Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hello.
I just crashed backwards on cinema mode against a castle tower. Obstacle avoidance did not detect at all I was goin slow. I can see the video of the crash on my rc 2 controller. The drone at the time is unaccesible. tomorrow a responsible person for the tower will try to access it.

My first proble is how can i download the cache files to my windows laptop computer. I connect my RC2 to the computer and see lots of folders and subfolder everywhere
Alarm,Android,audiobooks DCIM DJI Documents download Dpad dpaddevicetest,...etc. None of them has the cache video files that I can see directly on my controller. How to download that. Why is DJI making it so confusing and complicated to make such a simple task

2- I want to also retrieve the log files so I can post it here and see if some expert can tell me why the obstacle avoidance failed and the air 3 crashed
How again to download the log data from the controller

As I said drone is unavailable for now and I do not know if I will be able to recover it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cristian
2023-9-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry to hear of your crash. If you had any files on the RC2 they would be located on the internal storage of the controller itself and not on the SD card unless you moved them to the SD card. I've been trying to raise awareness of this, what I consider incorrect behavior, for a little while now. Otherwise they would be on the SD card of your A3. If you did a screen recording, that would also be on the internal storage of the RC2 controller.
2023-9-11
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I finally found it buried in a subfolder. There a over a dozen main folders and maybe hundreds of subfolders on those . Crazy. The route I could find it was:
1-Connect your RC2 to your computer
2- This is the route: DJI RC2- Internal shared storage- Android- data- dji.go.v5- files - media caches

And here there are all the videos

how easy is that

Thank you DJI for making our life so easy......
2023-9-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the logs will be in  .......ndroid/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord  

and, if you have not synced,

.......ndroid/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords.

As for the PATHs to the files, its like everything else, difficult until you know where to look but once you do know where to look it's a piece of cake.

If the RC2 has a built in file browser does a search made using that browser find .mpg etc. files and or files whose name starts "DJIFlightRecord_" ?
Does a search of the RC2 via computer find such flies?
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mastix Posted at 9-11 11:24
I finally found it buried in a subfolder. There a over a dozen main folders and maybe hundreds of subfolders on those . Crazy. The route I could find it was:
2- This is the route: DJI RC2- Internal shared storage- Android- data- dji.go.v5- files - media caches

Hi, mastix. Thank you for the update. We're glad that you've found the Cache files' location. As for the logs,  can you please verify which one would you like to export? If you are looking for the flight controller logs, those are stored in the aircraft. But if you are looking for the App log, Remote Controller Log, or Flight Record, those can be exported through the DJI RC 2. Here are the details on how to export them:

1. Built-in DJI Fly App log:
Power on the DJI RC 2, connect DJI RC 2 to the computer with the Type-C data cable, select DJI RC 2 on the computer, and follow the path to find the APP log and export it: internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG
Note: This process does not need to connect the DA2 software.

2. Remote controller log:
Power on the DJI RC 2, turn on the DA2 software(consumer series), and then connect DJI RC 2 to the computer with the Type-C data cable, after DA2 software detects the DJI RC 2, click the LOG Export option to export the remote controller log.

3. Flight Record (with MCDatFlightRecords):
Power on the DJI RC 2, connect DJI RC 2 to the computer with the Type-C data cable, select DJI RC 2 on the computer, and follow the path to find the flight record (or MCDatFlightRecords) and export it: internal shared storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord.

Hope this helps.
2023-9-11
Use props
Cristian B
New

Ireland

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-11 19:27
Hi, mastix. Thank you for the update. We're glad that you've found the Cache files' location. As for the logs,  can you please verify which one would you like to export? If you are looking for the flight controller logs, those are stored in the aircraft. But if you are looking for the App log, Remote Controller Log, or Flight Record, those can be exported through the DJI RC 2. Here are the details on how to export them:

Thank you for your help . One question which of those would be needed so expert on this forum can take a look to give me some feedback about the accident ?

Thank you
2023-9-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cristian B Posted at 9-11 20:33
Thank you for your help . One question which of those would be needed so expert on this forum can take a look to give me some feedback about the accident ?

Thank you

Hi,

Just share your flightlog.txt on here
Use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2023-9-12
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 992707 ft
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-11 19:27
Hi, mastix. Thank you for the update. We're glad that you've found the Cache files' location. As for the logs,  can you please verify which one would you like to export? If you are looking for the flight controller logs, those are stored in the aircraft. But if you are looking for the App log, Remote Controller Log, or Flight Record, those can be exported through the DJI RC 2. Here are the details on how to export them:

Upon connecting the (powered) RC2 to my laptop, it doesn't show up in the file explorer...
2023-11-16
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Belgium

WVdE Posted at 11-16 01:07
Upon connecting the (powered) RC2 to my laptop, it doesn't show up in the file explorer...

I found out that not every USB C cable is suitable...
Changed cables and there was the RC2 :-)
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WVdE Posted at 11-16 01:07

Hello, there. Sorry for the late notice and thank you for your patience. We're glad to know that the situation has been sorted out. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2023-11-20
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Belgium

Upon a tip from NOBBYGREEN on YouTube, I activated an account on AIRDATA UAV.
Loads of flight data of synced flights available (flightpath, notifications, power consumption, ... even the weather !)
https://app.airdata.com/
2023-11-21
Use props
Nomadic Rick
New
Flight distance : 50486 ft
United Kingdom

mastix Posted at 2023-9-11 11:24
I finally found it buried in a subfolder. There a over a dozen main folders and maybe hundreds of subfolders on those . Crazy. The route I could find it was:

I'm assuming that this can't be done on Mac - as I have had a collision with mine (whilst in quick shot - apparently with 360 collision detection) and the controller storage doesn't appear when hooked into my Mac.

The RC2 controller does appear in the DJI Assist app though.
2-23 09:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules