App Sign In
479 3 2023-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobsMn60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22779 ft
United States

I have a DJI Mavic Air 2. I think it's a fantastic drone. Easy to fly, great pictures and it's duarble. With that said, I purchased the drone in 2022 mainly a packrafting expedition on the Hoholitna River in Alaska. We used the drone for pictures and to check ahead for log jams on the river and alternative "braids" we could paddle through. Worked great, saved us a few times and the pictures were great. For 2023 we went back to Alaska to paddle and fish the Wulik River which is a few hundred miles above the artic circle, so no trees. I updated my firmware and charged everything a week before we left. Once I took the drone out to take some picture and to spot for some Grizzly Bears, the app wanted me to sign in. Having no internet available prevented me from being able to sign in. This handcuffed the drone to severly limited altitude and distance. This really made the drone ineffective and not worth the weight of hauling in when your counting ounces. This was with the same phone I had since I purchased the drone, a Galaxy S20 FE.  My suggestion is not to require an internet connection to sign into the app when it's on the same phone as it's always been. Actually I really don't know the point of requiring an internet signin. At the time, I was really upset.
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. To ensure flight safety, the FlySafe Database will be updated from time to time, which requires users to connect to the Internet. Thus, a prompt for account login is displayed to remind users to connect to the network. If you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-9-19
Use props
BobsMn60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22779 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply. Might I suggest adding some type of short term bypass like maybe 120 minutes of flight time or even 60 minutes rather than nothing. A warning would have been nice. Even an email notification ahead of time that I was idle for too long and needed to login would have been nice. I updated the firmware a week or two before I left so I am pretty sure I was in the app withing the last 30 days. Maybe not.
2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BobsMn60 Posted at 9-20 15:11
Thanks for the reply. Might I suggest adding some type of short term bypass like maybe 120 minutes of flight time or even 60 minutes rather than nothing. A warning would have been nice. Even an email notification ahead of time that I was idle for too long and needed to login would have been nice. I updated the firmware a week or two before I left so I am pretty sure I was in the app withing the last 30 days. Maybe not.

We will forward your feedback and suggestions to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules