Anyone used Night Fly LED Landing light?
500 7 2023-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I shoot real estate video in cine mode & in my testing at night I find that inspite locked to 30+ satelite the VPS sensor are not able to keep the drone stable on the path I intend to fly. The drone drifts away while I am wanting it to go in a straight line forward or sideways. To compund the problem I have to fly either over the swimming pool (house reflecting in pool) or the garden which has constant thick green grass (IR sensor fails to work on green evenly grown grass)

SO I am thinking to get one of these LED light which has slow/fast flashing mode & a constant light mode so the VPS sensor can recognize the below surface & remain on the path I am flying. Has anyone used such LED light for night flight?

screenshot_787.jpg
2023-9-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

No but I would be interested to see what everyone else says
2023-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't, but we are not allowed to fly at night here in NL.
2023-11-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would go with a white light only version ...... as DJI do on some drones.
2023-11-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coloured LED are not as bright as white, you don't really need it on the drone though, get a bright LED for the actual landing area, stick it on an el'cheapo tripod aimed at the landing point
2023-11-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

ANY add-on light will put you overweight!
2023-11-11
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions, I have decided to update to mIni 4 pro sometime next year which has white landing light that should be ideal to keep the drone from drifting away while I am wanting it to go in a straight line forward or sideways.  The VPS sensor needs bright light to keep it on the path even with 32 satellites locked when you are flying low (1-3m height) in darkness.
2023-11-11
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

"The drone can not take off in low light."
Is this even true? I've not yet tried a night flight, but I know others have.
Doesn't make sense, as the downward vision isn't even active until after you take off. I'm not inclined to trust this ad.

The downward vision an d IR does have a limited effective range, but if you are only flying low, you may be within that range.
2023-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules