Cannot activate
1583 3 2023-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thany
lvl.1

Netherlands

So apparently a camera these days requires activation. What a world we live in huh? Apart from principle, there are some things fundamentally wrong with the way DJI handles it:

1. It requires an app that, at least in my country, doesn't exist in the Play store.
2. It allegedly only works on a whitelist of compatible phones.
3. It doesn't work on a pc.

More importantly, the activation being there is wrong to begin with. It's a piece of hardware like any other. It shouldn't need activation. It doesn't advantage the customer in any way.

My questions are as follows:

1. What exactly is the advantage of activation *for the customer*
2. Why was it done this way (see three points above)?
3. What can I do to circumvent activation? Possibly by putting a file on the SD card, similar to updating the firmware without phone.

If this cannot be solved, I'm afraid I'm going to have to return the device and get my money back. I have roughly 2 weeks to make that decision, as per consumer protection law. If this issue isn't solved by then, I have to return it.

2023-9-18
Use props
thany
lvl.1

Netherlands

Update: I registered this device at my local seller for RMA (money back) already, just in case this issue isn't going to get solved. If it does, I will cancel the RMA.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thany. Thank you for reaching out. You'll need to activate the device for you to use all the features it has to offer. You may try using DJI Pocket 2 without activating the device. But it needs to be used when used by itself. Note that if you connect DJI Pocket 2 to the DJI Mimo app before activation, you have to activate it for further use with the app. You will need to activate it after the 5 chances have been used before it can be used. The application is available on our website and you can download it for free (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo). Regretfully, there's no other way to activate the device.  Please activate your DJI Pocket 2 as follows:
1. Download and install the DJI Mimo app to your mobile phone.
2. Remove the cover on the universal port. Then connect the mobile phone to the DJI Pocket 2 with a smartphone adapter. Press and hold the function button or power button to power the gimbal.
3. The DJI Mimo app will automatically prompt that the device needs to be activated.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the DJI Pocket 2.
You can watch the tutorial video to learn how to activate the product at: (Time: 2:52). Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-9-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

While I am happy with the Pocket 2 now that I have managed to activate it, I have to agree on your opinions otherwise. I cannot see why it is made this way.
2023-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules