My Air 2s RID is not broadcasting on phone drone apps.
1833 15 2023-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4803 ft
United States

I have a DJI Air-2s it actual show a remote ID serial number on the control About menu and it also show Remote ID functionality normal (code 1B080003) but, it does not show it broadcasting in the Drone Scanner App or Open Drone Id App. Also in the FAA DOC when inputing the remote ID found on the controller it has a an error that ID number not in their data base?  Do anyone else have this problem with their Air-2s?  Is there another frimware update coming that will activate the RID boradcast to see it on the phone apps?
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cpang. Thank you for reaching out. How did you get the Remote ID? For DJI Air 2S, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the aircraft serial number

For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits will be 20.

You can get the Remote ID serial number of these drones in the following 2 ways:

Ÿ1. Remote ID Serial number inside the DJI flight control app. (Under About Settings)
2. Remote ID Serial number inside “Available networks” of the WLAN Note.
2023-9-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

The FAA does not have a working database which contains a list of drone serial numbers eligible for RID.
2023-9-17
Use props
Cpang
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-17 06:56
Hi, Cpang. Thank you for reaching out. How did you get the Remote ID? For DJI Air 2S, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the aircraft serial number

For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits will be 20.

Hi DJI Gamora,
Under About setting I see a Remote ID SN number for my Air 2s: 1581F3YTSJ3S0030RC70. Which exactly 20 digits. But when I go to the FAA DOC site to check if this remote ID s/n is in their data base it tell it not. So, will DJI add my remote ID s/n for my Air S2 so it can be complainant as DJI say the Air 2s already has a RID built in.
When I go to my DJI Fly App on my controller and click ready to fly it say it has white dot Remote ID Functionality Normal( code 1B080003 ) what does this code mean?

Thanks!

2023-9-17
Use props
Cpang
lvl.1
United States

Cpang Posted at 9-17 10:23
Hi DJI Gamora,
Under About setting I see a Remote ID SN number for my Air 2s: 1581F3YTSJ3S0030RC70. Which exactly 20 digits. But when I go to the FAA DOC site to check if this remote ID s/n is in their data base it tell it not. So, will DJI add my remote ID s/n for my Air S2 so it can be complainant as DJI say the Air 2s already has a RID built in.
When I go to my DJI Fly App on my controller and click ready to fly it say it has white dot Remote ID Functionality Normal( code 1B080003 ) what does this code mean?

Hi DJI Gamora,
I check again today if my AIR 2S RID was broadcasting to the phone Apps and it is broadcasting my RID S/N. So, everything is fine with my drone RID.

Thanks,
Cpang
2023-9-17
Use props
Cpang
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-17 08:43
The FAA does not have a working database which contains a list of drone serial numbers eligible for RID.

I when to the FAA DOC site there you can see if your model, brand, and serial# if it listed as compliant.
My serial number as today shows it not showing in the data base. But I check my AIR 2S and today it broadcast RID S/N# to the phone app and working fine.                                                        
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Thanks!

2023-9-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cpang Posted at 9-17 11:25
I when to the FAA DOC site there you can see if your model, brand, and serial# if it listed as compliant.
My serial number as today shows it not showing in the data base. But I check my AIR 2S and today it broadcast RID S/N# to the phone app and working fine.                                                        
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

That's because you're not looking at a list of serial numbers in a database that shows compliance.  You're looking at a list of serial numbers printed on a piece of paper.  The FAA DoC site does not contain a database of compliance serial numbers.  It is simply a list of data sent to them by DJI (and others).  There is no database containing compliant serial numbers.  As you have found out, your drone is broadcasting and it does not have an accurate DoC.  While you need to have a DoC in order to have a compliant drone, you don't need a DoC to be transmitting RID.  And you don't need to have an accurate DoC in order to be transmitting RID.  The DoC is just a piece of paper, it has nothing to do with your drone functionality.

Even if you try to use the FAA Serial Number lookup, you'll find that to be broken as well.
2023-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You are misreading the DOC, your SN IS in the range - 1581F3YTSJ3S0030RC70 is yours, the range starts 1581F3YT000000000000 Your original SN is 3YTSJ3S0030RC7, the 1581F and trailing 0 were added by the FAA as RID ready designators.
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Cpang Posted at 9-17 10:23
Hi DJI Gamora,
When I go to my DJI Fly App on my controller and click ready to fly it say it has white dot Remote ID Functionality Normal( code 1B080003 ) what does this code mean?

Hi, Cpang. The code 1B080003 means that the Remote ID is functioning. Regarding the FAA Doc, please refer to the explanation of our Captains above. I hope this clarifies your concern. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-9-18
Use props
Joe B
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87894 ft
United States

DJI, Is there any way or option that the DJI RID could use to  allow the options that Drone Beacon deploys in its RID module.  THe ability to not allow it to broadcast to Cell Phones would go a long way to protecting the identity and rights of Drone Pilots in the US but would still allow Law Enforcement / Government agencies to monitor traffic.  This is where I got this from and the source of my question:   

Thank You
2023-9-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Joe,

DJI has gained certification for it's implementation of RID on the Air 2S.  Not only is it technically too late to re-certify but I believe what you are asking for isn't exactly allowed also.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_ ... /documentID/1038502
2023-9-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Joe B Posted at 9-21 11:16
DJI, Is there any way or option that the DJI RID could use to  allow the options that Drone Beacon deploys in its RID module.  THe ability to not allow it to broadcast to Cell Phones would go a long way to protecting the identity and rights of Drone Pilots in the US but would still allow Law Enforcement / Government agencies to monitor traffic.  This is where I got this from and the source of my question:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_6hm2t2lo

Thank You

In a word - NO!!!
2023-9-21
Use props
Blage_487
New
Flight distance : 32441 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-9-18 07:58
Hi, Cpang. The code 1B080003 means that the Remote ID is functioning. Regarding the FAA Doc, please refer to the explanation of our Captains above. I hope this clarifies your concern. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

I see the same code for my Mavic Air 2, until I take off, but my drone scanner app and wifi settings do not pick up the signal, even when the code is showing. Could DJIs test for the RID be incorrect? I would like to trust the app if it says my RID is functioning, but if I can't see it, how can others(authorities)?
1-11 12:03
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Blage_487 Posted at 1-11 12:03
I see the same code for my Mavic Air 2, until I take off, but my drone scanner app and wifi settings do not pick up the signal, even when the code is showing. Could DJIs test for the RID be incorrect? I would like to trust the app if it says my RID is functioning, but if I can't see it, how can others(authorities)?

It can take several minutes for the RID app to see the drone.
1-11 12:15
Use props
Blage_487
New
Flight distance : 32441 ft

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-11 12:15
It can take several minutes for the RID app to see the drone.

I have waited 15 minutes and the app still does not pick up the signal. However when I turn on a RID module, the app detects it right away. This makes me think that the issue is with DJIs RID. Now I am thinking my understanding was incorrect on the DOC. See how the Mavic 3 Pro has a range of SNs and the Mavic Air 2 just states the beginning of the range and the end (only those two SNs are in the CSV). Does this mean that the Mavic Air 2 is still not in the FAAs database?

1-11 14:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Blage_487 Posted at 1-11 12:03

Hello, there. There are several ways to check if the Remote ID is working properly.

Way 1: Remote ID status display on the DJI flight control app
Way 2: Remote ID status display on the DJI Goggles (For aircraft models that support DJI Goggles series)
Way 3: Remote ID serial number displayed in “Available networks” of the WLAN
1-13 03:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules