how can I plug this wire in?
1421 8 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomwolves585
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Last month DJI in Los  Angeles  had my phantom 2 vision plus to be fixed.Well the wire cable  that attaches to the drop plate in the upper left side (if you are looking at the camera) are not even plugged  in . I would just like to know how I  would go about plugging  it back in securely .Attached is a photo of the plug that I  am  referring  to.Thank you for any help you may have to give me.
20141123_203453.jpg
2014-12-8
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hi tom

if this is how it came back from repair , i am shocked at how they even tested it worked correctly.

Only thing i can suggest from looking at mine, is to remove the pins and somehow angle the the camera housing towards the front of the drone. that way you may be able to take out that cable and reseat it correctly.
2014-12-8
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

whyley27@sky.co Posted at 2014-12-9 08:29
hi tom

if this is how it came back from repair , i am shocked at how they even tested it worked cor ...

I think it came loose   in the return shipping . I  was thinking about removing the pins also , but how do you take the keepers off the damper pins?
2014-12-8
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i have seen one guy bend the keepers back a little and was able to get the pins off that way. have to be very careful with them as they break easily

you may also have a spare set in the bag of bits when you first had the PV2
2014-12-8
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

here he is..

skip to the 2.00 mark

2014-12-8
Use props
tomwolves585
lvl.4
United States

whyley27@sky.co Posted at 2014-12-9 08:42
here he is..

skip to the 2.00 mark

Thank you whyley, that helped a lot. I managed to push the cable back down with a small screw driver but it keeps coming loose .I might have to end up taking the damping pins off at some point.I was hoping dji support would give me some good advise,guess I should know better! But you were a lot of help,again thank you.
2014-12-8
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

no probs
happy flying
2014-12-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it keeps pulling up I'm guessing that there isn't sufficient slack when it was installed and the flex in the shock system is moving more than the slack allows.  You may need to open the Phantom and reposition the wire so it has more play in it.
2014-12-8
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

hi there,
It is better to disassemble the gimbal then plug it.
First you should remove the transparent plastic lock on each side, then it may be easy to insert the plug.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules