Wireless Mic
2193 14 2023-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello

I have the DJI wireless Mic and bought it about 3 or so months ago.

I am now wondering if I have a faulty one, and wondering how I report this or get it seen to.

First and foremost, when I plug it into my iphone 14 pro max it does not work. I have an image that says accessory not recognised and I have bought audio adaptors and nothing can make it work, yet others swear it works. It definitely doesn't. I found out the hard way once that it can look to be working on the green bouncing line showing sound but then finding the whole video was on mute at it treated them as headphones or something.

It just occurred to me to try updating the firmware and now this doesn't seem to work. I followed the DJI Youtube video on how to do it and while the recievers plug in and show up on my Mac nothing happens when I put the file on to the root folder.

The transmitter isn't being recognised at all. If i plug that into my Mac, something flashes on my screen very quickly and no folder appears on my desktop.

I have the action 4 to update that via the Mimo app and that works fine.

I am starting to think the one I bought is defective, how can I get that confirmed and or fixed?

cheers

2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. About your issue, we recommend you format the DJI MIC first.
1. Reset the DJI Mic receiver to default settings.
2. Format the DJI Mic transmitter via the DJI Mic receiver.

* Ensure that there is no need to back up the internal data before formatting the internal storage. If the relevant data is needed, please skip this step.
Then, update the firmware of both RX and TX again.
2023-9-11
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-11 20:33

I have gone to settings on receiver, factory reset and done that option. I have the online manual and looked for format the transmitter via the DJI receiver and can't find anything about that. Can you direct me to some clear instructions on how to do that please.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DT0125 Posted at 9-16 08:16

Sorry for the late response.
I have the tutorials but in Chinese.
I will leave an instruction here. If you still can not find it, please let us know.
Steps:
1. Connect TX to RX
2. On the RX touchscreen, you can see the volume bars of two TXs.
3. Swipe up the corresponding TX bar, then there will be two icons: one is a trumpet icon, and the other is a file icon. Click the file icon (storage) then click Format.
2023-9-18
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No problem re replies, as long as they come then that's no issue.

Those instructions worked fine and I reformatted everything there was an option for and factory reset the receiver.

I'd like to keep this going in the right direction, step by step, so can you let me know if there is a clear video of now how to update the firmware. When I plug my transmitter in I see this

This is different to the image I have seen showing a root folder but I am going to presume this is the root folder unless you tell me otherwise.

Can you tell me the exact process, and link to the firmware update, on what I do next. I have already once downloaded the firmware as described and dropped it into that 'root' but there seemed no way to apply the firmware, hence why I am going down this route.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DT0125 Posted at 9-20 02:39
No problem re replies, as long as they come then that's no issue.

Those instructions worked fine and I reformatted everything there was an option for and factory reset the receiver.

Hi there, you can refer to the video below to update the firmware. https://www.dji.com/mic/video And here is the firmware download link. https://www.dji.com/mic/downloads
2023-9-21
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-21 01:39
Hi there, you can refer to the video below to update the firmware. https://www.dji.com/mic/video And here is the firmware download link. https://www.dji.com/mic/downloads

Good news but then ultimately bad news

Instructions were clear and I managed up date firmware, I did both transmitters first and then the receiver. On unplugging the receiver it said updating on the screen, so that bit all worked.

However,

I tried it straightaway on my iPhone 14pro max and, while now audio can be heard when the receiver is plugged in via the iPhone's mic, so isn't muting it, it 100% isn't picking up the DJI Mic, and I am quite happy to do a quick video to illustrate that if required.

Is there a way of seeing on the iPhone that it's connected? I know my way round the phone and it would obviously be helpful if somewhere it actually said it was connected. At the moment, I see nothing when it's plugged in other that on occasions it says this isn't supported.

2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DT0125 Posted at 9-21 02:31
Good news but then ultimately bad news

Instructions were clear and I managed up date firmware, I did both transmitters first and then the receiver. On unplugging the receiver it said updating on the screen, so that bit all worked.

To check whether the mobile phone system recognizes the connected DJI Mic receiver, you can open the mobile control center and check whether the volume bar has turned into a “headset” icon.
2023-9-22
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-22 04:46
To check whether the mobile phone system recognizes the connected DJI Mic receiver, you can open the mobile control center and check whether the volume bar has turned into a “headset” icon.
[view_image]

thanks for that, here are a couple of images showing the way mine is -

2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DT0125 Posted at 9-22 06:37
thanks for that, here are a couple of images showing the way mine is -

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply. Just to double confirm, could you please try to plug the adapter the other way around to the phone, or is it possible to test it out on an Android device with the USB C adapter to see if it is related to the adapter's issue?
If the issue is only with the adapter, you can send a video of the comparison of connecting the iPhone and an Android phone and the serial number of the DJI Mic to us via email at support@dji.com, we will help you further.
2023-9-23
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hello there

I am not sure what is meant by putting the adapter in the other way, probably a blonde moment, so will try with a bit more of an explanation. The adapter only slides in one way and doesn't push any further in than flush with the transmitter. Our house only has iPhones now, and the android phone kicking about isn't usbc.

However, not sure if this confirms or denies this, but the Mic works without an issue on the action 4 and plugged into my Sony A6400. Obviously the action 4 is usbc while the Sony utilises the plug in cable. So the usbc adapter works and mirrors the way the iPhone adapter should work. It really just seems like the iPhone connection is the issue. My wife gets the new iPhone 15 in mid October, which is usbc, so would confirm then, or I can just got into an Apple Store and ask to see if they have an iPhone 15 I can use the usbc connector on, which would, I guess confirm it's the iPhone adaptor.

Let me know what you think about this information and I'll happily do the next step.
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DT0125 Posted at 9-25 00:24
Hello there

I am not sure what is meant by putting the adapter in the other way, probably a blonde moment, so will try with a bit more of an explanation. The adapter only slides in one way and doesn't push any further in than flush with the transmitter. Our house only has iPhones now, and the android phone kicking about isn't usbc.

Thank you for your update.
1. That means, you can connect the RX with your phone in an inverted way.
Upside down the RX and plug it into the phone.

2. Basically, it can be determined that DJI MIC works properly and the USB C adapter is normal, too.
For a quick test, you can test it with another iPhone device with a lightning port.
If the devices with lightning ports can not use DJI MIC while devices with USB C ports can, we suggest you change a lightning adapter to test again.
2023-9-25
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here is what I see on my Mac when the RX is directly plugged in with the usbc adapter

This is all very baffling, I am now wondering if I am getting a true reading at all when it's plugged into the camera. The action 4 used to show a mic symbol but following a firmware update it's just a long green bar across the top of the screen. That's usbc so no idea, unless it just doesn't work on Apple, why I am not seeing any obvious signs it's connected properly to my Mac

2023-9-25
Use props
DT0125
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have just found a Samsung Galaxy s9 so we tested it on that as it's an Android phone. Once again, there's literally no way on knowing it's connected (would help considerably if some prompt was flashed up or there was an app to say it was connected) and I plugged it in a cable that is usbc to usbc and it did not work.

Prior to that, I tested again on action 4. When I used the adapter first it didn't seemed to register it was plugged in so thought I may have located the issue, so did the usbc cable from the Rx to camera. It showed connection via green bar and I tested and it worked. I then tried the adapter again and this time the green bar showed up.

This is all very frustrating as it's not easy to even know when it is connected on anything other than the DJI stuff, and my testing on the action 4 again showed it seems to lack consistency.

What I am now struggling with is it clearly works, but only on DJI products. It doesn't work on an iPhone, there's no indication it works on a Mac and Samsung phone, which also uses usbc connections.

I am sure you aren't lying as there would be more about it, but you can see how a conclusion that this doesn't work on anything other than a DJI product can be concluded.

As always, more than happy to test out any suggestion you have. Is there a store I can take this to for someone to test ?

2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DT0125 Posted at 9-25 05:48
I have just found a Samsung Galaxy s9 so we tested it on that as it's an Android phone. Once again, there's literally no way on knowing it's connected (would help considerably if some prompt was flashed up or there was an app to say it was connected) and I plugged it in a cable that is usbc to usbc and it did not work.

Prior to that, I tested again on action 4. When I used the adapter first it didn't seemed to register it was plugged in so thought I may have located the issue, so did the usbc cable from the Rx to camera. It showed connection via green bar and I tested and it worked. I then tried the adapter again and this time the green bar showed up.

For Android phones: The system status bar or control center will display a “headset” icon. For some mobile phones, the notification center will display that “DJI U disk” has been identified.

You can go to the local retail stores to see if they can help: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer
2023-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules