DJI Spark - Pixelation/ Artifacts on SD card footage
584 3 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FNSpiderMatt
lvl.1
United States

I just dusted off my Spark that I haven't used in quite a long time. I was getting used to the controls and just taking video to observe. When I pulled the memory card to upload it to my computer every video I took had a good number of artifacts and pixelation throughout it. I've since changed the SD card, formatted the SD card, ran some more flights, and I having the same issue.

I do not think it a memory card issue. I initial used a Samsung Evo Select U3 and then switched to a Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3. These cards, especially the Sandisk should be more than capable of handling the write speeds for the Spark. The video cache saved directly to the phone from the flight seems to be much better than what I am pulling off the SD card as each of those turns into a mess.

I've tried loading the video into different software programs with the same result each time.

Any idea what may be causing this?

2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Does the issue occur on all the video files you have on the DJI Spark? Please try to reformat again the SD card using your PC or use a different SD card to further isolate the issue. You may try to change the resolution or reset the camera settings on the app and see if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-22
Use props
FNSpiderMatt
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-22 22:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Does the issue occur on all the video files you have on the DJI Spark? Please try to reformat again the SD card using your PC or use a different SD card to further isolate the issue. You may try to change the resolution or reset the camera settings on the app and see if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It took a few days to test due to poor weather, but even with different SD Cards, formatting them in my computer, and resetting camera settings I ended up with the same result. The video is pixelated and blocky at various points throughout the recording.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

FNSpiderMatt Posted at 9-28 16:45
It took a few days to test due to poor weather, but even with different SD Cards, formatting them in my computer, and resetting camera settings I ended up with the same result. The video is pixelated and blocky at various points throughout the recording.

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try to reset the camera settings to further isolate the issue. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may create an online repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules