Please Release the DLOG-M Color Space (DCTL/IDT/ODT) Information!
11122 95 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Attaching screenshot of the DLogM lut when opened in html viewer.

4-21 09:45
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please note in all of the graphic above I've not actually posted the actual files themselves.  Just screenshots.
4-21 09:45
Use props
djiuser_wX66aTPbDJma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-27 03:19
Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Davinci Resolve 19 is now out and still no DlogM input color space??
4-23 05:08
Use props
djiuser_wX66aTPbDJma
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-9-14 18:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

DJI Davinci Resolve 19 is out and still no input color space for Dlog M. You really are making a mess of things
4-23 05:25
Use props
djiuser_wX66aTPbDJma
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI!! Davinci Resolve 19 is out and still you refuse to supply the correct Dlog and DlogM input color spaces and Gammut information. You are making a mess of things
4-23 05:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_wX66aTPbDJma Posted at 4-23 05:25
DJI Davinci Resolve 19 is out and still no input color space for Dlog M. You really are making a mess of things

Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware and software capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
4-24 23:57
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-24 23:57
Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware and software capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.

This is not a change that we are requesting. It doesn't need software or hardware change. This just needs you to release the specs.

What are you hiding?

Do we need to goto bloggers and YouTube influencers to start to get attention on this issue?
Does anyone know any YouTubers or website with good traffic who could do that?
Edit: I've submitted my 1 star Amazon review

4-28 01:10
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@everyone

Reminder of shortcut and barcode to this thread
https://bit.ly/DJI-D-LOG-M

4-28 01:18
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Great idea, let's try to keep this thread on the first page to get more people involved!
4-28 21:08
Use props
Der_Axel
New

Germany

Well, not publishing the D-Log M colorspace information is the only show-stopper from purchasing AC4 & makes me clearly go for competitor.
4-29 07:23
Use props
okito.xyz
lvl.2
Peru

Der_Axel Posted at 4-29 07:23
Well, not publishing the D-Log M colorspace information is the only show-stopper from purchasing AC4 & makes me clearly go for competitor.

gp log looks well documented, however is not added to Davinci Resolve 19 still, at least they already have published their logarithmic profile information
4-29 20:10
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-14 19:57
Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.

Hello

It's been two weeks since my chaser, three since your message.
Any news yet please, or at least an explanation on why DJI choose to withhold this information.

Thank you
Chris
5-3 07:04
Use props
Vanadio
lvl.1
France

Count me in. I hope DJI understand the importance of releasing the input color space (and the absurdity of the lack of it).
5-4 11:44
Use props
fans07f9c9bd
New

Australia

Has anybody got any updated ways on using d-log m in a CST with Davinci. Standard d-log comes out far too saturated I find
5-5 14:58
Use props
Reiner.
lvl.4
Germany

fans07f9c9bd Posted at 5-5 14:58
Has anybody got any updated ways on using d-log m in a CST with Davinci. Standard d-log comes out far too saturated I find

First I tried the DJI LUT which resulted in totally oversaturated footage. No fun to start with.

Second try was relying on DaVinci Color Management: no input/output CST, Color Science "DaVinci YRGB Color Managed", Color Processing mode "HDR DaVinci Wide Gamut Intermediate" and output color space Rec.709. This worked pretty well for my two scuba dive videos.

Third try was using the salamifish DCTL (Salamifish_DJI_transform_HDR_V4 ) mentioned in #67 in this thread. Color Science is set to "DaVinci YRGB", Timeline Color Space is "ARRI LogC3" and Output color space set to Rec.709. A first node is a DCTL node to convert from DLog-M to Arri LogC WG. This worked pretty well for my fun fair video.

A lot of trial and error plus some extra money, all avoidable if...

5-5 22:48
Use props
okito.xyz
lvl.2
Peru

Any news? All ecosystem with D Log M are waiting
yesterday 19:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules