RC2 not charging!
5124 70 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneUser18
New

United States

DroneUser18 Posted at 10-11 04:49
No. Nothing happens when I try to charge it. I have tried multiple chargers, outlets, etc. I have also tried plugging directly into my computer. No luck with that either. (and yes, I have tried pushing the power button in the fast-slow pattern used to turn on the controller. Nothing.)

I ended up contacting DJI customer service, and I will be sending in the drone and the remote for evaluation and replacement. kind of a bummer, but it seems that there is nothing else to be done.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DroneUser18 Posted at 10-11 04:49
No. Nothing happens when I try to charge it. I have tried multiple chargers, outlets, etc. I have also tried plugging directly into my computer. No luck with that either. (and yes, I have tried pushing the power button in the fast-slow pattern used to turn on the controller. Nothing.)

Hi, DroneUser18. Sorry, you had to send the drone to us. I hope you get it back in no time. I appreciate your patience.
2023-10-14
Use props
manitou1983
New

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 10-14 01:23
Hi, DroneUser18. Sorry, you had to send the drone to us. I hope you get it back in no time. I appreciate your patience.

Alright, so I've returned the drone and the controller to DJI repair, and they have sent me a replacement.

But guess what - exact same problem with the controller: it can be turned on, it works with the drone, but it cannot be charged, and you cannot connect it to a PC via the USB3 connector. No loading indicator whatsoever.
And yes, I've tried multiple chargers with different wattage. It's so frustrating.
2023-10-19
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

This is strange, two faulty remotes in row?
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

manitou1983 Posted at 10-19 04:59
Alright, so I've returned the drone and the controller to DJI repair, and they have sent me a replacement.

But guess what - exact same problem with the controller: it can be turned on, it works with the drone, but it cannot be charged, and you cannot connect it to a PC via the USB3 connector. No loading indicator whatsoever.

Hi, manitou1983. Please make sure that the remote has already been activated. Once activated check again if the issue still persists. Thank you.
2023-10-20
Use props
Redwind486
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645577 ft
United States

I've just sent my remote in for the same issue but mine behaves a bit differently. I have used the same charger for all my DJI controllers for years and never had a single issue with any of them charging. My RC2 comes on normally, connects to the drone normally and shows up in DJI assistant 2. I re-flashed the firmware on it just to see if that would allow it to charge once again but didn't help.
2023-10-25
Use props
DamnTastyMuffin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128 ft

Falkland Islands

So I've got my RC2 back from repair, it works now, and charges fine. The first time the RC2 stopped charging was after using a Google pixel 30w charger. The lights were flashing really quickly, I thought just meaning it was charging quick, but maybe the components of the RC2 could not handle this?  I now charge only using a certain usb port on my computer docking station which provides as little power as possible. I used a different usb port now (usb c to usb c) and this one made the charging LEDs flash really quick, which was also what happened before the remote broke the first time. So I will not use that port as I am too worried to stress the obviously quite weak charging components of the controller. Am I being overly cautious?
2023-10-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I charge my RC2 with 65W wall plug I use for battery hub.
2023-10-29
Use props
TheGadgetman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1124108 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 9-12 21:34
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Do the LED indicators light up when you try to charge it? Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Yes the lights illuminate for a second or 2 which show me only 3 green lights and then it goes off again. It does not proceed to charge the controller. I have charged it many times before using the same charging blocks and my pc
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TheGadgetman Posted at 11-13 14:01
Yes the lights illuminate for a second or 2 which show me only 3 green lights and then it goes off again. It does not proceed to charge the controller. I have charged it many times before using the same charging blocks and my pc

Hello there. Have you already tried charging with a PD3.0 fast charging protocol and up to 9V/3A (27W)? If so, will it be fine if you show us a video? Thank you very much.
2023-11-14
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened to my RC2. I sent it in for repair and it was a defective board. They wanted to charge me over $200 for repair because it was just a couple weeks out of the warranty period. I pleaded with 3 different people up the ladder and finally convinced them to replace under warranty
2023-11-21
Use props
JmsWms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3344603 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 11-21 06:41
Same thing happened to my RC2. I sent it in for repair and it was a defective board. They wanted to charge me over $200 for repair because it was just a couple weeks out of the warranty period. I pleaded with 3 different people up the ladder and finally convinced them to replace under warranty

Your RC2 was out of warranty? Wasn't it just released with the Air 3 in July? I haven't checked to see how long the warranty is, but that doesn't seem very long.
2023-11-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

JmsWms Posted at 11-21 07:33
Your RC2 was out of warranty? Wasn't it just released with the Air 3 in July? I haven't checked to see how long the warranty is, but that doesn't seem very long.

My apologies. It was the DJI RC that went on the fritz and not the RC2. I've got 5 drones and hard to keep track sometimes. Lol
2023-11-21
Use props
fans23193ca1
New

United States

Same issue. Just wanted to add to the list so DJI realizes this is not a small isolated problem. Received the Air 3 and controller today. Controller will not recognize any charger straight out of the box. I got it on and activated and connected but will not charge. All the same symptoms mentioned here, none of the standard tech support BS ("make sure the cable is tight" ha!) works. Pretty disappointing for a brand new drone package, especially as I'm headed out of the country for vacation next week and was hoping to fly.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans23193ca1 Posted at 12-15 23:04
Same issue. Just wanted to add to the list so DJI realizes this is not a small isolated problem. Received the Air 3 and controller today. Controller will not recognize any charger straight out of the box. I got it on and activated and connected but will not charge. All the same symptoms mentioned here, none of the standard tech support BS ("make sure the cable is tight" ha!) works. Pretty disappointing for a brand new drone package, especially as I'm headed out of the country for vacation next week and was hoping to fly.

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. If you purchased your product through your dealer, you may contact your dealer for a replacement. However, if the dealer can't assist you further, you may request directly via this link. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_jixzKKbkKwu6
New

Costa Rica

Same exact problem yet another time . How is this happening over and over again ... sooooooooooo disappointing !  today I installed latest FW on drone and RC2 , and after it finished the RC2 controller will not charge !
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_jixzKKbkKwu6 Posted at 12-22 17:28
Same exact problem yet another time . How is this happening over and over again ... sooooooooooo disappointing !  today I installed latest FW on drone and RC2 , and after it finished the RC2 controller will not charge !

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. May I confirm if your DJI RC2 still has a battery left? If so, you may try to refresh the firmware via this link. You may also consider using different cables and chargers for better isolation. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-23
Use props
gaustatoppen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554649 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same issue. DJI RC2.
After updating firmware it stopped to accept charge. No blinking led.
Tried different cables and chargers.
Battery is 21 percent now.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gaustatoppen Posted at 12-23 15:22
Same issue. DJI RC2.
After updating firmware it stopped to accept charge. No blinking led.
Tried different cables and chargers.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this situation. Please follow our recommendations via this link. If the problem persists, you may consider sending the product back for proper inspection and repair. If you wish to get the product in service, you may use this link. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-24
Use props
Marko Gluhak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1490755 ft
Croatia

I bought Air 3 on 4. December 2023. During 1st charge, it stops charging after cca 45 min of charging. I was charging it with a Powerbank Anker 737. After it stopped charging, I tried all my chargers (PD, normal, ..). Nothing worked. I contacted DJI and to cut a story short, after 10 days I got a replacement unit (complete fly more combo as it was a replacement due to less than 15 days old product). I also ordered a DJI 100W charger and used only it to charge RC and batteries. Right now I have charged RC2 3 times and it is still working. I fear I will forget the DJI charger at some point and the same failure will happen! I am not confident using any chargers or power bank with it (I bought a power bank only for this purpose).
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_p3mViBmREbqo
New

France

Exact same problem with my DJI Mini 4 Pro and its RC2 controller that just can't charge...
The controller has been shipped with 60% battery and i never could recharge it so i don't use the drone for my december holidays... what a pain for my wedding travel thank you DJI...

Impossible to charge it, I tried 1A / 2A / 3A / 30A / 120A charger
Nothing worked on it !!!
Why in 2023 did you create a controller that can't be charged with standard charger like our phones !!!

It's a whole new product (November 2023)
it's a shame to send so bad products when you know there is a problem
2023-12-30
Use props
JLK
lvl.1
South Africa

Exact same issue; bought the Air 3 Flymore Combo, RC2 charged fully the first time, immediately when I switched it on the first time there was a firmware update, which of course I applied, then had a few flights with the Air 3, and once I needed to charge RC2 again, nothing. No LED coming on when plugging in any kind of USB C charger (DJI hub, Samsung brick, different USB-C cables, nothing makes any different).
This seems 100% in line with almost all participants in this forum.
Super annoying, clearly there is a trend, and the scripted answers from tech support is frankly insulting. One would think that a call center / support group would analyze the types of queries, look for trends & recurring patterns, and act on it quickly to create a better product, avoid issues and have better overall PR in the public. Is that too much to ask in 2024?
1-3 00:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_p3mViBmREbqo Posted at 2023-12-30 01:49
Exact same problem with my DJI Mini 4 Pro and its RC2 controller that just can't charge...
The controller has been shipped with 60% battery and i never could recharge it so i don't use the drone for my december holidays... what a pain for my wedding travel thank you DJI...

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the inconvenience that it caused you. DJI RC 2 Supports up to 9V/3A fast charge. Please update/refresh the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 or visit this link if the DJI RC2 is still operational. However, if the remote is completely drained, you may try to replace the cable and contact us at www.dji.com/support for immediate assistance.
1-3 02:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JLK Posted at 1-3 00:11
Exact same issue; bought the Air 3 Flymore Combo, RC2 charged fully the first time, immediately when I switched it on the first time there was a firmware update, which of course I applied, then had a few flights with the Air 3, and once I needed to charge RC2 again, nothing. No LED coming on when plugging in any kind of USB C charger (DJI hub, Samsung brick, different USB-C cables, nothing makes any different).
This seems 100% in line with almost all participants in this forum.
Super annoying, clearly there is a trend, and the scripted answers from tech support is frankly insulting. One would think that a call center / support group would analyze the types of queries, look for trends & recurring patterns, and act on it quickly to create a better product, avoid issues and have better overall PR in the public. Is that too much to ask in 2024?

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback. Please know that this is not what we want you to experience with our product. We encourage you to contact our support via this link: www.dji.com/support for immediate assistance regarding the DJI RC2. Rest assured that we've taken your feedback very seriously.
1-3 02:43
Use props
JLK
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 02:43
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your feedback. Please know that this is not what we want you to experience with our product. We encourage you to contact our support via this link: www.dji.com/support for immediate assistance regarding the DJI RC2. Rest assured that we've taken your feedback very seriously.

Many thanks for your response.

However, I would think that some kind of press release or public confirmation from DJI warning users about the firmware update, or recalling affected controllers would be a reasonable expectation from your customers. Without that, how do we know that our feedback, for such a widespread problem, is truly taken seriously?
1-3 03:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JLK Posted at 1-3 03:04
Many thanks for your response.

However, I would think that some kind of press release or public confirmation from DJI warning users about the firmware update, or recalling affected controllers would be a reasonable expectation from your customers. Without that, how do we know that our feedback, for such a widespread problem, is truly taken seriously?

Thank you for responding. While we completely understand that this phenomenon happens after the firmware update, this situation hasn't been confirmed and verified by our corresponding team. However, please stay assured that we're closely monitoring those affected users by this situation and we constantly forwarding this matter to our engineers for attention.
1-5 02:28
Use props
Lance Caffey
New

United States

Add me to the list of very disappointed customers.  Purchased DJI Fly 3 Combo.  Arrived today and the RC-2 will not charge.   Tried every working charger I have and it's a lot.  It's dead now.  How do I get this replaced?  (And no, I'm not going to upload a video of it doing absolutely nothing)
2-22 18:34
Use props
djiuser_rXTI9afunFDe
New

United States

I just bought a DJI Air 3 today and the remote refuses to charge. I was able to charge the batteries with the battery pack and tried charging the remote with the battery pack as well as an external Anker charger (which charged the battery pack fine), but no lights flash on the remote. I called customer service at DJI and the store where I bought the drone and both indicated that it seems the remote has a manufacturer's defect and will need to be returned. So much for getting up and flying.
After reading the multiple posts regarding this issue, I'm convinced the DJI has known about this issue for months and has not prevented additional sales from happening. I'm going back to store and getting a refund and shopping for a different drone company.
3-11 16:09
Use props
Tim Kelley
New

United States

djiuser_rXTI9afunFDe Posted at 3-11 16:09
I just bought a DJI Air 3 today and the remote refuses to charge. I was able to charge the batteries with the battery pack and tried charging the remote with the battery pack as well as an external Anker charger (which charged the battery pack fine), but no lights flash on the remote. I called customer service at DJI and the store where I bought the drone and both indicated that it seems the remote has a manufacturer's defect and will need to be returned. So much for getting up and flying.
After reading the multiple posts regarding this issue, I'm convinced the DJI has known about this issue for months and has not prevented additional sales from happening. I'm going back to store and getting a refund and shopping for a different drone company.

Here's an UPDATE:

I returned the first Air3 with remote/fly more package to the dealer and they were very helpful. They tried to charge the RS2 remote without success and determined that they would send it back to DJI as a DOA. They let me open and test the new remote and download the firmware update for both the remote and drone. The remote and batteries all were charging normally at that time. Everything appeared to work well. I went home, booted the remote and tried to charge it with no luck. I spent three hours on the phone trying to determine why it was not charging in the wall unit (verified by DJI staff as a good charger), plugged into a new iMac (which they indicated should work), and the battery charging hub. None of them worked. They had me download the DJI Assistant app on my computer and plugged in the RS2 to attempt to troubleshoot the remote. The remote was not recognized. Ultimately, after every attempt to get the remote to charge, they indicated I would need to make another exchange.

I immediately called the retailer and informed them of the situation. (I had just been there earlier that day). After the salesman initially indicated that they don't usually offer refunds on products that had been activated, the manager agreed to the refund. I plan to return it tomorrow. I will update after that happens.
Update: Refund issued... Starting my search for another drone company.
3-12 18:30
Use props
IronReel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118061 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji is pathetic. This problem has happened with y rc2 remote straight out of the brand new packaging for my MINI 4 PRO. How does a design flaw exist that is this big a deal? How can DJi not take responsibility and recall all these controllers knowing they are POS.
5-7 04:37
Use props
djiuser_iXlAFALH7n9k
New

Germany

Wish I had found this thread before.
Just returned a whole set received the same day, Mini 4 Pro and a RC 2, cause DJI gave me no option replacing just the RC 2.
The RC 2 had some substantial rattling inside sounding like either a loose screw or something else definitely metallic.
I didn’t want to try and charge or fly with that thing, hope it gets to the service center without shorting out and bursting into flames.

Reading this thread kind of supports my thoughts that DJI seems to have serious QC problems with the RC 2.

I’m now thinking going something with the N2, any suggestions on that front?
5-10 14:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules