thank you for sharing.    Jody B.
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

No worries Fish. Don't look like they have a whole lot extra to offer that the OA4 does already.
2023-9-8
Use props
stagnant
lvl.3
Norway

Seems like they made the 12 just to sell the new max lens because that is all they talk about, and every paid creator has to mention the max lens every 10seconds in the videos. 100 bucks more for a even more warped picture :p
2023-9-8
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I agree. He seems to imply that the video is unbiased comparison between the GP12 and the OA4. I feel that if that were the case, add ons and such should have been left out.
2023-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2023-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No worries!! Hope things are going well!!
2023-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 10-30 05:17
No worries!! Hope things are going well!!

Yeah, all is going well. Thanks.
Hope that is likewise!
2023-10-30
Use props
brain012
lvl.1

Pakistan

Both the GoPro Hero 12 Black and DJI Osmo Action 4 are top contenders in the action camera market, but they cater to slightly different needs. Here's a breakdown to help you decide which one might be better for you:

Image Quality:

Video: Both cameras offer excellent video quality, but with slight differences. GoPro boasts higher resolutions (up to 5.3K) compared to Action 4's 4K limit. However, many find the Action 4's footage to have better low-light performance and slightly more detail due to its larger sensor.

Photos: GoPro takes the lead here with its 27MP stills compared to Action 4's 10MP.
Other Features:

Stabilization: GoPro's Hypersmooth is widely considered the best in-camera image stabilization system, offering smoother footage.

Durability & Waterproofing: Both cameras are rugged and waterproof, but Action 4 boasts a deeper depth rating (18m vs 10m).

Ease of Use: GoPro might have a slight edge with its intuitive menus and voice control, while Action 4 features a front-facing touchscreen for easier framing.

Versatility: GoPro offers a wider range of mounts and accessories, making it more customizable.
Price: Both cameras fall in a similar price range.

Who should get which:

GoPro Hero 12 Black: Ideal for those prioritizing absolute image quality (especially in good lighting), wanting the smoothest stabilization, and needing a wider range of mounts and accessories.

DJI Osmo Action 4: A good choice for low-light shooting, those preferring a front touchscreen for framing, and wanting a slightly deeper waterproof camera.

Ultimately, the best choice depends on your specific needs and priorities. Consider what features are most important to you and compare them to the strengths of each camera. You might also find reviews and comparison videos online toget a better sense of their real-world performance.
3-4 09:44
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I still haven't seen any proof/reviews that Gopro 12 have better stabilization. It could be because Hypersmooth is really good, but haven't seen a good comparison yet.

27MP photo doesn't automatic means better image than 10MP. Higher resolution yes, but smaller sensor with more MP = more noise.
But it is the lens that will play the major role here. Still haven't seen images side by side in full resolution other than on video.

5.3K is mostly a gimmick. For my own tests when I had Gopro 10, 5.3K was less sharp than 4K. So it is just a gimmick I will say.

And you forgot to mention that Gopro freeze up quite so often and you never know when it stopped recording (bunch of videos about it online). So having a camera you can't trust, no thanks I sold both gopro's I had some years ago.

No hating on gopro here, just stating facts
3-4 10:17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Just to add thisis a DJI community we wall know the answer  right....
3-4 10:40
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 3-4 10:40
Just to add thisis a DJI community we wall know the answer  right....

So many comparison vids just buy what works for your use case and go create.  I left GoPro because I was sick of multiple units frozen needing a battery out restart.  I’ve had one overheat on my action 4 in 35 degree heat in six months of use & there it is the Action 3/4 have been more reliable & isn’t that more important as it should be especially for those one experience's.  Brand agnostic just buy what works, can’t wait for DJIs 360 offering
3-4 12:15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

exactly, gopro can gohome
3-4 12:41
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 3-4 12:15
So many comparison vids just buy what works for your use case and go create.  I left GoPro because I was sick of multiple units frozen needing a battery out restart.  I’ve had one overheat on my action 4 in 35 degree heat in six months of use & there it is the Action 3/4 have been more reliable & isn’t that more important as it should be especially for those one experience's.  Brand agnostic just buy what works, can’t wait for DJIs 360 offering

I had my Action 4 overheat at around 3ºC with light winds (kayaking), this was in 4k/120 - D-Log 10bit - .h265 mind and it was on continuous record, it lasted 48m 32s, i cant see GoPro lasting that long with those settings.
3-4 17:44
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

brain012 Posted at 3-4 09:44
Both the GoPro Hero 12 Black and DJI Osmo Action 4 are top contenders in the action camera market, but they cater to slightly different needs. Here's a breakdown to help you decide which one might be better for you:

Image Quality:

DJI's menus are easy to use, it also has Voice control and its nearly £100 cheaper, has been for a few months now.

I chose DJI because I knew quality would be key and i have not had to complain about their products (overall), plus, too many times I'd heard about GoPro overheating faster than the DJI counterpart.
3-4 17:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules