Does the mini 4 pro compatible with the RC controller?
10665 53 2023-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shinzan
lvl.1
United States

Spruikers Posted at 11-5 15:26
Hey David, DJI could sit on the same design / transmission technology however they are such a progressive company, they are always wanting to improve. It is inevitable that certain products will and will not work with the RC pro controller but currently, the PRO products work with it so that is the main idea. The Mini 4 pro is so well priced WITH a controller that still has a screen - I think we should be very happy and remember how lucky we are to have access to such amazing products for such low pricing. It really is quite incredible if you really stop to consider the Mavic 3 pro which previously needed a drone much larger to carry a camera now not as good. And the Mini 4pro - what a fun and fantastic product!
Backward compatibility is still something they should keep in mind when  selling a 1100 RC remote the Radios in V4 sit above V3 they could make  the mini pro4 work with the RC Pro if they want and it would just have a  slighly reduced range and i'd be find with that because I need HDMI  out.  Are you a sockpuppet account for DJI? We should be happy to have a  $1100 remote then have it go obsolte on 1 generation of drones???  I'm  with David I want reduced range and backward compatibility, hear the  customers DJI you are not the only drone company available.
2023-11-6
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

Shinzan Posted at 11-6 12:52
Backward compatibility is still something they should keep in mind when  selling a 1100 RC remote the Radios in V4 sit above V3 they could make  the mini pro4 work with the RC Pro if they want and it would just have a  slighly reduced range and i'd be find with that because I need HDMI  out.  Are you a sockpuppet account for DJI? We should be happy to have a  $1100 remote then have it go obsolte on 1 generation of drones???  I'm  with David I want reduced range and backward compatibility, hear the  customers DJI you are not the only drone company available.

For what it's worth, you can use a USB-C to HDMI dongle and get video out from the RC2 if that's all you're looking for. I know the Pro has a brighter screen though.
2023-11-6
Use props
Shinzan
lvl.1
United States

ArcaneXVI Posted at 11-6 12:57
For what it's worth, you can use a USB-C to HDMI dongle and get video out from the RC2 if that's all you're looking for. I know the Pro has a brighter screen though.

does that remote have a built in GSM modem capability?
2023-11-6
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

Shinzan Posted at 11-6 12:57
does that remote have a built in GSM modem capability?

I'm relatively new but my understanding is that the DJI modem only works in mainland China but maybe you're talking about something else.
2023-11-6
Use props
Shinzan
lvl.1
United States

ArcaneXVI Posted at 11-6 14:42
I'm relatively new but my understanding is that the DJI modem only works in mainland China but maybe you're talking about something else.

incorrect, I bought the lte modem from china and it works in the USA just add sim card
2023-11-9
Use props
marco ecca
lvl.1

Italy

Anch'io mi reputo una persona che dopo aver speso 1009,00 euro per il  controller DJI RC PRO ,si ritrova a dover usare il mini 4 pro con il telecomando rc n2 senza display e penso che non arriverà mai un aggiornamento per usarlo col mini 4 pro e questa cosa mi rende molto infelice. mi auguro che la DJi si dia una mossa per aggiornare il RC PRO a O4
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_zAq8hUuvN2NZ
lvl.1

United States

This is extremely disappointing.   I didn't even want the rc controller w my mini3 but was forced to buy one.  Now that I have and use it regularly you're telling me it's not compatible with the mini4 I just bought.  Smh.
2023-11-21
Use props
djiuser_uKjlnb9eA2hT
lvl.1

United States

Dji is the new apple ,they make sure you have to buy new stuff only and they use it as a way to make the prices "justified"

This is ridiculous I have the mini 3 drone with the rc controller thing was about 900$+ and with all these extra controllers theve been coming out with ,it's overwhelming.. why is it so hard for the "engineers" make the radio signal work with older controllers ? Why not make an attachment work with the older controllers ? This will be my first and last purchase of anything drone related with dji in the future I'm going to look for better brands that offer flexibility with the stuff they sell..
2023-11-26
Use props
Shinzan
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_uKjlnb9eA2hT Posted at 11-26 12:45
Dji is the new apple ,they make sure you have to buy new stuff only and they use it as a way to make the prices "justified"

This is ridiculous I have the mini 3 drone with the rc controller thing was about 900$+ and with all these extra controllers theve been coming out with ,it's overwhelming.. why is it so hard for the "engineers" make the radio signal work with older controllers ? Why not make an attachment work with the older controllers ? This will be my first and last purchase of anything drone related with dji in the future I'm going to look for better brands that offer flexibility with the stuff they sell..

Bullseye, time to get away from DJI's Apple mentality of buy a new drone and new 1100 "pro" controllers every two years
2023-11-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uKjlnb9eA2hT Posted at 11-26 12:45
Dji is the new apple ,they make sure you have to buy new stuff only and they use it as a way to make the prices "justified"

Nobody else does it better and in fact, I going to say with other drone manufacturers....it's worse.  Sounds like you believe other manufacturers have it all under control and all of their equipment is totally compatible with everything else.  Please check into it and get back to us and let us know what you find.  Many of us already know the answer but it's best you find out on your own rather than take our word for it.

The DJI mix of compatibility in unrivaled in the world; it isn't perfect, but nobody else comes close.  At this point in time, you hit a technology milestone where the systems have evolved just enough making backwards compatibility less likely (but not impossible).  This will happen when technology grows rapidly.  But DJI chose to use the best technology even if it means less compatibility where they could have gone with something less just to make sure everything works on day 1.  You gotta draw the line somewhere and I agree with DJI they drew the line in the right place.  Not because it's a bright line that cannot be crossed but because over time, they may be able to overcome the differences and provide backward compatibility one day....but not today; they just need more time.

You are welcome to stick with the older tech (as I have similarly chosen) and give the new tech time to mature and we can both revisit DJI in a few years and discover everything is up to date, compatible, AND about as advanced as they can get without making concessions to growth.  This isn't all done on the fly, the DJI roadmap is a work of art that reveals over time and I agree with you the timing is not always the best and I think that is what you are seeing.  And, the pandemic had something to do with that, too.
2023-11-27
Use props
Shinzan
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-27 14:23
Nobody else does it better and in fact, I going to say with other drone manufacturers....it's worse.  Sounds like you believe other manufacturers have it all under control and all of their equipment is totally compatible with everything else.  Please check into it and get back to us and let us know what you find.  Many of us already know the answer but it's best you find out on your own rather than take our word for it.

The DJI mix of compatibility in unrivaled in the world; it isn't perfect, but nobody else comes close.  At this point in time, you hit a technology milestone where the systems have evolved just enough making backwards compatibility less likely (but not impossible).  This will happen when technology grows rapidly.  But DJI chose to use the best technology even if it means less compatibility where they could have gone with something less just to make sure everything works on day 1.  You gotta draw the line somewhere and I agree with DJI they drew the line in the right place.  Not because it's a bright line that cannot be crossed but because over time, they may be able to overcome the differences and provide backward compatibility one day....but not today; they just need more time.

cool story, valid criticism presented, your response is deal with it bro, I for one will not be buying anymore Chinese Communist Party DJI, Xi can get all his bucks from you i reckon
2023-12-7
Use props
Straight-up
New

United States

I can't believe that the upgraded mini three pro controller "RC" Isn't going to work with the new mini four pro which I was thinking of purchasing.. I have a feeling this is all about sales and this is wrong. You don't need to carry so many controllers to enjoy.
I am positive it's a firmware / software thing that can make this right!!.
I will be holding on my future purchases
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Straight-up Posted at 12-13 10:59
I can't believe that the upgraded mini three pro controller "RC" Isn't going to work with the new mini four pro which I was thinking of purchasing.. I have a feeling this is all about sales and this is wrong. You don't need to carry so many controllers to enjoy.
I am positive it's a firmware / software thing that can make this right!!.
I will be holding on my future purchases

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. The O4 is DJI's latest generation of video transmission technology, which enhances the transmission distance and improves the stability of the transmission connection in complex environments through the use of multi-antenna technology and upgraded communication algorithms. DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI RC-N2, and DJI RC 2 support the latest O4 video transmission technology. By using the complete devices with O4 technology, you can enjoy a smoother and more reliable image transmission experience. Nonetheless, please stay assured that we've forwarded your feedback to our relevant team for awareness. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules