584 9 2023-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C-mo-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119823 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, Im probably suffering from HUA ( Head up Ass), and being an old man, but would someone kindly guide me on how I can aquire more points so I can move up in rank, I have a ton of drone air mileage. In my humble opinion that should get you something.... even a half a point for flying these things. I also, own just about every drone DJI has, again, maybe a half a point. Been a member on this site for quite sometime, another half a point. See where Im going with this. Its got to be easier to advance, other than spending an exorbant amount of time on the site making an submitting coments about the industry. Ive got my 107, again, a half a point. Im saying this respectfully, but the advancement system should be revamped. Its served a purpose for quite sometime an it has been very effective. But, in my opinion it needs to be brought up to speed with the current times. I believe, again, respectfully submitting to you, I should be promoted to captain, just based on my part 107, an the flight miles I have. Not to mention that Im a really nice guy too. Just having fun with moderators, please dont be offended. Its all meant to be nice an a little ribbing. Hope you all have a great rest of your day an thank you for taking the time to read my post. Very respectfully,

CD
2023-9-17
Use props
dewitg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700860 ft
Spain

Hi C-mo-D

I am not a moderator by any means, just a humble apprentice with fewer flight hours than you, but perhaps I can give you my point of view on your claim.

I understand the rank you are referring to as a DJI forum user rank (it will not give you more options or more real flight experience) so the rank is related to your participation and contribution in the forum, the mere fact Entering to read, write, either asking questions or helping to resolve doubts, will give you points with which to advance. In my case, just the fact of trying to stay informed almost daily has brought me to a not inconsiderable rank, although I really don't brings me much more than pride.

In the forum you will find a list of the value in points that each action adds.

I hope this has been helpful to you

Greetings

Dewitg

2023-9-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm sure that you've realised by now, that the "ranking" system on the forum has little - if anything- to do with flight time/distance/experience.  It's a measure of participation in the forum itself.
As with anything in life, you get out what you put in.  Contributions to the "Works" section, helpful advice to other forum participants, making observations in discussions, and even posing pertinent questions of your own, will eventually boost you up the rankings.
So far as points are concerned, they do accumulate for each post made. But most people quickly realise that it will never make them a fortune
I've been a happy DJI drone user for more than six years now, and enjoy participating in the forum regularly. Getting to see wonderful footage of parts of the world I'm unlikely ever to visit.
I'm on my 5th drone, to date, and post my own humble offerings when I can.
Why not give it a go yourself?
2023-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-18 13:37
I'm sure that you've realised by now, that the "ranking" system on the forum has little - if anything- to do with flight time/distance/experience.  It's a measure of participation in the forum itself.
As with anything in life, you get out what you put in.  Contributions to the "Works" section, helpful advice to other forum participants, making observations in discussions, and even posing pertinent questions of your own, will eventually boost you up the rankings.
So far as points are concerned, they do accumulate for each post made. But most people quickly realise that it will never make them a fortune

Well written and spot on.  What you say is backed up by the Preamble to the Forum Rules and Regulations found here.  

"DJI community is an innovative platform created by DJI for product information exchange and sharing among the users.   These DJI communities will always follow the philosophy  of "respect the dream, the pursuit of pure". Our main purpose for this  forum is to hear firsthand from our customers of their joys, creations,  projects, and insights. Please keep in mind this is not a place to  simply air your grievances. We encourage helpful discussion above all  else."
2023-9-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-19 11:51
Well written and spot on.  What you say is backed up by the Preamble to the Forum Rules and Regulations found here.  

"DJI community is an innovative platform created by DJI for product information exchange and sharing among the users.   These DJI communities will always follow the philosophy  of "respect the dream, the pursuit of pure". Our main purpose for this  forum is to hear firsthand from our customers of their joys, creations,  projects, and insights. Please keep in mind this is not a place to  simply air your grievances. We encourage helpful discussion above all  else."

I'm pretty sure the OP wrote his piece with tongue in cheek
But it's obvious that there a far more observers, than participants, in the forum.
It's up to the die-hards to keep it ticking over
2023-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-20 00:46
I'm pretty sure the OP wrote his piece with tongue in cheek
But it's obvious that there a far more observers, than participants, in the forum.
It's up to the die-hards to keep it ticking over

Pretty sure you are right about the tongue in cheek.  This is a much better forum that many, many others though.  Just wish the spammers would give up and stay away.  
2023-9-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-20 13:07
Pretty sure you are right about the tongue in cheek.  This is a much better forum that many, many others though.  Just wish the spammers would give up and stay away.

Considering the criteria there are for setting up an account, it baffles me just how the spammers are consistently able to infiltrate so easily.
2023-9-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-20 22:29
Considering the criteria there are for setting up an account, it baffles me just how the spammers are consistently able to infiltrate so easily.

I would venture to say that 99% of the spammers don't even have a drone.  With respect to setting up an account it is relatively easy.  Just think back about a few of the forum members that had 3 and 4 accounts.  One account would get banned and they'd just use another account to post under.  It's not like the account is tied to a drone serial number and it's easy to spoof IP addresses so virtually impossible to keep all spammers out.
2023-9-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-21 03:15
I would venture to say that 99% of the spammers don't even have a drone.  With respect to setting up an account it is relatively easy.  Just think back about a few of the forum members that had 3 and 4 accounts.  One account would get banned and they'd just use another account to post under.  It's not like the account is tied to a drone serial number and it's easy to spoof IP addresses so virtually impossible to keep all spammers out.

Depressing really, isn't it
2023-9-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-21 03:59
Depressing really, isn't it

It certainly is.    There just has to be a way to keep spammers out permanently  but if there is it appears nobody has figured that out yet.  So I just keep reporting them to hopefully discourage them from returning under a new user name.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules