Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19819813 ft
United States

Can the  DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Battery Kit
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-battery-kit?vid=119871

be used with the orignal Mavic3 Drone?  Are they the same  DJI Mavic 3 Series Intelligent Flight Battery?

I looking to purchase some extra battery's  & I am thinking of buying the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Battery Kit for my mavic3  but but my drone is not the enterprise drone just the orignal M3.
I really could use another set of batteries for long missions and was thinking this is a good way to get another set of 3 batteires & another charger all at the same time

are they all the same batteries?

2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

All Mavic 3 batteries are the same. This might be a little more expensive, but a much better deal over all. Buy two or three batteries and this charger. The DJI hub STILL needs a 65w or 100w brick to work. This one charges all three simultaneously and is AC/DC.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C85K ... t_b_product_details
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series batteries and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer drone batteries are the same other than differences in firmware.

When the Consumer drone batteries are inserted into the Enterprise drone, a prompt will automatically appear in the DJI Pilot 2 app stating that “Firmware version inconsistent with other devices versions”. Then the battery firmware will be refreshed to the Enterprise version. Please follow the app prompt to complete the firmware update.

Similarly, when the Enterprise drone batteries are inserted into the Consumer drone, a prompt will automatically appear in the DJI Fly app stating that “Firmware version inconsistent with other devices versions”. Then the battery firmware will be refreshed to the Consumer version. Please follow the app prompt to complete the firmware update. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

2023-9-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-22 17:46
All Mavic 3 batteries are the same. This might be a little more expensive, but a much better deal over all. Buy two or three batteries and this charger. The DJI hub STILL needs a 65w or 100w brick to work. This one charges all three simultaneously and is AC/DC.

Thanks that a good lead for a charging hub But what I really need is the batteries.

So if I buy the enterprise battery kit I'll save almost $60  on 3 batteries and the 100watt charging hub .
if I buy the batteries separately  at $209 each  that will be $628 &  I'll end up only saving $30  then have to buy a charging hub anyway, so I can charge all the batteries at the same time   I know some of the enterprise accessories do not fit the original mavic that ia why i asked my stupid question bout the batteries  

2023-9-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I wouldn't buy any more batteries that you need for the purpose... They are consumable and not something to keep in store just in case...

Just a suggestion...

2023-9-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-22 18:02
I wouldn't buy any more batteries that you need for the purpose... They are consumable and not something to keep in store, just in case...

Just a suggestion...

You make a good point,.
But I am not planning on storing them I was actually in need of like 5 extra batteries. i have 3 now I could use like 6 or 8 of them

When I go out for a job order. some times it's for a couple of days and having a half dozen fully chargered batteries sure would be helpful  when in the field, uits got to be better than  having to wait for the 60watt car charger to charge a battery to continue what I was doing . I just though having a few extra batteries would make my job easier
2023-9-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-22 17:46
All Mavic 3 batteries are the same. This might be a little more expensive, but a much better deal over all. Buy two or three batteries and this charger. The DJI hub STILL needs a 65w or 100w brick to work. This one charges all three simultaneously and is AC/DC.

I do like the LCD screen and other features. Even if it does charge all three batteries at the same time, it maxes out at the same wattage as the OEM charger. So if you put 3 empty batteries on both of them they'll finish charging at roughly the same time. It is still a good deal money wise though.
2023-9-22
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-22 18:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series batteries and DJI Mavic 3 Consumer drone batteries are the same other than differences in firmware.

When the Consumer drone batteries are inserted into the Enterprise drone, a prompt will automatically appear in the DJI Pilot 2 app stating that “Firmware version inconsistent with other devices versions”. Then the battery firmware will be refreshed to the Enterprise version. Please follow the app prompt to complete the firmware update.

Thank you very much that is the information I was hoping for . I could really use a few more battery's  thank you very much for your quick reply

2023-9-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-22 18:01

Many of us here sure wish DJI would apply the same logic to the RC Pro Enterprise. Since this Enterprise RC Pro is just a "firmware refresh" away from being a consumer RC Pro.
2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-22 18:01
Thanks that a good lead for a charging hub  But what I really need is the batteries.

So if I buy the enterprise battery kit I'll save almost $60  on 3 batteries and the 100watt charging hub .

The hub STILL needs the 100 watt charger for $105, and DJI is out of stock. Amazon has them.
2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-22 18:10
I do like the LCD screen and other features. Even if it does charge all three batteries at the same time, it maxes out at the same wattage as the OEM charger. So if you put 3 empty batteries on both of them they'll finish charging at roughly the same time. It is still a good deal money wise though.

Nope, 150 minutes for all three compared to 70 minutes EACH with the 100 watt charger, that's 210 minutes.
2023-9-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-22 19:15
Nope, 150 minutes for all three compared to 70 minutes EACH with the 100 watt charger, that's 210 minutes.

Riiiiigghhht. You can put as much faith in that claim as you can a 46 minute flight time or an Air 3 reaching 20km.  Nice marketing but not based in reality. Just look at the actual numbers of the charger.

"Input: 11-14V/10A (MAX), Output: 17.6V/2A x3 or 3A x2,Output total power: 120W (MAX), Discharge power:18W(MAX),USB output:5V 3A"

I've measured my DJI 100W charger and it peaks at almost 110W. This 3rd party charger says very clearly 120W MAX. It's probably a 12V 10A power supply (the listing never says) so the max theoretical wattage would be 120. Even if it has an 85% efficiency (probably lower than that) the DJI charger would actually come out the winner. Just not on price.
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-22 18:12
Thank you very much that is the information I was hoping for . I could really use a few more battery's  thank you very much for your quick reply

You are very much welcome, Ms Ivy. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-22 18:40
Many of us here sure wish DJI would apply the same logic to the RC Pro Enterprise. Since this Enterprise RC Pro is just a "firmware refresh" away from being a consumer RC Pro.

Hello, Johnnokomis. We will gather this feedback of yours and will surely forward it to our relevant team for consideration. Rest assured that we always value every suggestion from our consumers. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-22 19:53
Riiiiigghhht. You can put as much faith in that claim as you can a 46 minute flight time or an Air 3 reaching 20km.  Nice marketing but not based in reality. Just look at the actual numbers of the charger.

"Input: 11-14V/10A (MAX), Output: 17.6V/2A x3 or 3A x2,Output total power: 120W (MAX), Discharge power:18W(MAX),USB output:5V 3A"

In my real world experience, the 150 minutes is correct with this charger that I own and use almost daily.
2023-9-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-23 07:23
In my real world experience, the 150 minutes is correct with this charger that I own and use almost daily.

There's many reasons why minutes isn't a valid measurement for chargers and batteries. Too many variables I that unit of measurement. Like what the battery level at start time is. Imagine how meaningless gas mileage numbers would mean if they were measured in hours per gallon.

Either way, the numbers in my previous post are backed up by actual power ratings provided in the listing. Which is probably a better deal if price is the most important. The discharge mode doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The batteries have this built in and can be controlled by the user.
2023-9-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-23 11:14
There's many reasons why minutes isn't a valid measurement for chargers and batteries. Too many variables I that unit of measurement. Like what the battery level at start time is. Imagine how meaningless gas mileage numbers would mean if they were measured in hours per gallon.

Either way, the numbers in my previous post are backed up by actual power ratings provided in the listing. Which is probably a better deal if price is the most important. The discharge mode doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The batteries have this built in and can be controlled by the user.

Just charged all 3 fro 12% to 100% in 135 minutes.
2023-9-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-22 18:06
You make a good point,.
But I am not planning on storing them I was actually in need of like 5 extra batteries. i have 3 now I could use like 6 or 8 of them

Well 8 battery will give you at least 240 minutes of flying time...

My eyes do tend to dry out after one battery, but it is nice to see that you are getting a good use out of your drone...
2023-9-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-23 16:40
Just charged all 3 fro 12% to 100% in 135 minutes.

Again, this is going to depend on the starting percentage of all batteries and the age/capacity of all batteries as well.
2023-9-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-25 01:41
Well 8 battery will give you at least 240 minutes of flying time...

My eyes do tend to dry out after one battery, but it is nice to see that you are getting a good use out of your drone...

Thanks . I do have pretty good eyes ,
The big thing is I live in the Appalachian mountains in the middle of Cherokee national forest, & we ride ATV  and we do a lot off primitive camping so having the extra batteries will be nice on weekend out not having to use the cigarette lighter on the ATV to charge batteries. I have a 60 watt car charger that will charge them over night good, but during the day it takes a hour and a half a battery . I can use 4 or 5 batteries easy So the extra batteries will be used.  A day out on th lake I can use 5 batteries easy lol

I love to fly

2023-9-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-22 19:11
The hub STILL needs the 100 watt charger for $105, and DJI is out of stock. Amazon has them.

Oh. I guess you did not notice that The battery kit includes the 100wat charger .  

The  DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Battery Kit includes three Intelligent Flight Batteries and one DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub (100W) to meet the needs of long-duration operations.
price $659 https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-enterprise-battery-kit?vid=119871
so the extra hub will be nice to have . I have 2 of the  DJI USB-C Power Adapter (100W) power supply for the hubs. so I'm good there
2023-9-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-25 17:28
Oh. I guess you did not notice that The battery kit includes the 100wat charger .  

The  DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Battery Kit includes three Intelligent Flight Batteries and one DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub (100W) to meet the needs of long-duration operations.

No, it does not include the USB-C Power Adapter. When DJI calls it a Battery Charging Hub (100W) this is just one of their notoriously sneaky marketing tricks. Screenshot 2023-09-25 223935.png
2023-9-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-25 19:41
No, it does not include the USB-C Power Adapter. When DJI calls it a Battery Charging Hub (100W) this is just one of their notoriously sneaky marketing tricks.

Oh My, I am sorry I don't think you read my post completely
I mentioned I have 2 of the  USB-C 100 watt power adapter so I was good there.
I bought a USB-C 100 watt power adapter for another drone as the 100 watt power adapter was advertised as universal USB-C  type  power adapter at that time., I got it so I could speed up the charging time on my mini2 batteries, that was way before I had bought the mavic3 flymore kit, about 6 month later,  & that came with a USB-C 100 watt power adapter & charging hub,  so I did not need extra power adapter.  
In the end I just need the Mavic 3 batteries Kit which came with 3 -$209 batteries & the $99 battery hub and a $10 USB-c cord,  saved about $70 on the purchase, all together.  I order the kit today with my bonus points, it said it be here Friday
Thanks for the help

2023-9-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-25 17:28

The  DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Battery Kit includes three Intelligent Flight Batteries and one DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub (100W) to meet the needs of long-duration operations.

I did see the hub. And since you have the 100 watt charger already, you are good to go. The charger I linked to charges from AC as well as DC, so pretty convenient for camping and travel. But you are already set up for that. That area is one of the most beautiful in the country. I would love to fly Cades Cove, but National Park. Love the pictures!!
2023-9-26
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-26 03:58
I did see the hub. And since you have the 100 watt charger already, you are good to go. The charger I linked to charges from AC as well as DC, so pretty convenient for camping and travel. But you are already set up for that. That area is one of the most beautiful in the country. I would love to fly Cades Cove, but National Park. Love the pictures!!

Thanks my friend.
This is embarrassing,  but today I just notices the black brick DJI USB-c 100watt charger has a second USB ports on it.  I could have been using that extra USB port all this time and never noticed it .
2023-9-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-26 07:48
Thanks my friend.
This is embarrassing,  but today I just notices the black brick DJI USB-c 100watt charger has a second USB ports on it.  I could have been using that extra USB port all this time and never noticed it .[view_image]

This is a 65W charger, not a 100W.
2023-9-26
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-26 07:55
This is a 65W charger, not a 100W.

Oh wow you are right

The other one i have is a little 3' square box and it also has to2  USB post as well .
I have no idea why i never noticed that before
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules