DJI R Focus Wheel
974 2 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpcgandre
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello
I want to control both zoom and focus using the dji focus motors. However i found out that this is not possible using the RS3 and the dji system because the DJI R Focus Wheel is not compatible.
This problem is also present if you want to use this external dji wheel and not the small internal wheel of the RS3.
So my question is will dji solve the incompatibility of RS3 and the DJI R Focus Wheel?
A second question is is it possible to fix the start and end points of the focus or zoom to specific turning points of the wheel of RS3? This is because i find it impossible to go from min and max focus or zoom without having to restart the hand movement which makes the control unusable since the focus or zoom change is not smooth.
Thanks
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
About the compatibility between the DJI RS3 series and DJI R Focus Wheel:
DJI RS 3/ DJI RS 3 Mini does not support DJI RS 3 Pro.
DJI RS 3 Pro supports connecting to two focus motors simultaneously by mounting the DJI R Focus Wheel to the NATO port.
Note: To mount the DJI R Focus Wheel, the DJI RS 3 Pro firmware should be updated to v01.00.01.00.

About the second question, would you please tell us more details about the issue?
2023-9-15
Use props
jpcgandre
lvl.1
Portugal

Thank you for the feedback

The second question is if it is possible to set manually the end and start points of zoom or focus motor to the end and start positions of the front dial wheel....
This is because the zoom change using the wheel on has to rotate the wheel more than the exposed length of the wheel meaning one has to release the finger during this operation and a result the zooming in or out becomes non smooth with a marked stepped break in the middle... If one could set the wheel points to rotate completely the zoom in or out this problem would be solved.
Thanks
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules