Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Email today
1092 13 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160171 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got an email from DJI titled "New Firmware Update".  And there is a link which I clicked.  The link takes me to the normal Mavic 3 Pro sales page -- nothing to do about the update despite the button saying "Check it out" with "it" implicitly referring to the new update.

Further down, there are 8, no 7, new features (I guess).  Feature 1 and feature 6 are the exact same text "AR Return-to-Home Route".

Is everyone everywhere as incompetent as Biden?  Seriously?

I am actually curious what the update has.  I see the pinned articles in this forum but they don't really describe what the new features but just list them.

2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the email or forward it to support.dji.com? We just need to verify that email because all firmware update notifications will be via the DJI application. We look forward to your response.
2023-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

What’s New
• Added Vision Assist.
• Added AR Home Point, AR Return-to-Home Route, and AR Aircraft Shadow.
• Added D-Log M and HLG color modes for the tele camera.
• Added Night mode in recording mode for the medium tele camera, supports 4K 24/25/30fps.
• Added QuickShots for the medium tele camera, including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and
Asteroid.
• Added MasterShots for the medium tele camera.
• Added Sphere Panorama for the medium tele camera.
• Added Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing switch.
• Fixed some known issues.

2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

If you're jusy now getting the e-mail, there might be something up with your e-mail server/provider. This was weeks ago.
2023-9-22
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

"Is everyone everywhere as incompetent as Biden?  Seriously? "

Citation from "Der Spiegel", important weekly in Germany (my translation): "US aswell as EU-experts see the rising polarization in US-society as one of the major reasons for the sharp decline in the number of European tourists travelling to the US and skipping it for Canada"
2023-9-22
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 9-22 08:05
Hi there! Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide us a screenshot of the email or forward it to support.dji.com? We just need to verify that email because all firmware update notifications will be via the DJI application. We look forward to your response.

The email is from enews@e.dji.com. I can't fit the whole email on my screen.  This is the first part of it:

2023-9-22
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 9-22 08:42
"Is everyone everywhere as incompetent as Biden?  Seriously? "

Citation from "Der Spiegel", important weekly in Germany (my translation): "US aswell as EU-experts see the rising polarization in US-society as one of the major reasons for the sharp decline in the number of European tourists travelling to the US and skipping it for Canada"

Hmm...  I just got back from a month's trip to Germany.

2023-9-22
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-22 08:20
What’s New
• Added Vision Assist.
• Added AR Home Point, AR Return-to-Home Route, and AR Aircraft Shadow.

Slight change of topic but I've always wondered why they don't have collision sensors on the top.  Especially with return to home that rises up, I've always been afraid that it will rise up into a tree canopy.
2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

pedzsan Posted at 9-22 09:25
Slight change of topic but I've always wondered why they don't have collision sensors on the top.  Especially with return to home that rises up, I've always been afraid that it will rise up into a tree canopy.

The mavic 3 DOES in fact have upward OA.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

pedzsan Posted at 9-22 08:53
The email is from . I can't fit the whole email on my screen.  This is the first part of it:

[view_image]

Hi there! Thank you for the information. The email address provided is an official email address of DJI, so the email content is valid if you receive one. The Mavic 3 Pro just released its latest firmware on September 5th. For details of what's been up to, simply click here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... es_EN_20230905.pdf.
2023-9-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Slight change of topic but I've always wondered why they don't have collision sensors on the top.  Especially with return to home that rises up, I've always been afraid that it will rise up into a tree canopy.

The simple solution to that is to avoid flying under tree canopy, especially when your battery is getting low.
2023-9-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always a problem with the FPV when you spend quite a bit of time flying in and under trees and branches and thru long tunnels.  The range and penetration is pretty good and you can usually see the video start to fade which allows you to quickly turn around and escape but still, it's a good idea to switch your RTH setting to hover so when you disconnect, your drone will hover and then you have to chase it down and reconnect or when the battery gets too low, you can freeze it and it will land.  Either way, the Avata can probably withstand a rise up into the canopy but not so much a tunnel like a freeway underpass or train bridge.

Then there are other instances like this:  
2023-9-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21888163 ft
United States

excellent remark.
I always worried about that as well when flying along on ATV trails
2023-9-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12142077 ft
  • >>>
United States

Classy to bring your politics into it.
2023-9-23
Use props