Panoramas out of focus and bad quality
768 8 2023-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miguelcanijo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 496545 ft
Spain

First of all, I don't know why in any panorama mode it doesn't let you select focus. I understand that it will try to go to infinite focus, but practically all the times they are out of focus.

Example 1:

espejo-1054.jpg

Example 2:

espejo-1064.jpg

Full size images:
Image 1
Image 2

I find that the drone tries to capture the pictures in the panorama too fast. I don't know how it is in other models, but these are not acceptable results (the RAW files are out of focus too obviously).

2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please confirm if the focus issue happens also in normal mode or other video modes like QuickShot. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to refresh the current firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-9-15
Use props
miguelcanijo
lvl.3
Spain

As far as I’ve tested, only in panoramas (not all the time), but very frequently. I haven’t tested quickshots as I don’t normally use them, but I will try next.

Thanks for the response. I will try to gather more information.
2023-9-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 16:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please confirm if the focus issue happens also in normal mode or other video modes like QuickShot. You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to refresh the current firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Hi Paladin.

I can also confirm, the pictures taken on sides are blurry many times, like the gimbal is still moving when is capturing the photo.

Talk to engineers to have a look at the condition that gimbal is STEADY at the capture moment...
All panoramas (especially 180 degree ones) made in dimmed light have pretty much blur in side pictures.
Is good to have fast pano, but seems that many times the photo is taken when gimbal (or drone) is still in motion when is getting the picture.

Cheers.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

miguelcanijo Posted at 9-16 11:44
As far as I’ve tested, only in panoramas (not all the time), but very frequently. I haven’t tested quickshots as I don’t normally use them, but I will try next.

Thanks for the response. I will try to gather more information.

You are most welcome, miguel. Please let us know. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-19 00:28
Hi Paladin.

I can also confirm, the pictures taken on sides are blurry many times, like the gimbal is still moving when is capturing the photo.

Hello, Geo. We appreciate your feedback. We will surely forward this to our relevant team for additional information. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-20
Use props
miguelcanijo
lvl.3
Spain

Hi all, I was taking some more panoramas and wide shots this weekend and are all good. No blurry or out focus photos.

The lighting conditions were perfect so maybe that has an impact (or some of the latest updates made the trick). I still feel like it goes really fast taking the pano in general, but if the results are ok, who am I to judge?

I will try some more in sunset conditions, where I appreciated the problems and get back to you (not with the latest firmware).
2023-9-25
Use props
oNabby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 421611 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

miguelcanijo Posted at 9-25 23:30
Hi all, I was taking some more panoramas and wide shots this weekend and are all good. No blurry or out focus photos.

The lighting conditions were perfect so maybe that has an impact (or some of the latest updates made the trick). I still feel like it goes really fast taking the pano in general, but if the results are ok, who am I to judge?

Glad to hear, I just updated mine going to test in a few hours (sunset)

before this update, even on the good lighting condition, mine was out of focus..

gonna test it and give the result..
2023-9-25
Use props
flying-coyotus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105249 ft
France

Hello,
Yes the panorama process is too fast, it was the same problem with Mavic Pro and DJI GO 4.DJI never solved this problem.
Best way is to make the panorama manually.

Thanks

2023-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules