Incorrect Battery Position Error
484 3 2023-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0YZCUJyDkGqL
lvl.1

United States

Hi there. My Inspire has developed an issue: the dreaded "Incorrect Battery Position" error. I've tried pushing them in, cleaning the terminals, multiple battery pairs, all to no avail. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks in advance!
2023-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_0YZCUJyDkGqL. Thank you for reaching out. Please try another battery (if any) for troubleshooting. If the issue is resolved after using another battery, it indicates that the battery is malfunctioning.

If the issue persists after trying several batteries, send the battery and aircraft back for inspection as the aircraft or the battery may be malfunctioning.

For malfunctioning components, we recommend wiping metal contact pins on the battery or the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%).

If the issue persists, send the battery for repair if it is under warranty. If the battery is out of warranty, please purchase a brand-new one. Send the aircraft for repair regardless of whether it is under warranty.

Please try using the DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware as well. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-9
Use props
RGBEnv
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the response. I updated the firmware and it didn't work. Downgraded the firmware and that didn't work. Cleaned the contact pins with 91% isopropyl alcohol and the battery terminals and that didn't work. I tried 5 pairs of TB50's with low (30's) cycles, and none of them worked.

None of this is under warranty. But I don't exactly want to send this in for repair not knowing what the issue is or the cost involved. So I'm a little stuck.

2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RGBEnv Posted at 9-10 13:50
Thanks for the response. I updated the firmware and it didn't work. Downgraded the firmware and that didn't work. Cleaned the contact pins with 91% isopropyl alcohol and the battery terminals and that didn't work. I tried 5 pairs of TB50's with low (30's) cycles, and none of them worked.

None of this is under warranty. But I don't exactly want to send this in for repair not knowing what the issue is or the cost involved. So I'm a little stuck.

Sorry for the result. If you have tried different batteries but the issue is the same, you can send it back to DJI for diagnosis.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. The actual repair cost will be based on the damage assessment after we receive your drone and send you the quotation. But you can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery for a general idea.  
If you do not want to proceed with the repair, you can request to send the drone back without repair. Hope this is informative for you.
2023-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules