A request, could members send me a flight log* from each of their...
629 0 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

drones?

*What I seek is actually the csv of the flight log but only if that csv is produced by either
a) Phantomhelp's logviewer, https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/   ( Airdata csv’s do not contain the information I seek )      or
b) "FlightReader", https://www.flightreader.com          or
c) CsvView, https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html.  ( it would be a bit of a ‘pain’ for you to produce this if you do not already know how to do that )                or
d) for Go, Go4 and pre 1.2.2 Fly app flight logs the actual DJIFlightRecord_YYYY-MM-DD_[hh-mm-ss].txt flight log would work equally as well but please indicate the App's type, I can process those en-masse using the appropriate version of TXTlogToCSVtool, https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sv-converter.70428/  .

I think the easiest way to 'send me' logs would be to upload the DJIFlightRecord_YYYY-MM-DD_[hh-mm-ss].txt flight log to Phantomhelp's logviewer and send the URL for the result to me in a PM.

Why am I asking for these flight logs?
I have become interested in building a 'database' of DJI drone serial numbers, specifically the drone's serial number, the camera's serial number and perhaps the "flight_controller's" serial number. NOTE the flight_controller's serial number IS NOT the serial number of the controller that you hold in your hands. IT IS, I believe, the serial number of something inside the drone.

Why have I developed this interest?
From threads on here and Mavic Pilots etc. I have the csv's of flight logs from 400+ flights that were ‘problematic’ in some way.
I have a program that was written to run on the csv's of my own flight logs. The program summarises, or extracts data from, each flight-log's csv and outputs that information to csv - my “database”. A pilot's logbook of sorts.
A while back I happened to run this program on some of those csv's from problematic flights and sorted the output csv by the drones' serial numbers,  I do that to look for mistakes in my programming. I noticed that two drones had identical drone serial numbers. These drones had differing camera serial numbers which I take to mean they are different drones - this belief stems from that, with my own drones and ignoring glitches in the csv's/logs, the camera serial number for each drone is constant, as is the drone's serial number.
I recently ran the program on all 400+ csv's of problematic flights and there are, in fact, several instance where two drones have the same serial number. The information is not on this computer but there might be seven such instances. From memory they are appearing with pairs of Mini 3 Pro drone log and pairs of some of the Mavic 3 series drones logs, possibly only one model of Mavic 3. These do not appear to be glitches in my progreamming as I have checked the actual csv's.
I would like to enlarge the number of drones in that 'database' to see how frequently this possible duplication of serial numbers occurs, I suppose one reason for the apparent duplication of serial numbers is that the original drone could have been sent to somewhere, possibly for repair/replacement, and that its good bits have been used to replace defective/damaged bits in other drones.

I have no particular interest in the drone's location etc. so a log created by, indoors, starting the drone's motors with the CSC and letting the motors idle for a few seconds then stopping the motors is fine. Most indoor 'flights' will not have location data in their flight log. If you 'fly' such a 'flight' indoors could you, to rurther 'anonomise' the log change any personalised name of the drone to the default or just the drone's model BEFORE you fly the drone.

THE DATABASE WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE.

In truth I doubt that many people will supply logs/csv's but if I don't ask ...........

If you got this far thanks for reading.

2023-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules