RC Controller Serial Number
3208 14 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello,
I purchased a month or so ago the DJI Air 3 combination package with the drone, 3 position charge pack and the RC controller. I am applying for registration to fly my drone in Thailand on my holidays in November, and the Thai NBTC require the serial number of both the drone and the controller. They also want photographic evidence with the bar codes. For the drone that was no problem as on the box the serial number was clearly displayed with the bar code. However, I could not easily see a serial number to the RC. There is a bar code but the alphanumerical figures accompying it are far too small to see even with a magnifying glass. I wonder could you advise:

1. Is the RC serial number the same as the drone as they come as a combination package?

If not, how do I get a record of the serial number of the RC thats legitable to show to the Thai NBTC?  I looked at my invoice and drone registration in DJI but only the drone serial number is recorded.

May I request DJI to look at increasing the font size of the serial numbers on the drone and RCs in furture models. I am not poorly sighted and even using a magnifying glass it was hard to resolve the drone SN and impossible for the RC.

I have THAI CAAT approval so only need now the NBTC licence to make good pictures of Phuket so please can you help.

Many Thanks

2023-9-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The serial number can be found in the menu of the controller turn on craft and controller go to 3 dots top right menu go to about and you should find both SN there.
2023-9-13
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 07:43
The serial number can be found in the menu of the controller turn on craft and controller go to 3 dots top right menu go to about and you should find both SN there.

Many Thanks. I will try that
2023-9-13
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 9-13 07:43
The serial number can be found in the menu of the controller turn on craft and controller go to 3 dots top right menu go to about and you should find both SN there.

Hello,
Thanks for the guidance. I wonder if you can help me understand what the Flight Controller and Remote Controller are? Which is the handset that controls flight and zoom etc? I see the Fight Controller is the same as the drone but remote controller different.

Last year when I registered my Mini the Thai FBTC were interested in the serial number of the handset.
2023-9-13
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

FreshFlyer Posted at 9-13 09:10
Hello,
Thanks for the guidance. I wonder if you can help me understand what the Flight Controller and Remote Controller are? Which is the handset that controls flight and zoom etc? I see the Fight Controller is the same as the drone but remote controller different.

Serial number of drone and flight controllers is same cause they are the board and chips inside the drone. The remote serial number will be different cause its the chip on the remote and not in the drone. Battery will have its own chip in the battery pack so it will also have a different serial.number. the camera will also have a chip inside the gimbal so it will have its own serial number too.
2023-9-13
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-13 09:14
Serial number of drone and flight controllers is same cause they are the board and chips inside the drone. The remote serial number will be different cause its the chip on the remote and not in the drone. Battery will have its own chip in the battery pack so it will also have a different serial.number. the camera will also have a chip inside the gimbal so it will have its own serial number too.

Many Thanks. That is clear.
2023-9-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FreshFlyer Posted at 9-13 09:10
Hello,

A flight controller, or “FC”, is like the brain of an FPV drone. It's a circuit board equipped with sensors that detect the drone's movements and user commands. With this information, the FC adjusts the speed of the motors to move the drone in the desired direction.

RC is the unit the pilot controls the drone with.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The following information is shown in DJI Fly's About page (DJI Fly app > Camera View > Go Fly > General Settings (3dots) > About):

1. Aircraft flight controller’s serial number;
2. Remote controller main board’s serial number;
3. Battery’s serial number;
4. Camera’s serial number.

The flight controller serial number and remote controller main board serial number are related to product activation. The relevant information is shown in the app so that you can check it easily.

The flight controller serial number is needed when you make unlocking requests and apply for flight permission in some areas. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.        
2023-9-13
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-13 19:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The following information is shown in DJI Fly's About page (DJI Fly app > Camera View > Go Fly > General Settings (3dots) > About):

1. Aircraft flight controller’s serial number;

Many Thanks. I am all set now to fly my drone in Thailand
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FreshFlyer Posted at 9-14 02:16

You are most welcome. Have a safe travels, FreshFlyer! Happy flying.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_t38FiN7745M9
New

Sweden

FreshFlyer Posted at 2023-9-14 02:16
Hi

Om going to thailand soon and wondering how you did with the picture of the QR code with serial nr on the controllers, on my Rc 2 it is just impossible to tanke a picture of it, how did you do on your application?

Carl
1-15 14:10
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello,
I managed to do it by tilting the drone and shining a bright light into the compartment so the shadow was reduced. Then I used my iPhone to take the picture as close as I could before it went out of focus. It was fiddly but it worked. The Thai NBTC insist on a picture of the QR code on the drone and refused the SN card that came with the drone.
1-15 14:20
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The serial number of the controller was taken using a picture of the screen with the various serial numbers displayed. They did not ask for a QR code for that one. DJI will be able to advise how to display the SN on the screen of the controller
1-15 14:24
Use props
djiuser_t38FiN7745M9
New

Sweden

FreshFlyer Posted at 1-15 14:24
The serial number of the controller was taken using a picture of the screen with the various serial numbers displayed. They did not ask for a QR code for that one. DJI will be able to advise how to display the SN on the screen of the controller

ok, i know where that is, so they were ok with that?, cause on the application page it says a picture with the qr code even for the controller

1-15 14:34
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_t38FiN7745M9 Posted at 1-15 14:34
ok, i know where that is, so they were ok with that?, cause on the application page it says a picture with the qr code even for the controller

Apologies. I have just checked my NBTC submission photograps and it did include a QR code too. This is the square box thing on the back of the controller. Its quite large on mine and easy to photograph. If you do not have a controller and use your phone just tell them that. If you have a controller but no QR code stamp seek advice from DJI technical.

If there is no QR code and DJI cannot help I would suggest filling in the form in a NBTC office if there is one near where you stay. You can explain the situation face to face. its so much harder to be strict about it face to face. or if thats not an option give the local office a call.

Footnote
I now remenber from 2 years ago my mini3 pro controller had a QR code on the back of the controller so small that the letters I could not read. I had to zoom and get younger eyes to read it to put it on the form. I just gave a zoom picture of it to NBTC as they will use the box and not the letters

1-16 06:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules