Obstacle Beep Alarm and Bypassing is Gone and not working=Crashed
585 5 2023-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BatchMatch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377090 ft
Austria

I flew my drone with this idea in my subconscious mind that there is a beep alarm for any kind of obstacles that i might not see and crashed my drone to a bar that I did not see at all and did NOT get any beeping sound and the drone also did not bypass it. So I retrieved the drone and although busted I could turned it on and I noticed that the beeping sound and obstacle avoiding is gone, so I thought the drone is broken BUT surprisingly when I got the replacement I noticed there is NO beeping sound and the drone does not avoid obstacles at all.
This is insanely dangerous and has to be immediately fixed. This shows that it was not pilot fault and actually I should not even be charged 119 Euros for replacement!!!

My current DJI Fly Firmware: Version 1.11.4(800)

2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-9-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you like post your flightlog(s) for this issue

Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the  uploaded link on here.

Mayby log explains more. Do you have screen recording for these flight ?

cheers
JJB
2023-9-24
Use props
BatchMatch
lvl.1
Austria

So i contact the customer support and they said because i agreed to pay the amount of money and get a new one the further proccess of this case is not possible and that hurts and when i ask:
2023-9-28
Use props
BatchMatch
lvl.1
Austria

So i contact the customer support and they said because i agreed to pay the amount of money and get a new one the further proccess of this case is not possible but i did not at that time till i got the new one and noticed it has the same issue and that hurts and when i ask:"But I was wondering, when an aircraft crashes because of this issue, would that be considered in diagnosis as  pilot fault ?" And they totally dodged the answer and said: " Unfortunately your case was not a regular Repaircase but a refresh Express case and therefore no analysis was done." Regarding the issue itself i was able to solve the problem with reseting everything including the remote and using  DJI Assistant 2 (for hobby drones) to fully callibrate all sensors and now the beep is back and dron avoid obstacles. But that hurts to pay for this with my money.
2023-9-28
Use props
BatchMatch
lvl.1
Austria

So i contact the customer support and they said because i agreed to pay the amount of money and get a new one the further proccess of this case is not possible but i did not at that time till i got the new one and noticed it has the same issue and that hurts and when i ask:"But I was wondering, when an aircraft crashes because of this issue, would that be considered in diagnosis as  pilot fault ?" And they totally dodged the answer and said: " Unfortunately your case was not a regular Repaircase but a refresh Express case and therefore no analysis was done." Regarding the issue itself i was able to solve the problem with reseting everything including the remote and using  DJI Assistant 2 (for hobby drones) to fully callibrate all sensors and now the beep is back and dron avoid obstacles. But that hurts to pay for this with my money.
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules