What Are the D.SRT and D.LRF Files?
8924 11 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

What are those two types of files? They seem to be created each time I film something. They have a matching file name that corresponds to each MP4 file that the camera creates. Do I need them for anyting and can I turn them off somehow?

Thanks
2023-9-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=279951
2023-9-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SRT - SubRip Subtitle
This file can be played in combination with the video you shot to show all the metadata of the camera and some drone info. Altitude, framerate, shutter speed, frame count, exposure metering etc etc.

Few people will ever need to use this file, but it did help me identify my M3's exposure changed when I didn't adjust it in manual mode. No one would have believed me, but the SRT file showed no change and an uptick in exposure.

You can turn these off in the settings, look for something which says video subtitles.

LRF - Low Resolution File(???) I don't know what this actually stands for!
These are the low resolution videos which DJI creates to quickly playback videos you've shot, but they're very low quality and useless for anything IMO.

As far as I know they cannot be turned off, and I wish there was an option to do so!
2023-9-14
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 9-14 11:46
SRT - SubRip Subtitle
This file can be played in combination with the video you shot to show all the metadata of the camera and some drone info. Altitude, framerate, shutter speed, frame count, exposure metering etc etc.

Thanks for your explanation!
2023-9-14
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 9-14 11:46
SRT - SubRip Subtitle

"You can turn these off in the settings, look for something which says video subtitles."

I'm using the RC Pro and I'm not finding that anywhere.
Nevermind, I finally found it.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.  For the SRT files, you may turn off the video subtitles in the DJI Fly app under General Settings > Camera > Video Subtitles. The LRF files, this is low-resolution files generated simultaneously when recording, and LRF files are MP4, which can be viewed by any media player. We don't have the option to turn off this feature. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-14
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-14 18:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.  For the SRT files, you may turn off the video subtitles in the DJI Fly app under General Settings > Camera > Video Subtitles. The LRF files, this is low-resolution files generated simultaneously when recording, and LRF files are MP4, which can be viewed by any media player. We don't have the option to turn off this feature. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you!
2023-9-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

The short answer is... they're annoying and a waste of card space.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome, MRomine. We always appreciate your value support. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-9-16
Use props
fans56f83b45
New

Ireland

I just bought the osmo pocket 3 and I am very annoyed of these LRF files that I don't seem to be able to disable them?!  I don't want them!
2023-11-7
Use props
anthony.anthonyanzalone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 927300 ft
  • >>>
United States

While being able to disable .LRF files would be great, but have you considered using them as proxy files?  Rename them to .MP4 and attach them to your main 4k footage. I find editing this way is much smoother, especially multicam (I use a combo of A4's and a P3)
1-3 04:43
Use props
djiuser_OZ3DfdeZ8HAM
New
Flight distance : 209281 ft
Germany

Please gibt opt to disable lrf, no one need this stupid think, who copy the files via as cart and edit on DR.
1-7 17:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules