App crashes when planning offline waypoint mission
1081 17 2023-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Greetings... I have created a few missions on the map on the RC with no issues, however, today, I created one whilst the drone is not connected, but when i went to rename it the screen went blank and I had a message that the app crashed.  I repeated these steps after powering it off then on again, this time the app crashed to a black screen, no message, and I had to reboot the controller to get back to the Fly app ... this happens each time now.  I am on the latest firmware/app version.

Can anyone explain what's wrong....  I am going to try it with the Aircraft connected...

Thanks

2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

And no difference with the aircraft connected....  this is when using the map, not flying the drone to create the waypoints.
2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Northwood Posted at 9-15 08:52
And no difference with the aircraft connected....  this is when using the map, not flying the drone to create the waypoints.

what were you using to make waypoints? litchi?
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Potato mini Posted at 9-15 10:05
what were you using to make waypoints? litchi?

The Fly App... with the Mavic 3 Classic.  No litchi possible because DJI is withholding the release of the SDK.  
2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Northwood Posted at 9-15 14:25
The Fly App... with the Mavic 3 Classic.  No litchi possible because DJI is withholding the release of the SDK.

The mavic 3 classic has waypoints? I though only the Air 3 and the rumored Mini 4 pro had the waypoint system.
2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

have you tried logging out on the RC then signing in again?  
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Potato mini Posted at 9-15 14:36
have you tried logging out on the RC then signing in again?

No... good suggestion. Will give it a go.
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

Potato mini Posted at 9-15 14:35
The mavic 3 classic has waypoints? I though only the Air 3 and the rumored Mini 4 pro had the waypoint system.

Search Mavic 3 waypoints on YT... its been available for quite some time now.  Cheers.
2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Northwood Posted at 9-15 14:38

Or if that didn't work, you might want to uninstall the app on the RC. somewhat risky, but I did it without problem. If you want to uninstall the app, pull down from top twice and go to settings and click Network and internet.  connect to Wi-Fi and then click the network you are on. scroll down to the bottom and click WIFI data usage. next, scroll till you see the DJI fly app icon and click it. Then, click the DJI fly app icon again. It should be in the middle of the screen. click uninstall and the screen will go blank. you won't be able to do anything and will be kinda fricky. plug the RC into a computer and you will get a notification. pull down twice quickly before it disappears. go to settings, click system, then reset options, and click factory reset and it will reset the remote with the fly app reinstalled.  again, somewhat risky as I've only done it once, so be carful

2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Northwood Posted at 9-15 14:39
Search Mavic 3 waypoints on YT... its been available for quite some time now.  Cheers.

Oh. did not know that.
2023-9-15
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Northwood Posted at 9-15 14:38

factory reset or uninstalling the app and then factory reset will reset the firmware back to factory. As a general  rule, I never install the firmware because I've heard too many bad things come from firmware updates, kind of like this.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issues so we can check and provide you with an accurate resolution? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 16:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issues so we can check and provide you with an accurate resolution? You may upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.

Okay, I can do that.  Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I will hold off on the removal suggestion until DJI has their chance to suggest a fix.  

Will post that soon.
2023-9-15
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 16:10

Okay, so to explain further, I created the mission that I clicked on in the attached video.  As i was about to adjust the global speed option the app crashed.  When I went back in, every time i touch that mission, the screen goes black, and in a few seconds, it returns me to the initial app screen.  The other two missions you can see there are okay, I can open them and even delete them, but I cannot delete this bad one, that starts with the word TEST

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=drive_link

Thanks again.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Northwood Posted at 9-15 19:35
Okay, so to explain further, I created the mission that I clicked on in the attached video.  As i was about to adjust the global speed option the app crashed.  When I went back in, every time i touch that mission, the screen goes black, and in a few seconds, it returns me to the initial app screen.  The other two missions you can see there are okay, I can open them and even delete them, but I cannot delete this bad one, that starts with the word TEST

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jEtqL76I5WOJjLnUA8vf3WAt41kwl0Qq/view?usp=drive_link

Thank you for keeping us posted. Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and please try to refresh the firmware of the RC. In addition, please confirm if this issue also happens even if the unit is connected to the RC. Let us know. Thank you for your cooperation.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try this - open the mission thendelete each individual waypoint and poi.
2023-9-17
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Canada

I used Assistant to refresh the firmware, as suggested, and I was this time able to delete the mission in question, however, before I did that, I tired to load it, and the app crashed.  So, something was corrupt in that one mission, I have a few others which I created before and after this bad one, and though i have not flown any of them yet, they seem to load up just fine.  Will be testing one soon.

Thanks all.
2023-9-20
Use props
Carl.Swanson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433717 ft
United States

I'm having a similar issue where the DJI fly app crashes when using the waypoint mode. The app for me is basically unusable when not connected to the drone, I've even had it crash in flight while attempting to load a flight route, fortunately the drone just hovered and hung out while I got the controller going again. I just went and looked in the controller files and it looks to me like old routes aren't actually being deleted from the file structure the visibility of them is just removed from the app. I currently have 3 waypoint flights saved and I have 5-6 waypoint routes still stored in the controller. I've backed up my flight files and now I'll reset the controller and only reload the ones I need and go from there.

*Update*  After a factory reset, none of the waypoint files were removed, so I deleted everything manually. Made new missions and copied my old but renamed kmz files over. Still having issues working with planned flights. Seems to me like the issue is something to do the amount of points on the map. Flights load and it usually crashes when trying to zoom in.

Going to give downloading offline maps a shot to see if I can get this to work correctly
1-3 08:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules