Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BramC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3025636 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hallo,

Does anyone know if Smart return to home is enabled in the fly app?

I can't find this anywhere. Sometimes I work from a ship where my home point changes so I want to be able to switch this option off.

Gtz

2023-9-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't find this anywhere. Sometimes I work from a ship where my home point changes so I want to be able to switch this option off.

Smart RTH is a basic function baked into the firmware of the drone.
It's not something you can switch off.

It's not clear that you understand what Smart RTH is from your question.
Smart RTH is what happens when you press the RTH button to initiate RTH.

But all kinds of RTH (not just Smart RTH) would bring the drone back to whatever homepoint is stored. in the drone.
If you are concerned about moving away from the homepoint after it is recorded, you would need to reset the homepoint to prevent the drone in RTH from returning to where you launched from.
That's a simple thing to do it the app.

But when you record a homepoint or reset a homepoint, that stays where it was recorded or reset.
It does not follow you or the ship.

If you are on a moving ship, you should never use RTH to bring the drone back and land on the ship.
You would need to manually bring the drone in and hand catch ... something that's not easy and requires quite a bit of practice.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the DJI  Mavic 3 Pro supports Smart RTH. If the GNSS signal is sufficiently strong, Smart RTH can be used to bring the aircraft back to the Home point. You can initiate this by tapping the RTH icon on the DJI Fly or by pressing and holding the RTH button on the remote controller until it beeps. Always be sure to observe the surrounding environment carefully and set a proper altitude to avoid obstacles during RTH. Furthermore, there is no option to turn off the RTH feature. You may also refer to the response of Labroides above. For more information, you may visit the Return to Home section on the User Manual and please start at page 45. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-9-8
Use props
BramC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3025636 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 9-8 04:52

What I understand from "SMART" rth is that the drone itself decides to fly back to its home point because it still has just enough battery capacity to get back. This while, for example, you have moved several kilometers by boat or car and as a pilot you are close to the drone at that moment. This way, the drone will automaticly return to its original take-off point at for example 50% without this being necessary. You could turn this off in the GO4 app.
2023-9-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

BramC Posted at 9-13 01:24
What I understand from "SMART" rth is that the drone itself decides to fly back to its home point because it still has just enough battery capacity to get back. This while, for example, you have moved several kilometers by boat or car and as a pilot you are close to the drone at that moment. This way, the drone will automaticly return to its original take-off point at for example 50% without this being necessary. You could turn this off in the GO4 app.

That's not Smart RTH.
I explained what DJI calls Smart RTH in my earlier post.
You are asking about Low Battery RTH and you cannot turn that off in the app.
(You couldn't turn it off in Go 4 either)
See p45-50 in the manual
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual__V1.2_EN.pdf

If you want to prevent your drone from entering RTH early because you have moved far from the starting point, you need to reset the home point during the flight to keep it closer to where you are as mentioned in my previous post.
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules