657 20 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Couple of weeks ago, my Maic 3 did this (it was in forwrd flight with a fair amount of throttle applied to clear the trees)

Thought little more of it, and put it down to a possible bird strike from underneath, as absolutely no witness marks on the aircraft. Reviewing the flight logs, the drone did actually turn left 90 degrees (which the gimbal mostly hides), before turning forward again, with no other inputs from me.

Then a couple of days ago, similar occurance, though more dramatic.  I was in forward flight only for the first 5s of so of this clip, then I tried to raise the altitude.

Again, flight logs show the drone yawing sharply left, with no stick inputs from me telling it to do so.

I've checked the raw footage frame by frame and not hitting anything in the field of vission of the camera.
2023-9-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you post the flight data for each flight, it will help understand what happened (and didn't happen).

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2023-9-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, the second one is impressive.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please try to calibrate the gimbal via the DJI Fly app and check whether the issue persists. Furthermore, please confirm what happened prior to the said issue, did the unit experience a hard landing or did you update the firmware? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-16
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No hard landings prior to these 2 events, or since.  In between the 2 events, the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro got a firmware update.

I don't think its a gimbal issue, its the gimbal fighting the fact that the drones head has suddenly, inexplicably pointed to around 90 degrees left.

I think I'll contact support on this one, as I think it might be one of the ESC's desyncing.
2023-9-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not post the log as suggested in post #2, it might help to determine what actually happened and in so doing reduce the guess work.
If you are reluctant to post the flight log or don't know how to post the flight log just say so.
2023-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-17 01:14
Why not post the log as suggested in post #2, it might help to determine what actually happened and in so doing reduce the guess work.
If you are reluctant to post the flight log or don't know how to post the flight log just say so.

I have already analysed the flight logs that the controller stores, as per original post.

The drone's head changes direction violently, and actually hits around 38mph very briefly (this is in Normal).  And this happens despite no stick input for yaw.
2023-9-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 03:29
I have already analysed the flight logs that the controller stores, as per original post.

The drone's head changes direction violently, and actually hits around 38mph very briefly (this is in Normal).  And this happens despite no stick input for yaw.

You said that.
But if you want anyone to help, you have to let them look at the data for themselves.
They could confirm your assessment or they might see things that you didn't.
And they need more detail than you've given.
2023-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neither of these 2 flight logs are going to get posted publicly, because the first one shows my address here in Northamptonshire, and the 2nd shows a relative's home address in Scotland.  That's not the sort of information it is sensible to put out into the public domain, especially when the logs have no valid info beyond the 1st post.

So, if nobody believes both cases to be unseen bird attacks without leaving any marks, I'll just report it direct to DJI to get them to check it out.  After the 2nd time, I'm wary to use it until checked out.
2023-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-17 05:51
Why bother asking for assistance if you are unwilling to provide the logs necessary to properly access the situation?  Do you truly believe you are so interesting that people from all over the globe will gather together for nefarious purposes directed at you & your relative?  Since you obviously don't want help just send the drone to DJI.  Be warned though that DJI will have access to the logs & the Ministry of State Security may set their sights on you & your relative.

Well, thanks for the hostile reply, you've reminded me why I rarely use this forum.

I was hoping somebody here might have seen similar before, just by the way the drone behaved. But clearly not, which is fine, it can go back to DJI.

I personally do not want to post my personal address online, and it's only fair I don't post my Aunt's address either.  Other than that, I couldn't care less about my flight logs being public after the event.  Its just unfortunate that both these flights started from locations I don't want to make permanently public, for privacy reasons.
2023-9-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 06:34
Well, thanks for the hostile reply, you've reminded me why I rarely use this forum.

To answer your question to the forum, no, this has never happened to me before but other anomalies have. Guess you could take a poll?
2023-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 06:34

You do know that you can redact the information you want to keep hidden?
2023-9-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deleted, quoted the wrong person.
2023-9-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 03:29

What some people consider "reviewing the log" is looking at a replay of the flight in the app rather than looking at the actual data in the log.
Besides, even if you have actually gone through the data some folks have the ability to pull seeming unconnected data together to give an explanation for problems.

However if you are reluctant to post the log, fair enough. Best of luck in determining what and more importantly why it happened.
2023-9-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 05:19
Neither of these 2 flight logs are going to get posted publicly, because the first one shows my address here in Northamptonshire, and the 2nd shows a relative's home address in Scotland.  That's not the sort of information it is sensible to put out into the public domain, especially when the logs have no valid info beyond the 1st post.

Neither of these 2 flight logs are going to get posted publicly,
Then don't come here asking for help.
if you aren't interested in helping people who are will in to help you, you can go jump.

because the first one shows my address here in Northamptonshire, and the 2nd shows a relative's home address in Scotland.  That's not the sort of information it is sensible to put out into the public domain, especially when the logs have no valid info beyond the 1st post.
And I was so hoping to find the address of your top secret relative in Scotland too, but you saw right through my plan.
Now I'll just have to scour Google Earth to find where you may have flown from.

Who do you think you are fooling?
No-one cares where you flew from.

So, if nobody believes both cases to be unseen bird attacks without leaving any marks,
Bird attacks can happen, but they are quite rare.
And they would leave clear evidence in the flight data for someone who knows what they are looking for.
There are other much more likely explanations for your incident.

I'll just report it direct to DJI to get them to check it out.  After the 2nd time, I'm wary to use it until checked out.
There's probably nothing at all wrong with your drone, but you'll never find out.

2023-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FFS, I am not going to publish my address, and the address of any relative or friend on a public forum, for any bot to pick up and harvest. What is wrong with you lot?

It was a simple query, did anybody have any ideas.  If you don't, fine, just STFU then.  I have stated that I do not want to publicly advertise my or my relative's address for bots or anything else to harvest, because that is beyond stupid.  Live with it, get over it, move on.

I repeat, you and others have reminded my why I never bother with this place.  Its full of fanbois who think the Mini 3 Pro has a perfect signal, and time wasters.

Consider this thread closed, unless somebody has a valid theory on what might possibly have happened.  If the theory is plausible, I will double check it in the logs.
2023-9-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 08:55
FFS, I am not going to publish my address, and the address of any relative or friend on a public forum, for any bot to pick up and harvest. What is wrong with you lot?

It was a simple query, did anybody have any ideas.  If you don't, fine, just STFU then.  I have stated that I do not want to publicly advertise my or my relative's address for bots or anything else to harvest, because that is beyond stupid.  Live with it, get over it, move on.

We can't until the logs are shown. It's something extremely rare to see and believe it or not, your findings/evidence may allow DJI to investigate and stop this from happening, perhaps even stop a drone from one day crashing and hurting someone in the same circumstances.

The irony is that you've drawn attention to the location and NOW people are interested in why you're keen to not disclose. You've accidentally succumbed to the Streisand Effect.

No bot is going to scoop up some map/flight data and get anything meaningful out of it. What you're probably scared of is the flight showing you flew BVLOS, over 400ft or something incriminating. But now you've drawn so much attention to it, everyone will be interested in the location.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure, with about 30 mins on Google Maps, I could find these two locations based off the video.
2023-9-17
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's fine, I'm sure DJI will review the logs when they look into it.  As said, the hope was somebody had seen it before, and had a good theory.

The logs are being kept private for privacy reasons.  It can be clearly seen that height was way, way, way below 120m, at the distance was not at the sort of distances I'd be concerned about what the do-gooders think.  And, yes, bots can download the attachments are work out personal details.  I could script that in less than 30 minutes if I wanted.
2023-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Out of all the HUNDREDS of logs shared here and Mavic Pilots, I never remember reading one instance where the info has been used maliciously!!! I'm sure if it ever had happened, it would be all over every forum!!
2023-9-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 10:50
That's fine, I'm sure DJI will review the logs when they look into it.  As said, the hope was somebody had seen it before, and had a good theory.

The logs are being kept private for privacy reasons.  It can be clearly seen that height was way, way, way below 120m, at the distance was not at the sort of distances I'd be concerned about what the do-gooders think.  And, yes, bots can download the attachments are work out personal details.  I could script that in less than 30 minutes if I wanted.

I didn’t go on the hunt for the location in Google, in case you’re concerned, but the exif data in the photos you’ve previously posted has enough info help me identify you, your job and stuff you post online, so the personal data cat is already long out the bag.

The flight log data is the least of your worries JL.
2023-9-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TheBoy Posted at 9-17 08:55
FFS, I am not going to publish my address, and the address of any relative or friend on a public forum, for any bot to pick up and harvest. What is wrong with you lot?

It was a simple query, did anybody have any ideas.  If you don't, fine, just STFU then.  I have stated that I do not want to publicly advertise my or my relative's address for bots or anything else to harvest, because that is beyond stupid.  Live with it, get over it, move on.

No-one had any idea that you flew from the home of your aunt who is in the witness protection program, until you blabbed about it.
Until then it would have just been an anonymous geographical location.
The folks who can actually read flight data, don't give a toss where you flew from.

I have stated that I do not want to publicly advertise my or my relative's address for bots or anything else to harvest, because that is beyond stupid.
What's stupid is a tosser who asks for help, but doesn't want any potential helper to actually see the flight data, and then whinges about people who would have helped.

Its full of fanbois who think the Mini 3 Pro has a perfect signal, and time wasters.
Speaking of timewasters .....

Consider this thread closed, unless somebody has a valid theory on what might possibly have happened.  If the theory is plausible, I will double check it in the logs.
Give up pal ... anyone who has a guess, won't solve your flight incident mystery.
The people who could help, don't make guesses.

2023-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules