Camera setting for night shots
1131 3 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erhatd
lvl.1
United States

I noticed when I took night shots, regular still, with the mini 2 they come out little noisy and reddish.
Still looked good.
The I did a 180 panorama shot and the picture quality is much better. It seems the camera is taking longer exposure or more likely does some kind of image stacking.
Does anyone k ow how to use the same camera setting for individual stills?

Thanks
Erhard
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.  To reduce noise, set the ISO value to about 100-200. The ISO value should not exceed 400; otherwise, the image quality will be greatly reduced. If the image is too dark, the right amount of exposure can be achieved by enlarging the aperture, reducing shutter speed, or brightening the photo after it’s been taken. If the noise is still obvious when the ISO value is reduced, please try to reset the camera parameters and try again. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day.
2023-9-15
Use props
erhatd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 04:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out.  To reduce noise, set the ISO value to about 100-200. The ISO value should not exceed 400; otherwise, the image quality will be greatly reduced. If the image is too dark, the right amount of exposure can be achieved by enlarging the aperture, reducing shutter speed, or brightening the photo after it’s been taken. If the noise is still obvious when the ISO value is reduced, please try to reset the camera parameters and try again. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day.

Thanks for the advice, I will try that.
However I checked the camera settings in the metadata and in. Oth cases the iso is 32000. For the better paano shot the exposure says 1sec and for the other one it is 0.5sec.
See attached.
dji_fly_20230914_203616_426_1694748985135_photo_optimized.jpg
dji_fly_20230914_202714_412_1694748484112_pano_optimized.jpg
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

erhatd Posted at 9-15 07:22
Thanks for the advice, I will try that.
However I checked the camera settings in the metadata and in. Oth cases the iso is 32000. For the better paano shot the exposure says 1sec and for the other one it is 0.5sec.
See attached.

You are most welcome. Hope that you also get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members for the best settings for night shots. Excursively, the attached image was stunning, great work! Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules