Does DJI actually respect Flyaway coverage?
799 9 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunseekerfoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 494672 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I bought this case up for my friend Kai, who is one of my photography students and doesn't speak English and not a techie.
Kai bought a Mini 3 Pro and two-year Care Refresh. He has only one drone, and of course only one RC that came with the drone. A couple weeks ago he had a flyaway and filed a flyaway report. (CAS-14182683-N3V8W4). However, he was told that because he had unbound the aircraft with remote controller and his DJI account so he is not covered under Care Refresh Flyaway Replacement Service. Kai has no idea how could this happen, nor does he know there is a way to unbind his account with the drone and RC. It is also unlogic for him to unbind his only drone and RC.

This case made me concerned about DJI care refresh, especiall flyaway coverage.  For normal customers, who buy Care Refresh, and naturally think they are covered but when accidents do happend, they are caught by surprise. In this case, Kai had only one DJI drone, it makes absolutely no sense to unbind his his drone with RC and his account. How could this happen? If he did accidentally did it, shouldn't it pop up some warning that unbinding means no coverage or whatsoever? Is the system/app designed intentionally to make "unbound' happen easily?

Kai replied the email from DJI and hasn't got a feedback, as he is leaving for a photography trip in a few days, he is very upset.

I, myself, mostly have had good experience with DJI service (never had a flyaway anyway). As a teacher and mentor of many photogrpahy friends, I always suggest my students/friends buy Care Refresh with their drones, but this case made me doubt if DJI actually respects their commitment. I'm sorry I have to bring up this case here and maybe to other social medias if necessary.

Henry

2023-9-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My question would be, did he bind the drone and controller in the first place?
I don't have care refresh so it may well be a daft question and binding may be automatic when buying care-refesh/fly-away.
2023-9-16
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

DJI doesn't really care too much about their customers once they have the money.
2023-9-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Yes they do. Many instances where they have here on the forum. BUT, you must follow the conditions. Open a support ticket and submit the logs for them to examine. It could very well be a warranty case. It sounds like it.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This case is being handled by a higher team, and we'll notify them for further assistance. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Potato mini Posted at 9-16 13:17
DJI doesn't really care too much about their customers once they have the money.

Hi there, we are sorry if you encountered any trouble with our service. If it is convenient, please tell me the details and I will try to help. Look forward to your reply.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_UgUI48RvwSFn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10938967 ft
United States

I just lost my Mavic 3 when it lost signal and flew into the Ohio river. I don’t have care refresh, so I was wondering if anyone knows if DJI will cover that as a flyaway?
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_UgUI48RvwSFn Posted at 9-21 13:29
I just lost my Mavic 3 when it lost signal and flew into the Ohio river. I don’t have care refresh, so I was wondering if anyone knows if DJI will cover that as a flyaway?

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. We recommend that you contact our support team and start a flyaway case through the link below and our team will help you further. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-9-21
Use props
djiuser_UgUI48RvwSFn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10938967 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-21 17:20
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the accident. We recommend that you contact our support team and start a flyaway case through the link below and our team will help you further. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support

Ok, thank you.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome, please let us know if you need further assistance during the process, we are glad to help.
2023-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules