Annoying the blink of the tx battery level! A suggestion for the developers...
620 4 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amadeus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202287 ft
Italy

As follows is my personal opinion regarding the choice to codify on the phantom transmitter some intermediate battery level status with a blinking led.

I consider this solution inappropriate for the following reasons:

1. A blinking led, due its strong visibility, is usually used for warning porpuses!
2. The use of a blinking led to codify 4 of the 8 battery level status distract and irritates without reason

What I would suggest (for the TX only):

1. Preserve the actual 8 stages battery level indication for the battery test only (when the TX is off and the power button is pressed once..)
2. For the TX working mode, use a 4.5 stages battery level approach (100% to 75% four leds, 75% to 50% three leds, 50% to 25% two leds, 25% to 12.5% one led, less than 12.5% one blinking led)
3. This solution ensures an acceptable precision, it is't source of distractions and when the battery is running low (less than 12.5%), the blinking of the led alerts the pilot!

What do you think?
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

sorry what is the exact distraction?
2015-9-2
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I never notice the battery LEDs on the remote when I am flying. Too much else happening I suppose.  If it really bothers you, put a piece of tape over them.
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-9-3 08:31
I never notice the battery LEDs on the remote when I am flying. Too much else happening I suppose.   ...

to be honest, as u said i never have noticed the battery  lights on rc, even when i look at the signal led!!! i just check the battery led before i set out to make sure there is enough charge.
2015-9-2
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 18:55
to be honest, as u said i never have noticed the battery  lights on rc, even when i look at the si ...

Pretty much the same here. I have no issues with any of the LEDs flashing.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules