Quickshots in D-log readable by VLC but not Resolve.
1027 6 2023-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221476 ft
Austria

Hello! I´m new here, and I have a question. Where do I ask a question about using d-log with Quickshots and  then finding the clip is not readable in Resolve (but IS in VLC) -  unless first converted at the same settings using Handbrake?
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please try to reinstall the said third-party editing software on your end and check if the issue persists. You may send us a screenshot or screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further. Furthermore, you may also try to use a different third-party editing software to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-21
Use props
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-21 20:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please try to reinstall the said third-party editing software on your end and check if the issue persists. You may send us a screenshot or screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further. Furthermore, you may also try to use a different third-party editing software to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for replying so promptly!
I doubt the issue can be solved by re-installing Resolve. I´m using 18.5 and started with 17. There have been several re-installations/updates since then. The few replies I have seen to my question usually surmise that it has to do with Quickshots not being possible (standard red Resolve "offline media" message) while in d-log mode. Yet the clips ARE playable in VLC and after being passed through Handbrake (orig settings output) they work fine as d-log files and respond to grading the same way as all the other files shot in d-log.
What´s going on? Thanks in advance!
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bill Lorenz Posted at 9-22 01:25
Thanks for replying so promptly!
I doubt the issue can be solved by re-installing Resolve. I´m using 18.5 and started with 17. There have been several re-installations/updates since then. The few replies I have seen to my question usually surmise that it has to do with Quickshots not being possible (standard red Resolve "offline media" message) while in d-log mode. Yet the clips ARE playable in VLC and after being passed through Handbrake (orig settings output) they work fine as d-log files and respond to grading the same way as all the other files shot in d-log.
What´s going on? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for keeping us posted, Bill. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. Please confirm what Davinci Resolve version are you currently using? Please note that the DaVinci free version does not support 10-bit H.264. If the issue persists, please provide us the original video for us to check it further. Thank you.
2023-9-29
Use props
Bill Lorenz
lvl.1
Austria

Thanks for replying.
The answer, it seems, is that even if set at H265, the DJI software will change that setting to H264 when shooting a Quick Shot (at least on the Mavic 3 C), without notice, but not change the d-log CS setting. Resolve cannot then read that file; it has to be converted to H265/HEVC by Handbrake to become readable by Resolve.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bill Lorenz Posted at 10-1 00:25
Thanks for replying.
The answer, it seems, is that even if set at H265, the DJI software will change that setting to H264 when shooting a Quick Shot (at least on the Mavic 3 C), without notice, but not change the d-log CS setting. Resolve cannot then read that file; it has to be converted to H265/HEVC by Handbrake to become readable by Resolve.

You're welcome, Bill. We're glad that you managed to figure out this concern. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules