phantom 4 remote manual reset? (lights won't charge past 25%)
774 7 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi!

Could a DJI admin please let me know how to "reset" the battery on a Phantom 4 Remote?
Basically - it is blinking at about 25% - and no matter how long I charge it - it blinks on the "2nd" light.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that pushing certain buttons on the remote will reset it.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere unscrewing the remote and pulling out one of the battery things, then putting it back in should reset it.

a) And a follow up question to that - when/if I do that - is it "fully" resetting it (i.e., so it will charge probably to 4 lights, for however long the battery life is?) - OR - is it making a new "temporary full location" (i.e., so the remote now things "25%" charged = "fully charged" = and simply resets the 25% to "4 lights"?)
b) For the 2nd method - would it now start recharging fully?

Thanks!

2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

For the the Phantom 4 Pro remote controller without a built-in screen, press the C1, C2, and shutter buttons Simultaneously when the remote controller is powered off. Then power on the remote controller and the indicator will turn solid cyan. Link the remote controller to the App. Follow the upgrade step in the status bar. If the issue persists and if the unit is no longer under warranty, we recommend you to purchase a new one as the repair fee when sending this RC is more likely the same as you purchase a new one. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-23
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-23 23:35
For the the Phantom 4 Pro remote controller without a built-in screen, press the C1, C2, and shutter buttons Simultaneously when the remote controller is powered off. Then power on the remote controller and the indicator will turn solid cyan. Link the remote controller to the App. Follow the upgrade step in the status bar. If the issue persists and if the unit is no longer under warranty, we recommend you to purchase a new one as the repair fee when sending this RC is more likely the same as you purchase a new one. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.

It is for the regular Phantom 4, not PRO. Will this reset the battery counter, so it starts charging with 4 lights (instead of stopping at 2?)
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 9-24 05:14
It is for the regular Phantom 4, not PRO. Will this reset the battery counter, so it starts charging with 4 lights (instead of stopping at 2?)

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Based on your description, the remote needs to be repaired. Since Phantom 4 suspended service and support on July 15, 2023, we sincerely recommend that you upgrade to an alternative product of a new model so that you can enjoy our more recent, improved technologies, and we can then continue to provide you with efficient customer service.

You can check the announcement here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D815%26typeid%3D815
2023-9-24
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-24 23:32
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Based on your description, the remote needs to be repaired. Since Phantom 4 suspended service and support on July 15, 2023, we sincerely recommend that you upgrade to an alternative product of a new model so that you can enjoy our more recent, improved technologies, and we can then continue to provide you with efficient customer service.

You can check the announcement here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270360&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D815%26typeid%3D815

Thing is, I spent about $2500 on this drone, batteries, etc.

So simply "buying a new one" because you don't want to fix it, isn't really a viable option. (Also, I don't really want to be buying a "yearly drone" simply because you expire the previous one). $2500 is not supposed to be a "recurring purchase". $2500 is a lot of money. Supposed to last a long time.

Please let me know how I can fix this myself, since it seems you don't do that now?

Thanks!
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 9-25 07:07
Thing is, I spent about $2500 on this drone, batteries, etc.

So simply "buying a new one" because you don't want to fix it, isn't really a viable option. (Also, I don't really want to be buying a "yearly drone" simply because you expire the previous one). $2500 is not supposed to be a "recurring purchase". $2500 is a lot of money. Supposed to last a long time.

We are sorry about that. Because electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies.
We are unable to tell you how to repair or fix the issue either. Kindly understand that.
2023-9-26
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-26 05:59
We are sorry about that. Because electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies.
We are unable to tell you how to repair or fix the issue either. Kindly understand that.

You probably had a book for your tech... can you send a .pdf copy of that?

Thanks.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 9-28 09:12
You probably had a book for your tech... can you send a .pdf copy of that?

Thanks.

Sorry. We do not have this kind of books or files.
2023-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules