o(^-^)o
Regolith
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3526243 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hiii DJI Support,

Please consider our suggest for next fw update :

since dji add tele lens on mavic 3, we often use 7X lens for photo n video..
photo n video was great on 7X lens (on daylight)
pano on 3X lens its was great from last firmware, but why didnt add pano on 7X lens (i do manually shoot pano since use mavic 3, its was great)
and until several update firmware the 1st issue on mavic 3 pro, switching lens its still take so long..pls fix it

we are waiting next big update DJI, Thanks for listening our issue...

2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Regolith. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward you suggestion to our relevant team for evaluation. After the evaluation of the relevant team, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-10
Use props
Dronekongen Fra Aalesund
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708802 ft
Norway

The issue with doing a full 360 panorama with the 7x zoom camera is that it will take ages to do and most computers out there will not be able to handle the amount of pictures you are going to stitch together from that. Even by doing a 360 panorama by taking 106 pictures from the 3x zoom camera (which is now available on the latest firmware for the Mavic 3 Pro) is something my up-to-date computer have issues to handle. It takes like 20-25 minutes ALONE to just load all of the pictures (106 picture from the 3x panorama shot) that will ONLY preview the panorama picture for you. Then it actually has to be put together and saved. It will take hours in that case. Most computers will just crumble and stop it all with an error long before it would be able to output 25% of the final panorama picture.

And I do have an 'AMD Ryzen 7 7700' CPU, 'GeForce 3060 Ti' GPU, 6000 MHz DDR5 RAM and 2x 1 TB M.2 SSD's just to name a few components.

The drone takes 25 pictures when doing a 360 panorama with the 1x (main) camera. Here the drone actually stitches together a 360 panorama picture from that where that panorama picture takes like 60-70 MB and is in 14400x7200 resolution. Even here the quality of the panorama picture isn't that great to begin with. The drone takes 106 pictures when taking a 360 panorama picture with the 3x zoom camera. Here, the drone is not able to stitch together a 360 panorama picture from it, because the CPU in the drone isn't powerful enough. And taking 106 pictures in 360 panorama takes like 5-6 minutes.

If you are going to do 360 panorama with the 7x zoom camera, you have to expect like 500+ pictures taken that will take like 30-32 minutes to complete (which is the more realistic flight time of the Mavic 3's).

If I do a 1x (main) camera 360 panorama picture in RAW (DNG file) and have 25 pictures taken and then stitch that together in Adobe Lightroom manually, then that 360 panorama picture is going to take me 1.1 GB in size as a TIF-file (16-bit). Imagine how big a 360 panorama picture from 500+ pictures taken from the 7x zoom camera is going to take. Yes, you have to manually stitch together a 360 panorama picture yourself from the drone while using the 3x and 7x zoom camera as the drone doesn't do it.

No normal computers (except for super computers that costs millions of dollars) are going to be able to stitch together a 360 panorama picture from 500+ high resolution pictures.

So I think the 7x zoom camera panorama function will never happen here.

As for the switching between the cameras, the delay is there for a reason. There are several parameters that is changing when switching between the cameras (on the Mavic 3 Pro for example) that makes the delay happen and it makes it kinda hard for DJI to make them switch any faster.
2023-9-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13424032 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has got to be one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while. The amount of time it would take to capture this many photos would be crazy. The drone would likely drift quite a lot in this time without having RTK capabilities. Making the stitching job even more difficult than it already would be. You'd end up with around a 5 gigapixel stitched image which is larger than a .jpg image allows and most image viewers couldn't even open a photo this big in any file type.

The fact that DJI admins would even say they'll forward this idea to anyone just proves that this canned reply is totally meaningless. If someone came here saying "I think DJI should implement a cup holder on top of the next Mavic", I'm sure you'd see this exact reply claiming it would be forwarded. DJI, if you're listening (which I doubt) sometimes it's better to say nothing than what you've done here. When someone has a good suggestion and is met with the same response as this one was... It doesn't mean anything like you think it does.
2023-9-12
Use props
Regolith
lvl.3
  • >>>
Indonesia

Dronekongen Fra Aalesund Posted at 9-12 09:52
The issue with doing a full 360 panorama with the 7x zoom camera is that it will take ages to do and most computers out there will not be able to handle the amount of pictures you are going to stitch together from that. Even by doing a 360 panorama by taking 106 pictures from the 3x zoom camera (which is now available on the latest firmware for the Mavic 3 Pro) is something my up-to-date computer have issues to handle. It takes like 20-25 minutes ALONE to just load all of the pictures (106 picture from the 3x panorama shot) that will ONLY preview the panorama picture for you. Then it actually has to be put together and saved. It will take hours in that case. Most computers will just crumble and stop it all with an error long before it would be able to output 25% of the final panorama picture.

And I do have an 'AMD Ryzen 7 7700' CPU, 'GeForce 3060 Ti' GPU, 6000 MHz DDR5 RAM and 2x 1 TB M.2 SSD's just to name a few components.

ahh, forgive me....forgot to add some details..
i know 360 pano is useless and heavy load dude (for me is useless also), but  i just need vertical and potrait pano feature (for now all social media share potrait content) instead of 360
for me, my workload, there is just around 20- 30 dng photo to sticth is enough.
why sticth or pano?why doesnt just take my drone go further and take 1 photo then crop? my simple answer resolution 7X isnt that great dude for showing to your client (noise/blur image)
why 7X tele? the effect of bigger background is wonderfull.
if you work on raw file, of course you need a proper tools (hardware & software to proceed)
adobe circumtance is doing well for me, off cource intel and nvidia latest product also make your progress faster dont forget your ssd and ram also crucial.

pls just try telephoto 1st then you will realize wht i mean.
as a customer i need to make dji team improve instead of they has a lot barrier, i think they didnt maximize the potential (they just make boundaries by themself) can u realize latest update? they sensor become as a camera? they lock the potential by itself from the 1st year mavic 3 launch dude...hahahaha
just switching the camera like piece of cake i think.
2023-9-12
Use props
Regolith
lvl.3
  • >>>
Indonesia

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-12 17:34
This has got to be one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while. The amount of time it would take to capture this many photos would be crazy. The drone would likely drift quite a lot in this time without having RTK capabilities. Making the stitching job even more difficult than it already would be. You'd end up with around a 5 gigapixel stitched image which is larger than a .jpg image allows and most image viewers couldn't even open a photo this big in any file type.

The fact that DJI admins would even say they'll forward this idea to anyone just proves that this canned reply is totally meaningless. If someone came here saying "I think DJI should implement a cup holder on top of the next Mavic", I'm sure you'd see this exact reply claiming it would be forwarded. DJI, if you're listening (which I doubt) sometimes it's better to say nothing than what you've done here. When someone has a good suggestion and is met with the same response as this one was... It doesn't mean anything like you think it does.

yeah it my crazy idea, because i tired taking 7X pano mannually..
im just express my ideas instead they going to make it real or not..
dont you realize alot potential on the drone is lock by themself, RnD team need explore more instead of raising the retail price.
2023-9-12
Use props
360n180
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7566 ft
United States

Why would this be a crazy idea (BY THE WAY, IT IS NOW AVAILABLE). IT May be crazy for you, but for people like me who does 360 photography, we need this.
2-1 00:45
Use props
360n180
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7566 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2023-9-12 17:34
This has got to be one of the worst ideas I've seen in a while. The amount of time it would take to capture this many photos would be crazy. The drone would likely drift quite a lot in this time without having RTK capabilities. Making the stitching job even more difficult than it already would be. You'd end up with around a 5 gigapixel stitched image which is larger than a .jpg image allows and most image viewers couldn't even open a photo this big in any file type.

The fact that DJI admins would even say they'll forward this idea to anyone just proves that this canned reply is totally meaningless. If someone came here saying "I think DJI should implement a cup holder on top of the next Mavic", I'm sure you'd see this exact reply claiming it would be forwarded. DJI, if you're listening (which I doubt) sometimes it's better to say nothing than what you've done here. When someone has a good suggestion and is met with the same response as this one was... It doesn't mean anything like you think it does.

Why would this be a crazy idea (BY THE WAY, IT IS NOW AVAILABLE). IT May be crazy for you, but for people like me who does 360 photography, we need this.
2-1 00:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules