1537 29 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I am doing topdown shots I get this glitch. It hapens when I move backward in video and forward when taking photos. Never noticed it before. hs anyone had this experience? I tried recalibratingthe gimbal to no avail. Suggestions?

2023-9-14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It lurches on acceleration forward in photography and backward on video. Then it stats in the changed position. Very wierd
2023-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-14 14:25
It lurches on acceleration forward in photography and backward on video. Then it stats in the changed position. Very wierd

The same algorithm is in play in both instances. To keep the picture stable, the gimbal needs a minimum  travel. Full up or down does not allow this, so the drone self corrects.
2023-9-14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 14:43
The same algorithm is in play in both instances. To keep the picture stable, the gimbal needs a minimum  travel. Full up or down does not allow this, so the drone self corrects.

Thanks. it still doesn't seem right though
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Does the issue only appear when flying? If you experience the issue on the ground when trying to tilt the gimbal 90°, please try the following

1. Try alternative methods below on how to control the gimbal pitch

(1) Use the gimbal dial on the remote controller.
(2) Hold and drag the circle on the app screen.
(3) Set C1/C2 button on the remote controller to Recenter/Tilt Down Gimbal.

If the gimbal can tilt to 90 degrees after trying any one of the above methods, it indicates that the aircraft gimbal is functioning.

If the gimbal cannot tilt to 90 degrees through methods (1) and (3) above, this indicates an error with the remote controller. We recommend that you calibrate your remote controller and check whether the gimbal dial works. Check whether the C1/C2 button can be used to set other functions. If it is determined to be an error with the remote controller hardware, we recommend that you send the remote controller back for testing.

If the gimbal cannot tilt to 90 degrees through the above three methods, the issue lies in the aircraft gimbal. We recommend that the customer check whether the gimbal is stuck by foreign matter and whether the gimbal calibration can be passed. If the issue persists, we recommend you send the unit in for proper diagnostics.
2023-9-14
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-14 18:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Does the issue only appear when flying? If you experience the issue on the ground when trying to tilt the gimbal 90°, please try the following

1. Try alternative methods below on how to control the gimbal pitch

I will try these and check it with another controller and get back
2023-9-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer's answer makes sense to me. I've noticed this many times before and just accepted it and flown a few degrees short of maximum end stops +ve and -ve.
2023-9-15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 9-15 05:17
Mobilehomer's answer makes sense to me. I've noticed this many times before and just accepted it and flown a few degrees short of maximum end stops +ve and -ve.

When that gimbal changes it's angle it's not the shot I want. I am going to compare it to a friends mini 2 and see if it's the same.
2023-9-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-15 06:47
When that gimbal changes it's angle it's not the shot I want. I am going to compare it to a friends mini 2 and see if it's the same.

I will be very interested in your findings. Please post the results.
2023-9-15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 9-15 22:50
I will be very interested in your findings. Please post the results.

Will let you know.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-15 04:15
I will try these and check it with another controller and get back

Thank you for your cooperation. Please let us know. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-9-17
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-17 01:03
Thank you for your cooperation. Please let us know. Have a nice day ahead.

Thanks will test it today and let you know.
2023-9-17
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-14 18:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Does the issue only appear when flying? If you experience the issue on the ground when trying to tilt the gimbal 90°, please try the following

1. Try alternative methods below on how to control the gimbal pitch

The problem is it tilts to 90 degrees but when I move forward or backward it tilts forward about 20 degrees not giving me a true topdown view
2023-9-30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 9-15 05:17

Look at this video and try it.

This is what it does.
2023-9-30
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you for your video BBT and excellent explanation of what you meant. To see the gimbal remaining in the wrong position when recovering to level flight after tilt explained a lot.
2023-10-1
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-30 20:27
Odd that it only happens when the motors are engaged.  This seems like something that could be addressed with a firmware update.

Hopefully DJI sees this here and addresses it
2023-10-1
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 10-1 03:25
Thank you for your video BBT and excellent explanation of what you meant. To see the gimbal remaining in the wrong position when recovering to level flight after tilt explained a lot.

I know its a small part of the shots we take but the glitch is there
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-30 15:33
The problem is it tilts to 90 degrees but when I move forward or backward it tilts forward about 20 degrees not giving me a true topdown view

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Basic principles for automatic spring back after the aircraft gimbal reaches the endpoint: The gimbal utilizes a speed avoidance design. The avoidance speed is set based on the angle at which the gimbal exceeds the joint angle endpoint. Generally, the spring-back angle is within 15°.

Using DJI Mini 2 as an example:
If the gimbal angle is -90°, the aircraft’s attitude angle in Cine mode and Normal mode will reach 25°. As the gimbal’s limit angle is -105°, the gimbal will at least bounce back by 10°. However, it would bound back about 15° due to safety considerations.

If the gimbal angle is -90°, the aircraft’s attitude angle in Sport mode will reach 40°. As the gimbal’s limit angle is -105°, the gimbal will at least bounce back by 25°. However, it would bound back about 30° due to safety considerations. The rebound angle may vary between different models.
2023-10-2
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 03:34
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Basic principles for automatic spring back after the aircraft gimbal reaches the endpoint: The gimbal utilizes a speed avoidance design. The avoidance speed is set based on the angle at which the gimbal exceeds the joint angle endpoint. Generally, the spring-back angle is within 15°.

Using DJI Mini 2 as an example:

If this is normal it doesn't make sense. None of the others drones do it and it makes it impossible to get a sooth and level topdown shot. I guess the good news is it's not broken but the bad news is that it's normally glitchy.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-2 03:54
If this is normal it doesn't make sense. None of the others drones do it and it makes it impossible to get a sooth and level topdown shot. I guess the good news is it's not broken but the bad news is that it's normally glitchy.

We totally understand your concern. No worries, we will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-4
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-4 04:07
We totally understand your concern. No worries, we will gather this feedback of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank You.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are very much welcome. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-6
Use props
seba2386
lvl.1

Argentina

BetterBizTech Posted at 2023-10-2 03:54

Good morning! I wanted to ask you if you have been able to find a solution to the problem since I have the same problem with my Mini 2 gimbal... most of the shots with the gimbal at -90° are ruined by that bouncing.
I really doubt that it is something normal as DJI argues, since the other drones do not do that, and even within the "Mini 2" model some have the problem and others do not...
Thank you very much for any help you can give me regarding the issue
2-8 05:17
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

seba2386 Posted at 2-8 05:17
Good morning! I wanted to ask you if you have been able to find a solution to the problem since I have the same problem with my Mini 2 gimbal... most of the shots with the gimbal at -90° are ruined by that bouncing.
I really doubt that it is something normal as DJI argues, since the other drones do not do that, and even within the "Mini 2" model some have the problem and others do not...

So far I haven't I have to check and see if my assistant is shutting the drone before closing the camera. which might be a reason.
2-8 05:26
Use props
Mynah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3034081 ft
South Africa

seba2386 Posted at 2-8 05:17

All Mini 2's still do that, it was one of those firmware 'known issues' that never got fixed by DJI.  I resorted to assigning the C1 button to 'tilt down gimbal' but there's still no fix for when it happens during video recording.
2-8 05:51
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have noticed this issue on my Mini 2 as well.  I thought it was a defect in the Mini 2.  I just learned to avoid doing this.
2-10 11:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mynah Posted at 2-8 05:51
All Mini 2's still do that, it was one of those firmware 'known issues' that never got fixed by DJI.  I resorted to assigning the C1 button to 'tilt down gimbal' but there's still no fix for when it happens during video recording.

I have the same issue. It won't ever be fixed.
2-10 12:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shawgod Posted at 2-10 11:22
I have noticed this issue on my Mini 2 as well.  I thought it was a defect in the Mini 2.  I just learned to avoid doing this.

It's a shame that you can't rely on topdown shots with the mini 2.
2-10 12:44
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 2-10 12:44
It's a shame that you can't rely on topdown shots with the mini 2.

I agree, I don't have this problem with my Phantom 4 Pro or Air 2S
2-13 05:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shawgod Posted at 2-13 05:29
I agree, I don't have this problem with my Phantom 4 Pro or Air 2S

The problem is caused by the gimbal trying to compensate for forward or backward movement when in a locked position so it jumps. I find that if you move  the camera slightly upward instead of straight down. It will alleviate some of the issues.
2-13 09:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules