to be able to use the voice assistant. Just as the Gopro Hero 12 has it implemented.

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your idea with us. Rest assured that your suggestions will be taken into consideration. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
1-17 01:35
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Andreas Dueck Posted at 1-11 01:21
Unfortunately I don't have time for that at the moment, but it was important to me to point out that there is a problem as early as possible.

I understand, but great that people will know
1-17 03:04
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

Edit: I found the Problem, it was me...

[I noticed something else that no longer works like it did before. The Bluetooth connection between Osmo Action 4 and DJI Mic 2 is disconnected as soon as I turn on noise cancellation. The setting is also missing in the Osmo Action 4 menu. In addition, the Osmo Action 4 has now freezed a few times when I switch the microphone on and off.]
1-17 12:39
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For me I chosen not to load the  firmware,  up due to no promises  IMHO
1-17 13:18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Man I had to find out some info about DJI through a competitors site,  and  offically here its just on no announcement, must have missed it. so Yeh I may be UPDATING firmware
1-18 07:32
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Loaded up, b/c I  got the DJI mic 2, and first thing on vid you see the  scroll skip down the screen fast.     Issue is by the time I read the   screen it  LOWERED,

EITHER

Raise the time  to one FULL minute then lower not SECONDS in WHY on earth  is the screen dimming when NO ONE reportred Burns, taken one persons request, to do this  that NO ONE ASKED  FOR!!!!!!!!!!

DJI fix your camera  in the next firmware, you just fixed a bug days later of a latest release, so it can be done if asked!!!!!!!!
1-19 04:09
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

One of the promises by DJI was they fixed the   reset settings, they did no such thing the camera went back to default when updated
1-20 04:21
Use props
sebchang
lvl.1

France

Hi, in the camera "info" menu, I see 2 different firmware versions
1) firmware version = 01.03.08.20 which is the expected value since I just upgraded to the last firmware
2) firmware camera version = 10.00.26.19

What is this second value ?
1-22 05:43
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

camera and firmware
1-22 08:35
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

What’s New Added cancel recording function. Users can press and hold the Shutter/Record button to cancel during recording. The footage will not be stored after cancelling, saving storage space. (This function is not available in Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Webcam Mode.) Optimized the recording

time will tell
1-31 05:00
Use props
fans0c6c1ced
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SCORPiON5150 Posted at 2023-9-8 17:10
Agreed. Huge bummer as the wind noise with motorcycle use is my biggest disappointment with the camera so far. Hopefully 4k gets unlocked in a future update but I'm imagining the processing power required might make it impossible sadly.

I am guessing the OA4 is buffering multiple frames to decide what is wind noise or not instead of trying to decide the noise for like one frame at a time... So  the 1080p limit may also relate to internal RAM  limitation as well...
2-4 06:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sebchang Posted at 1-22 05:43
Hi, in the camera "info" menu, I see 2 different firmware versions
1) firmware version = 01.03.08.20 which is the expected value since I just upgraded to the last firmware
2) firmware camera version = 10.00.26.19

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. When checking the firmware version, the device will show you the firmware of the actual device and the camera version. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-6 01:30
Use props
andywillett
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_6qTAguLfCJTc Posted at 2023-11-29 12:51
The update just caused me to lose all 5 of my custom presets!!! This kind of stuff can make me want to recommend AGAINST buying a specific product!

I found that really frustrating, being and upgrade is occasional, I don't see it as a big  issue. Too many good points in the camera! 10 bit in normal is just great.
2-16 13:54
Use props
djiuser_krcCXYHBcBsB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2566230 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, using my DJI Wireless Mic 1 attaching the RX to the USB-C of the Action 4, I have a lot of videos with high pitch noise audio which messes all the videos... this is not happening with my Osmo Action 3. Any suggestion?
2-17 03:27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI requests a sample,
what mic if extrnal,    other mic does it happen
2-19 04:02
Use props
Antun Novinc
lvl.1

Croatia

When will you introduce the ability to start, stop or pause recording on the camera screen and zoom to 2x on the screen with just one touch? Thank you!
2-21 04:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_krcCXYHBcBsB Posted at 2-17 03:27
Hi, using my DJI Wireless Mic 1 attaching the RX to the USB-C of the Action 4, I have a lot of videos with high pitch noise audio which messes all the videos... this is not happening with my Osmo Action 3. Any suggestion?

Hi, djiuser_krcCXYHBcBsB. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a sample video for us to further check? Also, please provide us with the firmware versions of the DJI Mic and Action 4 as well as a photo showing their connection. We will wait for your update. Thank you.
2-22 19:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Antun Novinc Posted at 2-21 04:32
When will you introduce the ability to start, stop or pause recording on the camera screen and zoom to 2x on the screen with just one touch? Thank you!

Hi, Antun Novinc. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Action 4 updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2-22 19:39
Use props
DBlackRider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 19:35
Hi, djiuser_krcCXYHBcBsB. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a sample video for us to further check? Also, please provide us with the firmware versions of the DJI Mic and Action 4 as well as a photo showing their connection. We will wait for your update. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply I decided to open a new topic dedicated to this issue. I will provide the info as soon as possible. Thanks

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3253104
2-23 03:43
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Not 100% if the issue is with the firmwarE for the OA4, or DJI mic 2 so as I use the DJIM2 it works as expected, so any issues I see will now be reported to the DJIOA4 side
2-23 05:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DBlackRider Posted at 2-23 03:43
Thanks for your reply I decided to open a new topic dedicated to this issue. I will provide the info as soon as possible. Thanks

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=307908&page=1#pid3253104

You're welcome, DBlackRider. The thread has been updated. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to ask.
2-26 01:37
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

NEw firmware coming the stickie is Dropped. they are soon to release by April of 2024
2-26 04:07
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I didn't face any issues with recording on 30fps and lower, so I'm curious what you changed there.

Again no quality of life improvements or new features, but hey, FINALLY AGAIN, MINOR BUGS!!! haha

This will become a Meme soon.

Jokes aside, thanks for working on Firmware Updates. ;)

3-29 02:26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

We're just happy they fix peoples issues, or should we say camera issues,
3-29 03:52
Use props
DBlackRider
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

Hello is there a way for the dji mic 2 to don't switch off automatically when it's not connected to any device??

I have the mic inside my motorcycle helmet, and I'm using DJI Action 4, no Receiver, only transmitter and camera. When I switched off for more than 15 minutes the camera, mic switches off automatically and this is a big mess due to the lack of have to stop, take out the helmet, take the mic, power back on... Start again...

It's very very uncomfortable and a very bad thing for video vlog creators like me...

Any option or comments? Much appreciated
3-29 05:28
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

After updating, it restores the device to factory settings - so deletes QS settings
3-29 06:37
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

DBlackRider Posted at 3-29 05:28
Hello is there a way for the dji mic 2 to don't switch off automatically when it's not connected to any device??

I have the mic inside my motorcycle helmet, and I'm using DJI Action 4, no Receiver, only transmitter and camera. When I switched off for more than 15 minutes the camera, mic switches off automatically and this is a big mess due to the lack of have to stop, take out the helmet, take the mic, power back on... Start again...

The latest update adds a new option to the Osmo Action 4 that allows you to turn off the transmitter's automatic shutdown.
3-29 11:15
Use props
Reiner.
lvl.4
Germany

Thevion Posted at 3-29 06:37
After updating, it restores the device to factory settings - so deletes QS settings

Again and again and again…
3-29 11:48
Use props
SpaceGhostC2C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67434 ft
United States

Larello Posted at 2023-12-21 03:20
Wow I just checked and the exact same thing happens. It can become a problem to be recording and accidentally cancel it when trying to turn on the screen or checking the time recorded... Even It can even be a problem for your battery life in some situations when you think your camera is off
Btw, great video and excellent effort on your part to show the problem. DJI should thank you

You can't recorded with the options screens up, being showed, it doesn't do this when its on the normal screen preview screen. You can swipe up and not make any selection when it is like this
3-29 12:33
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thevion Posted at 3-29 06:37

The same here. All the settings are gone!
3-29 13:51
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

"Optimized processing algorithm to significantly upgrade the image quality when recording video at 30 fps or lower."

Can some or have someone time to make a before and after? I'm really curious if they really improved the quality "significantly"
3-29 15:15
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

DaLyR Posted at 3-29 15:15
"Optimized processing algorithm to significantly upgrade the image quality when recording video at 30 fps or lower."

Can some or have someone time to make a before and after? I'm really curious if they really improved the quality "significantly"

Yes. This would be epic
I won't update until I saw some before and after shots. I don't trust DJI in "improving" the Picture Quality, because in the end it's just another artifical sharpening or denoising which makes the picture less "RAW"

I've read enough about their super picture improvements on the OA3 to dilute the whole wrong-focus-issue.....
3-29 21:17
Use props
Tanhy
lvl.2

Czechia

DaLyR Posted at 3-29 15:15

I did a small test before and after updating, DlogM, sharpness -2, denoise -1, 4K 4:3 25fps. Cant see much of a difference if any. Sharpness seems the same, shadows seem to have a bit more detail, but that could be due to different light conditions after 5 mins of updating..
Proper test would be great.
3-30 00:38
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
Poland

I think the difference will only be visible in a very dynamic and lit film.  I suspect that they increased the bitrate of low frame rate videos and instead of e.g. 80mbps it is 120mbps
3-30 01:10
Use props
djiuser_NxaIKDN0qwcW
lvl.1
Germany

I can't recommend the update when it comes to the pure image quality.
The image is now slightly denoised again and loses details.

How can I reset the firmware?
3-30 01:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules