Signal
565 8 2023-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hifirst post here so please be patient. I'm looking at an external phone holder so that the phone sits above the controls as it feels more natural that way. My question is, will having the phone closer to the antennae affect the signal between controller and drone? It seems unlikely to me, but I just want to check before my lovely new (to me) drone flies off into the distance.
Thanks in advance
Ethan

2023-9-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are a multitude of such thing, google "Mavic mini" or "Mavic 2 Pro" "phone holder" and  eBay.
That said I wouldn't mask the controls especially the RTH button but that's a personal choice. I haven't read of the location of he screen device causing problems but ........ no guarantees.
Most flyaways are probably down to pilot error e.g.
a) starting the drone and launching near magnetic metals that screw up the drone's sense of heading. Prior to launch the check/test for that is, apparently' to check that the indicated headling of the drone in the map matches the real heading.
b) Flying in, or climbing into,wind that is too strong, remember wind speed generally increases with height. This includes setting RTH heights that send the drone up into strong wind.
c) Launching the drone before it get sufficient GPS satellites to establish the home point at the take off point and then NOT correcting it when the drone does, finally, establish a home point somewhere else. Because of trees I often have to launch without a home point having been set and fly away a bit to get the drone to somewhere where it has a clear view of the sky and sets the home point there. I then bring the drone back over head and reset the home point.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ethan. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ethan. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that you may put the mobile phone above the RC as long as it doesn't block the antenna, it should be fine. Hope this helps.
2023-9-20
Use props
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-20 05:03
Hi, Ethan. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.

Hi, I’m struggling to find the create new post button on here so I hope you don’t mind me using this. I bought my drone 2nd hand, but the seller has not unbound the drone from his account. I bought it on eBay and the email address looks similar to his eBay name so I’m pretty sure it’s legit. However, he won’t answer my request to unbind. Probably because it wasn’t a smooth sale. Any idea what I can do?
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eb154 Posted at 9-27 03:13
Hi, I’m struggling to find the create new post button on here so I hope you don’t mind me using this. I bought my drone 2nd hand, but the seller has not unbound the drone from his account. I bought it on eBay and the email address looks similar to his eBay name so I’m pretty sure it’s legit. However, he won’t answer my request to unbind. Probably because it wasn’t a smooth sale. Any idea what I can do?

Hi, eb154. Thank you for reaching out. You'll need to have <20 points to post a new thread. Regarding the unbinding process, unfortunately, only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. If you can't contact the previous owner or if he can't remember the email he used, please contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support and send them the proof of purchase and the SN of the drone. If you have the proof of purchase, they can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. They will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind for you. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-28
Use props
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 04:39
Hi, eb154. Thank you for reaching out. You'll need to have

Thanks for this, but I’m not sure which section to choose in the online form. Email would be so much easier
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

eb154 Posted at 9-28 05:10
Thanks for this, but I’m not sure which section to choose in the online form. Email would be so much easier

Hi, eb154. For email support, you can reach them at support@dji.com and expect a reply within 12 hours. Hope this helps.
2023-9-28
Use props
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 16:04
Hi, eb154. For email support, you can reach them at  and expect a reply within 12 hours. Hope this helps.

Many thanks, but I just picked one and went for it. They were brilliant and got me through to the right person. They have contacted the original owner so I’m hoping he’ll respond in kind. Thanks a lot for your help.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules