Phantom 4 pro plus - Remote ID firmware update?
2998 10 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e88ec63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130856 ft
United States

Hello, I have seen post with comments about he Phantom 4 pro be made Remote ID compliant with a firmware update?

Is there a confirmation and timeline?

2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans4e88ec63. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro +  that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.
2023-9-16
Use props
fans4e88ec63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130856 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-16 09:31
Hi, fans4e88ec63. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro +  that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.

Thank you for your reply.

The question still remain the same.

Is there a plan to update the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 pro plus (aircraft and plus controller) to add remote ID. If so, what is the timeline.

Just need more clarity if there is a plan or not.
Thanks for the attention.

2023-9-16
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

fans4e88ec63 Posted at 9-16 18:41
Thank you for your reply.

The question still remain the same.

DJI has said that a firmware update for the Phantom 4 Pro V2, Mavic 2 Pro, and a few other older models will be released by the end of the year. For the Phantom line, only the V2 will be updated.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-16 09:31
Hi, fans4e88ec63. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro +  that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.

Hi, fans4e88ec63. For the Phantom 4 series, only Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 will have an update by December 31, 2023, at the latest that is why we suggested purchasing a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro +. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_gDTMNTIYQqIe
lvl.1

Spain

where i can download the firmwares for phantom pro+ v2.0? and how to upload the firmware?
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_gDTMNTIYQqIe Posted at 10-2 04:55
where i can download the firmwares for phantom pro+ v2.0? and how to upload the firmware?

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. You need to download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and install it. You can use the following link to get directed to the DJI download page: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
I hope this video helps:

Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_7OyoVdyddoLn
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-17 07:10
Hi, fans4e88ec63. For the Phantom 4 series, only Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 will have an update by December 31, 2023, at the latest that is why we suggested purchasing a third-party RID module for Phantom 4 Pro +. Thank you for your kind understanding.

once released for the P4P v2, will we be able to update using the Go 4 app?  I'm asking as me and our IT department have been trying to install Assistant 2 for over a month, getting different error codes.  I reached out to DJI support, providing all requested details, etc. and all I get is the default response with installation steps.

TRUST ME....I and our IT Dept know how to install software, so trying to deal with DJI support has/is just a total waste of time.

Therefore, my ONLY option to add Remote ID install, will be the Go 4 app.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_7OyoVdyddoLn Posted at 12-11 12:58
once released for the P4P v2, will we be able to update using the Go 4 app?  I'm asking as me and our IT department have been trying to install Assistant 2 for over a month, getting different error codes.  I reached out to DJI support, providing all requested details, etc. and all I get is the default response with installation steps.

TRUST ME....I and our IT Dept know how to install software, so trying to deal with DJI support has/is just a total waste of time.

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm what computer are you using and the details problem regarding the installation? Please make sure to get the latest version via this link. Furthermore, you may perform the most convenient way to update the firmware and it's via the DJI Go 4 app. Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-16
Use props
THS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43783 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, it's now January14... has this update been released and available through the DJI Go4 app yet?
1-14 10:56
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

THS Posted at 1-14 10:56
Hello, it's now January14... has this update been released and available through the DJI Go4 app yet?

For the Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro V2 were released on Thanksgiving Day. Earlier consumer models of those will apparently not be supported.
1-14 20:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules