Air 2S
585 5 2023-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Way Down Yonder
lvl.2

Australia

Took my Air 2S out this morning to do some whale watching.  I'm 75' altitude, great signal, about 54% power on a new battery and about 3500 ft. downrange.  I get an "INU needs recalibrating" message.  The next thing I get is four frames of the left front propeller and a freeze frame of it and the sky...good bye.  Previous flight, no problems.  This flight, good takeoff, stabilized with directional and altitute control, then "KER-PLUNK".  What did I do wrong?  Thanks, Rick Shinn
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the drone crashed during this experience? Did you manage to recover the unit? Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-9-15
Use props
Way Down Yonder
lvl.2

Australia

The drone was 3,500 downrange over the ocean.  It now exists among the fishes.  I did have a 125 GB SD card in my smart controller during the entire flight.
2023-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear of your crash.

Your recorded flight data might help solve why the incident occured.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file which you can upload to that site.
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary here or just post the .txt file

One of the more experienced members here can analyze the file and give you an explanation of why this occurred.
2023-9-16
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Were there a lot of ships around you in the water?  I was flying in an area one time where there was a lot of marine traffic and started to have a lot of interference.  As for the IMU having issues Upload the file and see what happened there.  If you had care refresh I would start the process to get a new drone.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Way Down Yonder Posted at 9-15 19:44
The drone was 3,500 downrange over the ocean.  It now exists among the fishes.  I did have a 125 GB SD card in my smart controller during the entire flight.

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. I recommend submitting a Fly away report. Please use this link; https://www.dji.com/global/support. You can also contact our DJI support from the same link for assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules