Battery trouble - good cells, tried everything, no luck!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomzPilotz
New

Greece

Hya!

Have tried almost everything people recommend with no luck... so thought I'd see if there are any other tricks left...

Took my P4 out of storage, with all three batteries charged to around 60%. Tested the batteries, they all turned on fine with 2 or 3 leds. The next day I try to charge them and that's where the fun begins.
Two of them didn't light up at all (even when just trying to turn them on), the other lit up but had trouble charging.
I opened them up:
- one battery, one cell was dead and wouldn't charge, so that's dead
- the other two batteries, I charged up with a NiMh charger to around 3.8v/cell (no major imbalances between cells)
- shorted the reset pin which made the LEDs turn on as expected
- now the batteries turn on and stay on, showing one solid LED (I find this strange as one of them has just over 15v, I'd expect more LEDs)
- however, when I plug them into the charger LED1 flashes quickly around 15 times, then turns off, then repeats and so on
- I also tried what many recommend: press power button once, leave for 5 minutes, plug into charger and leave for hours. No luck, LED just flashes quickly

Can't find many references to this specific symptom (LED1 flashing many times quickly)...

Any idea what this means or what I can do about it?

Thanks!
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PhantomzPilotz. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-19 07:21
Hi, PhantomzPilotz. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Hi, PhantomzPilotz. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team would like to ask for a video showing the operation and issue so that they can further check. Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-23
Use props
Tizzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1307247 ft

United States

Read about BQstudio instead, before you "open up" your batteries.  You are trying to defeat a necessary safety feature.
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules