459 2 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
obj.Tracker0108
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4469 ft
United States

Dear all,

Hi, I am trying to conduct a survey of forests by creating waypoint/polygon missions via DJI Mavic 3 Classic Drone.

In the past, I've used the DJI Mavic 2 for my survey missions. I created my missions through the DJI GS Pro app (iPad). It was reliable and efficient in such tasks. However, this drone is no longer in use. Thus, I had to purchase the new Mavic 3 Classic.

After my purchase, I found out the DJI GS Pro app is not compatible with the Mavic 3 series or any other new drones from DJI.
I understand there is a waypoint feature on the DJI Fly app via DJI RC, I tried this but it's very crude and not efficient.

Questions:
1) Is there any way that I can connect the Mavic 3 drone to the DJI GS Pro app?

2) Are there methods (3rd party apps), that are compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 drones that allow me to create survey(waypoint) missions?

3) Any other suggestions to solve this problem?

------------------------

Thank you for your help and input!

2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 3 series doesn't have an SDK so there are no 3rd party apps and it only connects to the DJI Fly App.   You really need to buy either an enterprise series drone that supports mapping (which is what DJI will want you to do) or buy something that has SDK support and then use an app like DroneDeploy to map and render your area.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic is not compatible with the GS Pro app and we do not recommend using any 3rd-party app to run with the DJI Mavic 3 Classic as we cannot guarantee the stability of the said application on the unit. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules