DJI Action 4 Crackling sound in particular situation
630 6 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karol Pogorzelski
lvl.1

United States

So i do Fishing content and recently switched to DJI 4 camera from GP. And it was the best decision to make for me, but i do have on issue.
Pretty much every time a fish pulls drag on my reel the camera produces a crackling noise . Its hard to explain, but i did include a link to one of the videos, at 14:58 of that video there is an sample what i have in mind. I can cut some clips from different videos and send it somewhere if that would be better.
Just wonder if this is something that can be fixed by a software update.
Anyway, hoping someone will take a look at this.
https://youtu.be/axtDgj4QKLI?si=Ofwa9OoB38-jAFtm
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Karol Pogorzelski, thank you for reaching out. We will forward this issue to our engineer team to further check, thanks.
2023-9-11
Use props
Karol Pogorzelski
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-11 06:56
Hi Karol Pogorzelski, thank you for reaching out. We will forward this issue to our engineer team to further check, thanks.

Thans for quick reply, like i said i can send more samples if needed just let them know they can email me.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Karol Pogorzelski Posted at 9-11 07:01
Thans for quick reply, like i said i can send more samples if needed just let them know they can email me.

Hello, there. We have forwarded the video to them. We will update here if we get any replies from them.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Karol Pogorzelski Posted at 9-11 07:01

Hi Karol, after checking with our engineer team, please confirm if the issue happens all the time or occasionally. You could refresh the firmware version, reset the camera settings and try. As per the video, it is possibly the sound produced by the friction between the fishing line and the wheel. Thanks.
2023-9-12
Use props
Karol Pogorzelski
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-12 18:47
Hi Karol, after checking with our engineer team, please confirm if the issue happens all the time or occasionally. You could refresh the firmware version, reset the camera settings and try. As per the video, it is possibly the sound produced by the friction between the fishing line and the wheel. Thanks.

It's the frequency of the sound that the fishing reel produces and the way the camera captures that sound. When fish pulls hard and there is lots of friction going on the reel it happens every time. And iam pretty sure its the way camera picks up that sound and maybe it cannot process it correctly. I am not saying the camera is defective or the microphone because besides that everything is very clean. Its just that one sound ive noticed right away because i fish a lot and used different cameras to record. I can send more samples if someone is interested of looking in to it
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Karol Pogorzelski Posted at 9-13 02:41
It's the frequency of the sound that the fishing reel produces and the way the camera captures that sound. When fish pulls hard and there is lots of friction going on the reel it happens every time. And iam pretty sure its the way camera picks up that sound and maybe it cannot process it correctly. I am not saying the camera is defective or the microphone because besides that everything is very clean. Its just that one sound ive noticed right away because i fish a lot and used different cameras to record. I can send more samples if someone is interested of looking in to it

Hi Karol, thanks for the feedback.
If it is convenient, you could please provide us the following information, and we will forward to our engineer team to review this issue. It is a great chance for us to improve our product better and better.
Looking forward to your reply!

You could upload to a share drive and send us a link. Thanks.
1. firmware version
2. tested time
3. video footage
4. camera log
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules