Pocket 2 for Bungee Jumping?
518 3 2023-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivancym
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114098 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, did anyone ever brought the pocket 2 for bungee jumping? I know action cam like osmo action/go pro should be a better choice for it. But I only got the pocket 2 :,(
Any one got similar experiences? Thanks.
2023-9-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have a distant memory that the Pocket 2 is designed to shut down or otherwise go into "gimbal protect mode" when dropped.  That alone might be enough to render it unsuitable for this purpose.  Remember, it's not an action camera in any way.  But see what other advice you get.  I speak as a non-bungee-jumper...
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. The Pocket 2 is made to be used as a vlogging camera or for regular video/photo shooting only and does not have an accessory to have it attached to something. It was not tested or optimized for such scenarios as bungee jumping but I hope your fellow users can share their insights. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As others have quoted, the Pocket 2 is not an action cam in the traditional sense of the word and might not work for this scenario. But no personal experience on this, so I could be wrong.

One word of warning though. If you do mount the Pocket 2 on something to try this, then DO NOT attach it using the tripod thread adapters, as they are not designed to handle vibrations, impacts etc. and the Pocket 2 could get loose from it if those happen; use the Osmo Pocket to action camera mount adapter instead. I had the Pocket 2 attached to my bicycle's handlebar with the tripod screw thread adapter, but when I drove into a pothole, the Pocket 2 got loose from the adapter due to the impact and fell onto the tarmac. I did have it replaced to a working one with the DJI Care service, but if that is too much for it, then things could get very ugly for the camera if you tried attaching it with the tripod mount adapter for the bungee jump.
2023-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules