Action 4 as a dashcam? A few questions on loop recording etc
379 2 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RanOutOfNicks
lvl.1

Singapore

Can you help me understand how well, or not, the Osmo Action 4 would work as a dashcam?

The manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Osmo_Action_4/UM/20230906/DJI_Osmo_Action_4_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf mention states that loop recording overwrites older footage.

But then some posts on this forum https://forum.dji.com/thread-242997-1-1.html mention that 'only clips of the currently recorded video will be overwritten'

Can you please confirm how it works?

If I have 20 files on my SD card, and the space is finishing, will the camera delete first file 1, then file 2, etc, regardless of whether they were recorded in the same session or not?

Is it possible to customise the clip length, eg set it to 2 minutes, 3 or 5?

Can the Action 4 start recording in loop mode as soon as I turn it on? Or how many swipes / menu options are needed to get it to record in loop mode?

Thanks!

2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our product. To enable loop recording on the DJI Osmo Action 4, at the camera screen click on the bottom left corner of the mode icon > video mode > slide up at the bottom of the screen > click on the upper left corner of the "loop length" setting, set the non-"OFF" option, that is, to turn on the loop recording function. Also, the loop duration option for the DJI Osmo Action 4 is off/max/5min/20min/1hour. Furthermore, the “Loop Duration” option determines the number and duration of the video clips. The storage space occupied by shooting is calculated in advance, and, if the calculated storage space is greater than the current residual storage, the warning “insufficient storage” will appear. If a longer loop duration is required, we recommend you to purchase a storage card with a larger capacity. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-22
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

The behavior of loop recording, such as whether it overwrites individual clips or entire sessions, is a feature that may vary by camera model and firmware version. This is something you should be able to find in the manual or through DJI support.

Customizing clip length is also a feature that some dashcams offer, but it depends on the specific capabilities of the Osmo Action 4. Check the manual for details.

The number of swipes or menu options required to start recording in loop mode can vary by the camera's user interface and settings. This information should be available in the user manual or through user experiences shared on forums.
2023-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules