860 4 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Dear DJI team,

is it not possible to recognize the landing pad by using a small AI routine and to "hit" the Pad it in the middle when landing (perhaps with the help of a scan of the pad and the surrounding area during take off) . Due to the GPS inaccuracy of some centimeters , the propellers in the railings repeatedly mess with the grass, stones or the ground around the landing pad.

Comon DJI, this should be a "piece of cake" for your development team ;-)

2023-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

GPS inaccuracy can be a metre or more, not centimetres.
You don't mention which drone you have, but if yours has the precision landing feature, it is able to recognise the launch spot as long as a few basic steps are followed at launch time.
See your manual to find out if your drone has precision landing.
If it doesn't and you need the drone to land exactly where you want it to, then cancel the autolanding and manually land it exactly where you choose.
2023-9-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where the drone is capable of "Precision Landing" it is probable that Labroides's   "as long as a few basic steps are followed at launch time." amounts to sending the drone up to a height of 7m+ before it makes any horizontal movement.
Regarding this thread being in the "DJI RC Pro" forum, "precision landing" is a capability of the drone and nothing to do with the controller.

2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Air 3 has been the best of all my aircraft at nailing the middle of the landing pad. Make sure you take it to 21' and hover for a few seconds. It might be better than my P4 Advanced.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules