Osmo Pocket charging case not working
1905 32 2023-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I purchased two Osmo Pocket charging cases from Amazon CP.OS.00000004.01 (shipped and sold by Amazon).  I tried charging them but on both cases the pulsing yellow light never turns green even after 4 plus hours.  How do I get this remedied? Do I send these to DJI? Send back to Amazon?

Thanks,
Rich

2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Would you please send us the link of the charging case you bought?
2023-9-12
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-12 04:57
Hello, there. Would you please send us the link of the charging case you bought?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QX94W9W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-12 05:01
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QX94W9W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thank you for your reply. Would you please perform the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Please confirm that the firmware version of Osmo Pocket is above V01.06.00.20. The DJI Pocket Charging Case does not recognize charging with lower versions.

2. Open the DJI Pocket Charging Case and close it again. Please check the status indicator light of the DJI Pocket Charging Case to ensure it has power.

3. Put the Osmo Pocket into the DJI Pocket Charging Case in the correct position, close the charging case manually, and charge the Osmo Pocket. Check the status indicator of the charging case at this time to judge whether it can be charged normally;

4. If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot or picture of the Osmo Pocket’s firmware version, as well as videos of the charging process.
2023-9-12
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-12 06:19
Thank you for your reply. Would you please perform the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Please confirm that the firmware version of Osmo Pocket is above V01.06.00.20. The DJI Pocket Charging Case does not recognize charging with lower versions.

Hi,

My Osmo Pocket firmware is at 01.10.00.30.   I should maybe clarify that my charging issue is with the initial charging of the charging case before even putting the camera into the case.  When I open and close the case without the camera being inside, neither the charging indicator or status indicator lights up.
edited to add...

I've taken a video showing the following...
The charging case has been plugged in for 4 hours and the led indicator surrounding the usb port is still pulsing yellow.
I unplug the usb cable, open and close the case and no led lights up under the fabric on the door, or by the usb connector
I turn on my Osmo pocket showing current firmware of 01.10.00.30 and power it off
I place the camera into the charger, close the door and again no led lights up either in the door or by the connector

I will try to attach file here

2023-9-12
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

I get this error when I try to upload the video.  How else can I send the video to you?
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mrrichh Posted at 9-12 11:24
[view_image]

I get this error when I try to upload the video.  How else can I send the video to you?

Hi mrrichh, you could upload to a share drive and provide us the link, thanks.
2023-9-12
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-12 22:43
Hi mrrichh, you could upload to a share drive and provide us the link, thanks.

https://youtu.be/kata7O360LE
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

The charging case has been plugged in for 4 hours and the led indicator surrounding the usb port is still pulsing yellow.
According to your description, the pulsing yellow lights indicate the battery level of the charging case is 0 to 60%. If the no LED light turns up when you open and close the case, we assume the case was not charged.
Would you please check the charger and cable?  
We recommend you use a 5V-2A charger for charging.

2023-9-14
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 01:06
According to your description, the pulsing yellow lights indicate the battery level of the charging case is 0 to 60%. If the no LED light turns up when you open and close the case, we assume the case was not charged.
Would you please check the charger and cable?  

I plugged the camera into another charging  brick with a voltage and current meter. The camera will pull 5.3v and around 1.17a to 1.14a.  When I plugged the charging case in, the meter reads 5.1v but only .09a to .02a.  I get the same results with multiple charging bricks and different USB c cables.
2023-9-14
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7bEq7_Wno
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-14 03:28
I plugged the camera into another charging  brick with a voltage and current meter. The camera will pull 5.3v and around 1.17a to 1.14a.  When I plugged the charging case in, the meter reads 5.1v but only .09a to .02a.  I get the same results with multiple charging bricks and different USB c cables.

Thank you for your reply.
If so, we will recommend you send it back for diagnosis and repair.
Here is the link to submit an online repair request:
https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-9-14
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 04:21
Thank you for your reply.
If so, we will recommend you send it back for diagnosis and repair.
Here is the link to submit an online repair request:

So when I click through your link it asks me to select the item that needs to be repaired.  If I select Osmo Pocket, I can only select the camera itself.  If I go to "Other", then "Accessories and Other" I still cannot find the Charging Case.  I then tried entering the serial number but nothing came up.  

How do I proceed with requesting service if I am not able to find the Charging Case in the list of products?
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-14 04:39
So when I click through your link it asks me to select the item that needs to be repaired.  If I select Osmo Pocket, I can only select the camera itself.  If I go to "Other", then "Accessories and Other" I still cannot find the Charging Case.  I then tried entering the serial number but nothing came up.  

How do I proceed with requesting service if I am not able to find the Charging Case in the list of products?

You can choose the Osmo Pocket in the product model and upload the information/data we need.
Then, write down the SN and name of the product in the case description.
Then, send the accessory back to our service center.
2023-9-14
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-14 05:04
You can choose the Osmo Pocket in the product model and upload the information/data we need.
Then, write down the SN and name of the product in the case description.
Then, send the accessory back to our service center.
Thanks,

One final question, since I have two of the chargers, do I submit both under one claim and file two separate claims?

I lied, one other question, this is covered under warranty, correct?

2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-14 05:53
Thanks,

One final question, since I have two of the chargers, do I submit both under one claim and file two separate claims?

Hi there, you could send back together within one case. After receiving your products, we will follow.

In addition, the warranty of the charger is 12 months. Thanks.
2023-9-14
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

Mexico

DJI Thor Posted at 9-14 22:23
Hi there, you could send back together within one case. After receiving your products, we will follow.

In addition, the warranty of the charger is 12 months. Thanks.

Hello again, I've mailed the chargers into the service center, today I received a reply from them saying the charging port is faulty.  They claim the charges are out of warranty and want to charge me for the repair.  The items are newly purchased from Amazon, how can they be out of warranty?  Who can I contact about this?
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mrrichh Posted at 9-21 11:28
Hello again, I've mailed the chargers into the service center, today I received a reply from them saying the charging port is faulty.  They claim the charges are out of warranty and want to charge me for the repair.  The items are newly purchased from Amazon, how can they be out of warranty?  Who can I contact about this?

The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product. Could you please provide us with the proof of purchase for further confirmation? You can post it here or send it to support@dji.com
2023-9-21
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-21 17:29
The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, If you cannot provide invoice or other valid proof of purchase, then the warranty period will start from 90 days after the shipping date that shows on the product. Could you please provide us with the proof of purchase for further confirmation? You can post it here or send it to

The Amazon invoices were uploaded when I initiated the warranty claim but I also just sent them to the address you gave me.  Hope to hear back from them soon.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-22 11:51
The Amazon invoices were uploaded when I initiated the warranty claim but I also just sent them to the address you gave me.  Hope to hear back from them soon.

Thank you, our team will reply to you soon during working hours. Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-22
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-22 17:04
Thank you, our team will reply to you soon during working hours. Thank you for your patience.

I received two chargers last night from the repair center.  I plugged them in to give them their initial charge and have the same issue.  They have been plugged in for about 10 hours now and still have the pulsing yellow light around the connector. Either they did not fix my units or it appears Dji has a bunch of faulty stock.  What do I do to get these replaced again with known working units.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-28 03:38
I received two chargers last night from the repair center.  I plugged them in to give them their initial charge and have the same issue.  They have been plugged in for about 10 hours now and still have the pulsing yellow light around the connector. Either they did not fix my units or it appears Dji has a bunch of faulty stock.  What do I do to get these replaced again with known working units.

Hi mrrichh, sorry for the inconvenience. Is it the same issue happened like your sent from the previous video? Also, just a confirmation, may I know if you have tried to swich another cable and  5V-2A charger?
2023-9-28
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

It seems like the same issue.  With a USB power meter I can see that the chargers are barely pulling any current when plugged in (less than .05A).  When I plug the camera by itself into the same charger and cable the meter will show the camera pulling over 1A.  So I know the charger and cable are working because they can charge the camera by itself and also my Pixel 7 phone.  But to answer your question, I did try different 5V-2A chargers.  Yesterday I chatted with DJI customer service and was assigned a new case number and told to send them back in again.  
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 9-29 03:57
It seems like the same issue.  With a USB power meter I can see that the chargers are barely pulling any current when plugged in (less than .05A).  When I plug the camera by itself into the same charger and cable the meter will show the camera pulling over 1A.  So I know the charger and cable are working because they can charge the camera by itself and also my Pixel 7 phone.  But to answer your question, I did try different 5V-2A chargers.  Yesterday I chatted with DJI customer service and was assigned a new case number and told to send them back in again.

I see, thank you for your update. Kindly send the unit back to us and we will check it further. I will keep an eye on the case status. Please rest assured.
2023-9-30
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

I dropped off the package with the second set of defective Osmo pocket charging cases at UPS on Saturday.  They should get back to you in a few days.  I know a note was added to my ticket that asks that someone test the new chargers this time before sending them out to me.  I would like to add that they should actually confirm that the pulsing light around the USB port will turn from yellow to green after a few hours.  If they just look for the yellow light and then think it's charging then I can have the same problem I had with the last two sets I had where it pulses yellow indefinitely without actually charging the battery.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mrrichh Posted at 10-2 07:00
I dropped off the package with the second set of defective Osmo pocket charging cases at UPS on Saturday.  They should get back to you in a few days.  I know a note was added to my ticket that asks that someone test the new chargers this time before sending them out to me.  I would like to add that they should actually confirm that the pulsing light around the USB port will turn from yellow to green after a few hours.  If they just look for the yellow light and then think it's charging then I can have the same problem I had with the last two sets I had where it pulses yellow indefinitely without actually charging the battery.

Thanks for the update. We will forward your concerns to the corresponding team. If there is any update, you will receive an email. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
2023-10-3
Use props
mrrichh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-3 01:19
Thanks for the update. We will forward your concerns to the corresponding team. If there is any update, you will receive an email. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Was wondering if someone can look into my latest repair case.  On Oct 6th I received an email from Dji saying the replacement chargers were shipped.  However as of this moment, Oct 10th, the ups tracking still just says the shipper created a label, ups has not received the package yet.  
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

mrrichh Posted at 10-10 11:09
Was wondering if someone can look into my latest repair case.  On Oct 6th I received an email from Dji saying the replacement chargers were shipped.  However as of this moment, Oct 10th, the ups tracking still just says the shipper created a label, ups has not received the package yet.

Hi there, after checking under the tracking number #1Z3Y**********0190, your package is on the way now, which will be delivered on Oct 12 2023. Thanks.
2023-10-10
Use props
djiuser_yTaH5mS4Yiay
New

Chile

Hello, i have the same issue with my charger case, i bought that in september but i ship the product to my aunt house in USA, i receive todas the case in Chile and have the same problem.

Its show the yellow light when is conected vía USB but when i tried to use for charge my osmo pocket the case dont work, only work when is conected
1-19 17:38
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_yTaH5mS4Yiay Posted at 1-19 17:38
Hello, i have the same issue with my charger case, i bought that in september but i ship the product to my aunt house in USA, i receive todas the case in Chile and have the same problem.

Its show the yellow light when is conected vía USB but when i tried to use for charge my osmo pocket the case dont work, only work when is conected

Hi there, thank you for reahching out. May I know if you charged with 5V-2A charger?
You could also share us a video recording of the issue to further check, thanks.
1-19 23:08
Use props
Aslanger
New

Turkey

Hello everyone; How are you? I own DJI Osmo Pocket 1. I purchased a travel-friendly Osmo Charging Case. I am experiencing the same problems above. I returned the product because it was damaged. I bought a new one. There are still the same problems. The yellow light flashes while charging, and the green charging light stays on even when the camera is on. However, when I unplug the charger, it does not charge. It's hard not to go crazy. Let me also point out that the firmware versions of my charger and camera are exactly as they should be, as I mentioned above. What can I do? I also bought a 2024 Poco phone, DJI Mimo never loads. Even if old versions are installed, they do not work.

If you have suggestions on these issues, I would be very happy and I will implement them. Otherwise, unfortunately, I will have to return this device. Thanks
3-26 03:20
Use props
Aslanger
New

Turkey

Hello everyone; How are you? I own DJI Osmo Pocket 1. I purchased a travel-friendly Osmo Charging Case. I am experiencing the same problems above. I returned the product because it was damaged. I bought a new one. There are still the same problems. The yellow light flashes while charging, and the green charging light stays on even when the camera is on. However, when I unplug the charger, it does not charge. It's hard not to go crazy. Let me also point out that the firmware versions of my charger and camera are exactly as they should be, as I mentioned above. What can I do? I also bought a 2024 Poco phone, DJI Mimo never loads. Even if old versions are installed, they do not work.

If you have suggestions on these issues, I would be very happy and I will implement them. Otherwise, unfortunately, I will have to return this device. Thanks

Translate to English
3-26 22:37
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aslanger Posted at 3-26 22:37
Hello everyone; How are you? I own DJI Osmo Pocket 1. I purchased a travel-friendly Osmo Charging Case. I am experiencing the same problems above. I returned the product because it was damaged. I bought a new one. There are still the same problems. The yellow light flashes while charging, and the green charging light stays on even when the camera is on. However, when I unplug the charger, it does not charge. It's hard not to go crazy. Let me also point out that the firmware versions of my charger and camera are exactly as they should be, as I mentioned above. What can I do? I also bought a 2024 Poco phone, DJI Mimo never loads. Even if old versions are installed, they do not work.

If you have suggestions on these issues, I would be very happy and I will implement them. Otherwise, unfortunately, I will have to return this device. Thanks

Hi there, could you please provide us with a video for further confirmation? Did you try the troubleshooting below? If so, can you tell us the result?
2. Open the DJI Pocket Charging Case and close it again. Please check the status indicator light of the DJI Pocket Charging Case to ensure it has power.
3. Put the Osmo Pocket into the DJI Pocket Charging Case in the correct position, close the charging case manually, and charge the Osmo Pocket. Check the status indicator of the charging case at this time to judge whether it can be charged normally;
3-26 23:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules