Gimbal Motor Overload
2611 3 2023-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa85b841b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

This questions is for fliers with more experience than me.

I was doing multiple 360° Panoramas when the process stopped and the camera setting switched back to Still and FPV.  When I tried another panorama I got a Gimbal Overload Warning.  I've only ever gotten those before if I forgot to remove the gimbal cover.

It is sunny and hot (90°).  Did the motor just get too hot?  The drone felt pretty warm when I landed.

I let it cool off and successfully did a Gimbal calibration.  Seems to be fine now.

Did I just overtax the motors in the heat?  Did I try to do too many panoramas in a row?
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansa85b841b. Thank you for reaching out. If a warning indicating “gimbal motor overload” appears in the DJI Fly app (which might be accompanied by a tilted image transmission picture), there is an error with the gimbal pitch movement or the gimbal movement cannot follow the aircraft direction. If the issue persists, we recommend to land the aircraft on the ground. Power it off and wait for 30 seconds before powering it on again for usage.
2023-9-8
Use props
fansa85b841b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-8 17:20
Hi, fansa85b841b. Thank you for reaching out. If a warning indicating “gimbal motor overload” appears in the DJI Fly app (which might be accompanied by a tilted image transmission picture), there is an error with the gimbal pitch movement or the gimbal movement cannot follow the aircraft direction. If the issue persists, we recommend to land the aircraft on the ground. Power it off and wait for 30 seconds before powering it on again for usage.

Thank you, but that didn't answer my questions.
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

fansa85b841b Posted at 9-8 17:28
Thank you, but that didn't answer my questions.

Dji is giving you some reason why the message would pop up and advice you can fix it. What answer do you want to hear? There could be many reason why it would pop up. On mine when it shows that message is i forgot to remove the cover and also when the drone is on the ground and the gimbal tried to rotate but was too low on the ground and gimbal touches the ground when it was moving. Never got the message due to heat.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules